List of Drones and What They Do?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HyperionXL
xr

List of Drones and What They Do?

Post by HyperionXL » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 07:54

Can anyone put together a list of drones and what they do?

I'm baffled by the list of drones, but absolutely no description on what each of them features when purchasing them. It's times like these that I miss Betty's voice. Some of them are evident by their name alone, most aren't.

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 08:22

There is description, click on an icon at the left of the drone name at shop. It will tell you about everything.

HyperionXL
xr

Post by HyperionXL » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 08:33

Well herp derp me. Thanks. So glad the tutorial taught me that!

symbine
x4

Post by symbine » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 09:55

With the beholder drone, does scanning stations actually do anything or is it just a time sink??

tabu_niw
x3tc

Post by tabu_niw » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 10:38

Another question regarding Beholder drones:

What's the difference between the 3 different versions? The encyclopaedia is not helpful at all in this regard; it's the same entry for all three.
:(

rkrisher
x4

Post by rkrisher » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 23:11

I came looking for info on the Beholder Drone beyond what it says in the description. I scanned many stations with the Beholder Drone but still have to fly through the "info" points with the skunk. The drone can't see info points on a station the Skunk is not close too and I can't find where the drone has drawn any relevant data from it's scan.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 00:27

Somewhat related: my marine-officer whines of "no scanner-data" when launching pods. Can i scan the target somehow to provide that info and does it have effect on where the pods land or how they behave?

Miravlix
x4

Post by Miravlix » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 02:44

Certain nodes on a station can't be scanned by ship, but needs a drone.

Fx. RoC Habitat stations stops at 8x% scanned if you visit all nodes with just the skunk.

You can get "lucky" and hit unsecured nodes, these autodiscover 4 other nodes and can result in getting 100% on a station that would normally need a drone for the last 20ish %.

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 02:46

swatti wrote:Somewhat related: my marine-officer whines of "no scanner-data" when launching pods. Can i scan the target somehow to provide that info and does it have effect on where the pods land or how they behave?
I was mucking about with that script the other day, there was meant to be an optional pre-boarding objective using the scanner drone which would give an advantage to your marines if you completed it. I assume your officer is complaining that this hasn't been done, despite it not currently being in the game.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”