trading broken in 1.17

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jack Murdoch

Post by Jack Murdoch » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:54

That is it I guess. No use playing until trading is fixed since it is a rather important aspect of the game.

Loran_69
x4

Post by Loran_69 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:12

I'm glad to know Egosoft team is working hard to fix all those problems. You will deserve some hollidays after this ;)

I don't do trading. I'm just playing a Free play exploring this amazing space universe and grabbing some mercenary missions to train my fighting skills ;) When I'll saw a bunch of "IT WORK! :)" threads I'll jump more seriously in the Sim.

Thanks for your work Guys, good luck! :)

TSU Wolfbyte
x4

Post by TSU Wolfbyte » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:16

CBJ wrote:I think maybe you misunderstood me slightly. We are working on several different things for the next patch, all of them important, and trading is one of those. Pushing it above the other items that also need to be in that patch in terms of priority wouldn't get it done any sooner because different people are working on the different issues. :)
I think we get that Egosoft are working hard to fix a new product. However, given the state of said new product (i.e. Not working for a good chunk of those who have paid quite a lot of money for said product), I don't think people would be adverse to a hotfix for this one issue so they can try and continue playing while Egosoft work on more patches and fixes to keep people's games running. As things stand, right now, a critical element of the game - Trade, is all but impossible for many of us. Considering that it's at the core of the game (Trade, Build, Fight, Think), it needs to be a high priority..

That's the sense that I'm getting, anyway.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:31

Again, I think you may have misunderstood somewhat. We're not sitting on a solution for the trade problems people are encountering while we wait for other things to be solved. We are working on the solution now, and at the same time working on solutions to a number of other high priority problems. We will get them out to people as soon as we can.

Pendraco
x4

Post by Pendraco » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:46

CBJ wrote:Again, I think you may have misunderstood somewhat. We're not sitting on a solution for the trade problems people are encountering while we wait for other things to be solved. We are working on the solution now, and at the same time working on solutions to a number of other high priority problems. We will get them out to people as soon as we can.
I hope you guys have plenty of Coffee and snacks to keep you going! I have several Fedhelm Captains anxious to unload they're holds and continue they're adventures!

Thanks guys!

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 18:01

CBJ wrote:Again, I think you may have misunderstood somewhat. We're not sitting on a solution for the trade problems people are encountering while we wait for other things to be solved. We are working on the solution now, and at the same time working on solutions to a number of other high priority problems. We will get them out to people as soon as we can.
whole problem is you had been asked to ALLOW those who want play from start or from 1.15 savegame, USE 1.15 version, which seems did not have such trade problems(I never experienced any trade problem there (10 trades made)), and even not crashed for me(and several other players),

and because YOU decision not to allow, weekend was lost to many players who could accept this condition while your team looking way to fix trade bug without broking whole universe economy.

P.S.

you should also think about that there is other way to get 1.15, but they don't looks good.

yes we made mistake in to believe your team that 1.16 fix something usefull, if we did not - we just would disabled steam updates.

P.S.2. seems like you also was wrong about video memory
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 87#4250087

juju1111

Post by juju1111 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:01

Sorry but if the trade bug has a fix, this should be hotfixed asap, this has been the biggest game breaking issue so far, I could live with crash and intro movie hiccups. Broken economy = no use to play this game.

TSU Wolfbyte
x4

Post by TSU Wolfbyte » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:02

No, I'm not misunderstanding you, I think it's you who's mis-interpreting what's being said (which seems to happen a lot around here these days).

We know you're not sitting on a solution - this is not news. However, Egosoft has created a product that is currently unplayable for a large portion of those who have bought and paid for said product. Egosoft is accountable for a non-functional product. In almost ANY other industry, we'd be entitled to a refund or replacement (the latter, I know isn't a viable option) - we're not getting a refund so we want the next best thing - a working product. I don't care of Egosoft has to soft-code invisible drones moving from station to ship, using the principle of a transporter beam and progress indicator or if a great long pipe extends from the station, connects with the freighter and transports freight that way (and I don't get why that couldn't have been done in the first place - a topic for another time, perhaps), we NEED a hotfix most urgently for a product that is completely broken and no where near functions as intended. Egosoft are the coders, we're the community and we're not paying Egosoft for the honour of paying your (no one specific) wages for no gain.

A hotfix needs to be worked on and thrown out to correct the immediate issue because:

(a) You're loosing more good faith every day people can't even use the product - and Egosoft have lost a lot of that already
(b) You've got a product which isn't fit for it's purpose and is most certainly not as advertised. Trade, Build, Fight, Think.. Can't trade, can't build (because we can't trade) - so this is me, thinking and Egosoft fighting (see what I did there?)..
(c) Is going to destroy what's left of the X Franchise through reputation

The alternative is to start refunding people's purchases and take the game off the shelf and back into development. 7 years clearly wasn't enough time to get a core game working.

Any of the above solutions would be a viable alternative. It doesn't need to be permanant - just a "for now" fix that get's this portion of the game running..

That's about all I have to say on the matter - take this for what it is - feedback. I don't often speak up - but when I do, it's often worth taking note.

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:09

TSU Wolfbyte wrote:
No, I'm not misunderstanding you, I think it's you who's mis-interpreting what's being said (which seems to happen a lot around here these days).

We know you're not sitting on a solution - this is not news. However, Egosoft has created a product that is currently unplayable for a large portion of those who have bought and paid for said product. Egosoft is accountable for a non-functional product. In almost ANY other industry, we'd be entitled to a refund or replacement (the latter, I know isn't a viable option) - we're not getting a refund so we want the next best thing - a working product. I don't care of Egosoft has to soft-code invisible drones moving from station to ship, using the principle of a transporter beam and progress indicator or if a great long pipe extends from the station, connects with the freighter and transports freight that way (and I don't get why that couldn't have been done in the first place - a topic for another time, perhaps), we NEED a hotfix most urgently for a product that is completely broken and no where near functions as intended. Egosoft are the coders, we're the community and we're not paying Egosoft for the honour of paying your (no one specific) wages for no gain.

A hotfix needs to be worked on and thrown out to correct the immediate issue because:

(a) You're loosing more good faith every day people can't even use the product - and Egosoft have lost a lot of that already
(b) You've got a product which isn't fit for it's purpose and is most certainly not as advertised. Trade, Build, Fight, Think.. Can't trade, can't build (because we can't trade) - so this is me, thinking and Egosoft fighting (see what I did there?)..
(c) Is going to destroy what's left of the X Franchise through reputation

The alternative is to start refunding people's purchases and take the game off the shelf and back into development. 7 years clearly wasn't enough time to get a core game working.

Any of the above solutions would be a viable alternative. It doesn't need to be permanant - just a "for now" fix that get's this portion of the game running..

That's about all I have to say on the matter - take this for what it is - feedback. I don't often speak up - but when I do, it's often worth taking note.
They have said they are working on the problems. :roll:

Harag
x4

Post by Harag » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:10

CBJ wrote:Just to reassure people, we are well aware of the situation with regard to trading and it is, of course, among our top priorities to fix the problems many people are encountering with it. We can't give an exact ETA yet, but we're aiming for days rather than weeks.
Rather than hiding this response in a thread, wouldn't it be better to have an announcement at the top for everyone to view

All we want to know is to know that you know about it and that it's being fixed and some sort of ETA. Keep us informed please. I could be sitting here for the next hour expecting a patch when I could load up X:AP and play that tonight instead.

Harag
x4

Post by Harag » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:13

CBJ wrote:I think maybe you misunderstood me slightly. We are working on several different things for the next patch, all of them important, and trading is one of those. Pushing it above the other items that also need to be in that patch in terms of priority wouldn't get it done any sooner because different people are working on the different issues. :)
How about updating your Patch thread and put in a bit at the bottom that says "WORKING ON FOR NEXT PATCH" section... ?

snwboardn21
x4

Post by snwboardn21 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:26

Harag wrote:
How about updating your Patch thread and put in a bit at the bottom that says "WORKING ON FOR NEXT PATCH" section... ?
I have to agree CBJ... I know you guys are working hard but putting info in the bottom of a random post should be in a sticky with an updated on today's date.

A lot of people are asking the same questions over and over.
"It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:54

CBJ wrote:Just to reassure people, we are well aware of the situation with regard to trading and it is, of course, among our top priorities to fix the problems many people are encountering with it. We can't give an exact ETA yet, but we're aiming for days rather than weeks.
Thanks for the response CBJ. Unfortunately for me it brings more questions than answers. Right now the game is unplayable. Lets call it broken. Weeks would be completely unacceptable. Any game being down and unusable for a few weeks probably makes it to the major news sites.

So, im very glad you're aiming for days. Although i find it a bit disappointing to not be able to play a game I bought for several days. The problems started on saturday, it's now monday, with an eta of 'days'. Thats quite a long time for a major game title to be down.

ACS

Post by ACS » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:37

1.16 was not fine you people just did not notice 1.16 was broke 1.17 attempted to fix the highway and the trade but 1.16 is when the economy broke.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:10

corbosman wrote:
Thanks for the response CBJ. Unfortunately for me it brings more questions than answers. Right now the game is unplayable. Lets call it broken. Weeks would be completely unacceptable. Any game being down and unusable for a few weeks probably makes it to the major news sites.

So, im very glad you're aiming for days. Although i find it a bit disappointing to not be able to play a game I bought for several days. The problems started on saturday, it's now monday, with an eta of 'days'. Thats quite a long time for a major game title to be down.
Have you never heard of "Time Off"? The laws in Europe are a bit stronger when it comes to the number of hours some one can work. There are limits. Also these people have families that would like to see them. So asking them to work through the weekend just to sate your need to play a game is silly.

JamesJB
x4

Post by JamesJB » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:38

Man I really wish more game companies were this dedicated to there game Like Egosoft is to X Rebirth.

Seems the others once the game is out they might patch it once or twice an then they disappear.

This is why I like Egosoft so much,they never give up :P

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:47

[quote="SyberSmoke"][quote="corbosman"][quote="CBJ"]Just to reassure people, we are well aware of the situation with regard to trading and it is, of course, among our top priorities to fix the problems many people are encountering with it. We can't give an exact ETA yet, but we're aiming for days rather than weeks.[/quote]

So, im very glad you're aiming for days. Although i find it a bit disappointing to not be able to play a game I bought for several days. The problems started on saturday, it's now monday, with an eta of 'days'. Thats quite a long time for a major game title to be down.[/quote]

Have you never heard of "Time Off"? The laws in Europe are a bit stronger when it comes to the number of hours some one can work. There are limits. Also these people have families that would like to see them. So asking them to work through the weekend just to sate your need to play a game is silly.[/quote]

So because Europe insists on being civilized and decent I have to wait days for my digital stuff to work :(

:D

lasmori
x3tc

Post by lasmori » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 22:55

TSU Wolfbyte wrote:A hotfix needs to be worked on and thrown out to correct the immediate issue because...
For a hotfix to be created someone has to:
1) Review bug reports
2) Replicate the bug locally
3) Figure out what part of the code is actually *causing* the problem
4) Implement a fix
5) Test it so that they know their fix is actually addressing the problem without causing another one.

This takes time. Demanding it happen sooner doesn't actually... make it happen sooner. CBJ is basically saying "Yes, we are doing this already".

There will likely continue to be trade issues over the next several weeks, but hopefully the issues will progressively become less game breaking as they continue to work on it. The last several hotfixes have incrementally fixed various problems with the trade code. The next several will be doing the same.

lasmori
x3tc

Post by lasmori » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 23:13

dmk wrote:whole problem is you had been asked to ALLOW those who want play from start or from 1.15 savegame, USE 1.15 version, which seems did not have such trade problems(I never experienced any trade problem there (10 trades made)), and even not crashed for me(and several other players)
1.15 most certainly had issues with trade. Part of the problem is that there hasn't just been "one" trade issue, but quite a few. Some times one bug prevents the symptoms of another bug from showing and it's not until the first bug was fixed that the other bug presents itself. Some times the fix for a bug causes an unexpected problem.

On crashing... 1.15 is the first and only version I had any crashing with. In fact, I couldn't play more than 40 minutes on that version without a crash. You may have been doing alright, but they are trying to prioritize for their entire player base as a whole.

Logistically, rolling back to a previous version isn't exactly straight forward. There have been game data changes between versions... which means that even if they removed the restriction and let you play a newer save on an older version, you risk running into problems.

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 23:24

Have you never heard of "Time Off"? The laws in Europe are a bit stronger when it comes to the number of hours some one can work. There are limits. Also these people have families that would like to see them. So asking them to work through the weekend just to sate your need to play a game is silly.
I didnt say anyone had to work in the weekends. Well, except for the PR person, who I think should have said something much earlier. But I am disappointed that this game is unplayable for several days, especially around release time.

Im sure you are as forgiving to your internet provider when your link is down and you cant reach this forum for 5 days :)

Regards (someone that works for an internet provider).

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”