Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP (ASS-AP) v88 [AP][ALP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Jun 13, 07:44

if I want to clean up all the currently spawned ships ... what would be the best way?

Spoiler
Show
Run the script that I linked above (inside spoiler tags). That will put a list of all abandoned ships into the log file. Then go to each and destroy them.

Of course, it will also show all of the vanilla abandoned ships. Hence the spoiler tags.
Or, if you can wait a few days, then I will add a forced-cleanup feature to the next version. I have to do an update soon, anyway, due to Vayde's issue.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 17:41

I think I ran into a bug, or an interesting cross-reaction with the NPC boarding mod. I had this A.S.S. Ryu floating around for a about 5 in-game days until last night where I found out that it was no longer dormant - I scanned it and saw that it had been boarded by 19 4-star marines (!) and was no longer claimable. Instead, it was merrily flying around in circles around Saturn 3.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Jun 13, 17:58

Haha! Nice one!

Perhaps the AI is becoming self-aware? ;)

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 21:07

I have a problem with this:

When I try to install this mod (with the pluginmanager). I get a list of things that it can't install, and than nothing happends.

Is there a download that I can use without the pluginmanager, or someone can point out what I am doing wrong?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 02:00

Hey Bullwinkle, I just decided to switch from the NPC Bailing Addon to your simpler script in the hope to lessen a bit the strain on my system that became evident after noticing how it skips the Marine Repair cycles when in SETA.

So, I went to browse the libs that actually decide which ships will spawn in the intent to adapt them for XRM (I wanted to add some XRM ships to them, and while there I noticed they indeed need some tweaking, as the different tships makes it select a couple of placeholders here and there, as you can see in the screenshot). I'm a bit puzzled by how the array and relative random number generator is set though; for example:

[ external image ]

The array has 22 ships in it, but the random generator to choose which ship to spawn only goes from 0 to 15, aka it should NOT be able to select the ships at the end. Am I wrong? Is there any particular reason it's set up like that (such as if it's being called by some other script that uses the same array and needs it this way)?
I'm asking before I break something unexpected if I add entries to the array without being careful :P

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 03:27

It appears that I truncated the list intentionally. Perhaps because several of the ships were already on the list, and I didn't want to double the odds of selecting those. *Shrug*.... don't overthink it. You can fiddle with the odds as you prefer.
  • (and, yes, you are reading it correctly)

It did occur to me that it is possible to make ASS work with any mod. If I ever come back to the X-Verse, then doing that is already on my To-Do list.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 03:47

Then you might want to have a look at it: most of the libs are "truncated" this way, even those that indeed would be adding new AP ships. For instance, you added the new TP+ (Phantom, Lance, etc) to the TP array, but the random number is still capped at the old value, thus it's ignoring all your work... :P

In the meanwhile, while waiting for your input I indeed added the XRM ships, corrected those (very few) wrong entries due to the different tships, and adapted the random generator in all libs. I've only added M6/7/2/1/0 and TLs though, as I don't really care about fighters at the point I'm in the game right now, I'd just sell or scrap them all anyway.

Should you want to offer an XRM "compatibility" patch, though, let me know: I could add the remaining classes too and upload the libs.
Not that it's really needed, there where no more than 3 or 4 rogue entries in total, so it's highly unlikely they'd spawn, and they'd be harmless anyway.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 04:06

Kadatherion wrote:Not that it's really needed, there where no more than 3 or 4 rogue entries in total, so it's highly unlikely they'd spawn, and they'd be harmless anyway.
That is good news for players who want to use ASS-AP with XRM. Thank you for the report.

As for the lists, I will say again that I made them the way they are intentionally.
  • While I see some value in making ASS work with any mod, I don't care specifically about XRM, one way or the other. If you want to post an XRM patch, that's fine by me, but don't do it *for* me because I don't play XRM.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 04:24

DrBullwinkle wrote:
  • While I see some value in making ASS work with any mod, I don't care specifically about XRM, one way or the other. If you want to post an XRM patch, that's fine by me, but don't do it *for* me because I don't play XRM.
Ok, no prob then, I'll keep it as the usual private "hack". I wouldn't be able to guarantee long term support anyway in case I slipped a typo in or if a future XRM update breaks something (this week I'm playing, next week who knows), and if you don't use XRM you can't for sure be bothered with possible bug reports coming from people who use a different version. :wink:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 04:36

Yeah, I think the real long-term solution is to make it work independently of mods.
  • I may get around to doing that someday, but don't hold your breath. ;)

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 01:01

I've just claimed Mammoth and Mistral Super. They both have something in their cargos "jewels and d-something". What's the deal with them if i may ask?.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 01:05

I don't know. I assume you are not playing in English? Can you find the ware in the Encyclopedia?

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 00:35

Sorry for the resurrection, but I got an A.S.S.-spawned khaak corvette and it isn't claimable.
I checked for a pilot, but it has none (as intended I guess).
Might just leave it for now...

Anyway, here's a screenie:
http://i.imgur.com/QuA0BZg.jpg

Edit:
It turned hostile after I shot it with my repairlaser and vaporized me with its two beta kyons :lol:

I think I will go to bed now...

oversized image tags removed as per forum rules - Ketraar
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 00:51

Yeah, Kha'ak capital ships are neither claimable nor boardable.

As you noticed, ships not owned by you do not like being shot at ... not even with a Repair Laser. ;)

If you want to cheat to own the Corvette, then Salvage Claim Software can claim it for you.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 08:50

Well, since I had to reload the last save due to being an overtired dumbnut for bringing an empty bag of gum to a gunfight :shock:, I guess I won't reclaim that corvette.
Even more so because it took him about a whole minute so start moving and turning around to face me, and he DID fire his weapons 2 or 3 times while doing so. And I was just like "Oooooo, let's see what happens when he turned around".
Guess Darwin has a point after all :lol:

But I'll use the Salvage Claim Software if I ever happen to trip over another one :wink:
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 15. Apr 14, 13:57

Yeah, it would a tough fight to take on a Kha'ak Corvette while in your space suit. :o

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Mon, 19. May 14, 21:52

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Does this work for AP? I followed that link, downloaded the script, tried to install via PM but got an error saying it was for TC, not AP. It looked like it has the option to try to install anyways... Should I try that? Could it cause unintended issues?

Great Script/Mod. I love it.

PS: First ship I found was a Zephyrus TM with 9% hull. Even fairly skilled marines blew it up every time trying to board. Finally got Cycrow's Cheats and just took it over that way. That Corvette above with 0% hull should be interesting...
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 20. May 14, 18:29

Tiedyeguy wrote:
DrBullwinkle wrote:
Does this work for AP?
Yes.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 17:10

Hey Doc,
I noticed these Grax.Repair. scripts which give the ability to command a ship to repair other damaged ships.
Question:

Why does this come along with the ASS spawner?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 2. Jun 14, 17:13

It is there to work with the Repair Lasers that were intended to spawn with some ships. (I am not certain that the Repair Lasers are spawning as intended.)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”