trading broken in 1.17

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xandicar
x4

Post by xandicar » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:36

Regretful trading stopped working after some successful ones did happen and gave me hope it was solved. The small bonus container ship did work already and still does it job. Doing all kind of smaller container jobs.

So I finally came around to outfit my two freighters with cargo lifters and gave them 50 per ship> I hoped that transport would be 'faster' and reduce waiting times.
The first couple of trades did work fine for me and then I increased to larger quantities and they did meet at the same location.
One was unloading wheat (bulk) and the other was loading food rations. (container) I saw that the both of them had cargo lifters in use and I got confirmation of both captains that they were doing their job. I then flew off to scout for other deals.

It took a while and nothing happened. So I check in remote and still they had cargo lifters in use. The wheat was completely unloaded and the food rations weren't in the cargo hull yet.

I flew back to see the ships in that sector and saw that the container ship was getting attacked by reivers. I shot it down since the ship didn't defend itself. This is strange since it has an experienced defence officer.

I flew off since the quantities were large and I expected that the station was not ready to move the rations and was still processing the received wheat.

Some time later the captain of the container ship reported he was ready. A small amount was taken of my account and he moved to his secondary objective. To my surprise he didnt have any food rations in his cargo bay and he arrived on the secondary objective location and froze. The cargo lifters were still in use, 25 of them. Looks like I lost them. Btw, the ship is damaged by the attack and nothing happens to that either. (?)

The second ship (bulk) is still unloading wheat and having cargo lifters in use.

So I had a good feeling about the last fix, but it seems it didn't repair all flaws.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:47

HammerSun wrote: Too late to find these threads, I've overwrite 1.15 saved game in 1.17.
Trade broken can be wait, BUT i've ordered my Taranis install missiles(For 2 Astrobee Launchers), and the ship stuck in the shipyard.
Any idea to let the ship out? I've several ships waiting to repair...
I have 150 saves for now :)
but I was talking about fixing savegame if they do fix engine,
i.e. abort all trade operaion, kill all drones, give them new one, clear ships cargo if need, return ships to ai control as new one.

may be shipyard did not have these Launchers?
sell it to him (transfer by transport).

XPeriMeNTsp5

Post by XPeriMeNTsp5 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:01

And everything works like steam engine for me. The problem I found is that ships not following queue after completing the task. But this easily fixing by remove\add to squad.

P.S. Don't know if it matters but I always follow my trade ships and watch they do their job.

OrionSnake
x4

Post by OrionSnake » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:05

Until they fix this, I am trading by docking at the freighter and then issue trade commands from the hangar. The drones didn't get "stuck" when I do it this way.

It seems to me that you have to be in the same zone as the freighter when the trade takes place (either in the hangar or in the skunk after the freighter reach its destination to unload/load cargo).

HammerSun
x4

Post by HammerSun » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:23

dmk wrote:
HammerSun wrote: Too late to find these threads, I've overwrite 1.15 saved game in 1.17.
Trade broken can be wait, BUT i've ordered my Taranis install missiles(For 2 Astrobee Launchers), and the ship stuck in the shipyard.
Any idea to let the ship out? I've several ships waiting to repair...
I have 150 saves for now :)
but I was talking about fixing savegame if they do fix engine,
i.e. abort all trade operaion, kill all drones, give them new one, clear ships cargo if need, return ships to ai control as new one.

may be shipyard did not have these Launchers?
sell it to him (transfer by transport).
The shipyard strored over 700 Astrobee missiles and i've only ordered 40.
This didn't happened in 1.15, I think maybe have some connection with 1.17's trade broken problem.
Anyway, thanks for respond.

Central
x4

Post by Central » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:26

csaba wrote:Why did they even touch it again after it was working.???? :cry:
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/11/fixing_bu ... -97662.gif

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:46

Central wrote:
omg roflmao :lol:

i guess they are not working with different builds of the game (branch)..
maybe someone was working on trade and had not finished yet... who knows....

xandicar
x4

Post by xandicar » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 09:32

xandicar wrote:Regretful trading stopped working after some successful ones did happen and gave me hope it was solved. The small bonus container ship did work already and still does it job. Doing all kind of smaller container jobs.

So I finally came around to outfit my two freighters with cargo lifters and gave them 50 per ship> I hoped that transport would be 'faster' and reduce waiting times.
The first couple of trades did work fine for me and then I increased to larger quantities and they did meet at the same location.
One was unloading wheat (bulk) and the other was loading food rations. (container) I saw that the both of them had cargo lifters in use and I got confirmation of both captains that they were doing their job. I then flew off to scout for other deals.

It took a while and nothing happened. So I check in remote and still they had cargo lifters in use. The wheat was completely unloaded and the food rations weren't in the cargo hull yet.

I flew back to see the ships in that sector and saw that the container ship was getting attacked by reivers. I shot it down since the ship didn't defend itself. This is strange since it has an experienced defence officer.

I flew off since the quantities were large and I expected that the station was not ready to move the rations and was still processing the received wheat.

Some time later the captain of the container ship reported he was ready. A small amount was taken of my account and he moved to his secondary objective. To my surprise he didnt have any food rations in his cargo bay and he arrived on the secondary objective location and froze. The cargo lifters were still in use, 25 of them. Looks like I lost them. Btw, the ship is damaged by the attack and nothing happens to that either. (?)

The second ship (bulk) is still unloading wheat and having cargo lifters in use.

So I had a good feeling about the last fix, but it seems it didn't repair all flaws.
I did some extra testing and went back to some previous saves.

I noticed that my cargo lifters get stuck in the food ration production facility in Gushing Springs. Perhaps something is wrong with the coding of this structure since I got stuck in this facility with the Skunk too. I have seen the cargo lifters working fine in other deals and facilities. The only two common things I see are; that it happens in Gushing Springs and that two freighters are there at the same time.

Btw the small bonus ship has no problems and is trading all the things it has in its order list. Give me more of those and I get de Vries up and running in no time.

Dread Quixadhal
x4

Post by Dread Quixadhal » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 09:51

jojorne wrote:
Central wrote:
omg roflmao :lol:

i guess they are not working with different builds of the game (branch)..
maybe someone was working on trade and had not finished yet... who knows....
Development is a tricky process when you have more than one person on your team. Typically, you're using some kind of source control system where you "check out" copies of the code, work on them, and "check in" the modified versions.

The fun part happens when a half dozen people are all doing this at once, and end up getting different versions of code that they aren't directly working on, but which have an impact on what they're doing.

There are lots of ways around this, but they all involve spending extra time and discipline, which tend to be in scarce supply when your publisher is screaming at your boss, and he's passing that message along to the devs. :)

piep
x4

Post by piep » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 10:53

I've noticed this standstill of traders too. At least in Albion.

I went yesterday for a trip around and found several traders (rahanas) being motionless.

Here are some screenshots of what I mean:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

This is with the version 1.17 at Gemstone manufacture sector (Albion system). Those traders in the screenshot are food freighters from wholesome food corporation. I must say that not all ships are at stillstand, but there are several worth mentioning. Some are just as mentioned above stuck at stations, others are just motionless in the space. I've seen some miner ships doing nothing too.

Not sure if this is really a bug or just some kind of a standby function due to economy still bulding up (aka logistics waiting for economy to rise).

Bady89

Post by Bady89 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 11:14

Ship stacking is a zero day bug

Ships don´t Load / Unload (missing drones?!) is a new 1.17 bug.

Can agree , trade works well from 1.10 - 1.16.
1.17 > everything goes to hell.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Überzeugter Spaceweed Spediteur seit 1999
Meine DxDiag
Core i5 760
GTX 560TI
8 GB RAM
Raid 0 HDD,s
Win7 64bit

nnex
x4

Post by nnex » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 11:59

My current hypothesis is that drones getting stuck is a problem that dates back to the release version but Egosoft changed how they are beeing handled after "successful" trading.

In 1.16 and earlier the drones just got marked as "unavailable" but the tradeships continued trading until all they had no more drones to spare. (Usually this involves several trades since each trade will only freeze ~1-2 drones).

In 1.17 tradeships seem to wait for all their cargolifter drones to return. Since drones like to get unresponsive (all URV's not only cargolifters) every trade involving stuck drones will lead to an unresponsive tradeship.

So every version will lead to the "pile of ships" but in 1.17 it will just appear a lot faster.

When my tradeships start a trade they complete it up to the point when they should be leaving (all wares are bought / sold, the captains credits change accordingly). Currently I am unsure why the wares are still beeing fully exchanged even if some drones fail to dock with my ship correctly. Visually i could not find the stuck drones but some players reported cargolifters getting stuck inside the tradeships.

Please prove me wrong if you made other observations.

I hope Egosoft will release a simple workaround (like resetting cargolifters after all wares where sold / bought) so that we can continue playing until they fix the generall drone problems.

Sorry for my English - as you may have guessed i am not a native speaker. Maybe thats why I like some parts of the voice-"acting" in XR. Reminds me of reading excercises in english classes.

Bady89

Post by Bady89 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 12:12

nnex wrote:
I hope Egosoft will release a simple workaround (like resetting cargolifters after all wares where sold / bought) so that we can continue playing until they fix the generall drone problems.
A simple workaround ?!

For many player it could be too late for a simple Workaround.
If your economy crash , you can only load an old savegame or restart the whole game.

The best thing you could do in my opinion , don´t start the game ...
Playing until is not fixed , will affect you´re economy more and more.
Überzeugter Spaceweed Spediteur seit 1999
Meine DxDiag
Core i5 760
GTX 560TI
8 GB RAM
Raid 0 HDD,s
Win7 64bit

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 13:50

Basically the game is unplayable now, but not a peep from Egosoft. I wonder if this is because they're trying to desperately figure out if they can salvage the current state of the save games. Having to tell all your players that they need to start over is kind of a doom scenario I would guess.

Rupert Hound
x4

Post by Rupert Hound » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 15:42

corbosman wrote:Basically the game is unplayable now, but not a peep from Egosoft. I wonder if this is because they're trying to desperately figure out if they can salvage the current state of the save games. Having to tell all your players that they need to start over is kind of a doom scenario I would guess.
and having a game that no one can play isnt, i wouldnt mind starting again if it ment i could actually play. I was hoping for a 1.18 patch today, clearly Egosoft dont belive the fact no one can play to be a problem.

loftethered_2000
x3ap

Post by loftethered_2000 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 15:45

I have also seen a few threads with people claiming trading is ok, which boggles the mind.
Since the patch release on Saturday 1.17 which stopped most of the crashing I have not been a party to or seen a single successful trade in game.......

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:03

Just to reassure people, we are well aware of the situation with regard to trading and it is, of course, among our top priorities to fix the problems many people are encountering with it. We can't give an exact ETA yet, but we're aiming for days rather than weeks.

FuzzyLogic
x4

Post by FuzzyLogic » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:13

Personally I would love to see this issue at the number one spot of the priorities since the current gridlock of the economy makes the universe feel dead.
But thats just from the point of view of someone who has been able to actually play and enjoy the game so far. So I can understand that there might be things that take a higher priority.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:24

I think maybe you misunderstood me slightly. We are working on several different things for the next patch, all of them important, and trading is one of those. Pushing it above the other items that also need to be in that patch in terms of priority wouldn't get it done any sooner because different people are working on the different issues. :)

FuzzyLogic
x4

Post by FuzzyLogic » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:35

No worries. Not really a misunderstanding but rather me expressing my personal preference :)
And I wouldn't expect most of you guys to stand back while the trade dev team fixes their issues. Then the fight dev team getting its turn...
Just imagining a car racing team working like that makes me :lol:

Either way good luck in getting things fixed up. 105 hours played and counting.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”