trading broken in 1.17

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bady89

Post by Bady89 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 12:14

Ship stacking is a zero day bug

Ships don´t Load / Unload (missing drones?!) is a new 1.17 bug.

Can agree , trade works well from 1.10 - 1.16.
1.17 > everything goes to hell.

Überzeugter Spaceweed Spediteur seit 1999
Meine DxDiag
Core i5 760
GTX 560TI
8 GB RAM
Raid 0 HDD,s
Win7 64bit

nnex
xr

Post by nnex » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 12:59

My current hypothesis is that drones getting stuck is a problem that dates back to the release version but Egosoft changed how they are beeing handled after "successful" trading.

In 1.16 and earlier the drones just got marked as "unavailable" but the tradeships continued trading until all they had no more drones to spare. (Usually this involves several trades since each trade will only freeze ~1-2 drones).

In 1.17 tradeships seem to wait for all their cargolifter drones to return. Since drones like to get unresponsive (all URV's not only cargolifters) every trade involving stuck drones will lead to an unresponsive tradeship.

So every version will lead to the "pile of ships" but in 1.17 it will just appear a lot faster.

When my tradeships start a trade they complete it up to the point when they should be leaving (all wares are bought / sold, the captains credits change accordingly). Currently I am unsure why the wares are still beeing fully exchanged even if some drones fail to dock with my ship correctly. Visually i could not find the stuck drones but some players reported cargolifters getting stuck inside the tradeships.

Please prove me wrong if you made other observations.

I hope Egosoft will release a simple workaround (like resetting cargolifters after all wares where sold / bought) so that we can continue playing until they fix the generall drone problems.

Sorry for my English - as you may have guessed i am not a native speaker. Maybe thats why I like some parts of the voice-"acting" in XR. Reminds me of reading excercises in english classes.

Bady89

Post by Bady89 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 13:12

nnex wrote:
I hope Egosoft will release a simple workaround (like resetting cargolifters after all wares where sold / bought) so that we can continue playing until they fix the generall drone problems.
A simple workaround ?!

For many player it could be too late for a simple Workaround.
If your economy crash , you can only load an old savegame or restart the whole game.

The best thing you could do in my opinion , don´t start the game ...
Playing until is not fixed , will affect you´re economy more and more.
Überzeugter Spaceweed Spediteur seit 1999
Meine DxDiag
Core i5 760
GTX 560TI
8 GB RAM
Raid 0 HDD,s
Win7 64bit

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 14:50

Basically the game is unplayable now, but not a peep from Egosoft. I wonder if this is because they're trying to desperately figure out if they can salvage the current state of the save games. Having to tell all your players that they need to start over is kind of a doom scenario I would guess.

Rupert Hound
x4

Post by Rupert Hound » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:42

corbosman wrote:Basically the game is unplayable now, but not a peep from Egosoft. I wonder if this is because they're trying to desperately figure out if they can salvage the current state of the save games. Having to tell all your players that they need to start over is kind of a doom scenario I would guess.
and having a game that no one can play isnt, i wouldnt mind starting again if it ment i could actually play. I was hoping for a 1.18 patch today, clearly Egosoft dont belive the fact no one can play to be a problem.

loftethered_2000
x3ap

Post by loftethered_2000 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:45

I have also seen a few threads with people claiming trading is ok, which boggles the mind.
Since the patch release on Saturday 1.17 which stopped most of the crashing I have not been a party to or seen a single successful trade in game.......

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:03

Just to reassure people, we are well aware of the situation with regard to trading and it is, of course, among our top priorities to fix the problems many people are encountering with it. We can't give an exact ETA yet, but we're aiming for days rather than weeks.

FuzzyLogic
x4

Post by FuzzyLogic » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:13

Personally I would love to see this issue at the number one spot of the priorities since the current gridlock of the economy makes the universe feel dead.
But thats just from the point of view of someone who has been able to actually play and enjoy the game so far. So I can understand that there might be things that take a higher priority.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:24

I think maybe you misunderstood me slightly. We are working on several different things for the next patch, all of them important, and trading is one of those. Pushing it above the other items that also need to be in that patch in terms of priority wouldn't get it done any sooner because different people are working on the different issues. :)

FuzzyLogic
x4

Post by FuzzyLogic » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:35

No worries. Not really a misunderstanding but rather me expressing my personal preference :)
And I wouldn't expect most of you guys to stand back while the trade dev team fixes their issues. Then the fight dev team getting its turn...
Just imagining a car racing team working like that makes me :lol:

Either way good luck in getting things fixed up. 105 hours played and counting.

Jack Murdoch

Post by Jack Murdoch » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:54

That is it I guess. No use playing until trading is fixed since it is a rather important aspect of the game.

Loran_69
x4

Post by Loran_69 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 18:12

I'm glad to know Egosoft team is working hard to fix all those problems. You will deserve some hollidays after this ;)

I don't do trading. I'm just playing a Free play exploring this amazing space universe and grabbing some mercenary missions to train my fighting skills ;) When I'll saw a bunch of "IT WORK! :)" threads I'll jump more seriously in the Sim.

Thanks for your work Guys, good luck! :)

TSU Wolfbyte
x3ap

Post by TSU Wolfbyte » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 18:16

CBJ wrote:I think maybe you misunderstood me slightly. We are working on several different things for the next patch, all of them important, and trading is one of those. Pushing it above the other items that also need to be in that patch in terms of priority wouldn't get it done any sooner because different people are working on the different issues. :)
I think we get that Egosoft are working hard to fix a new product. However, given the state of said new product (i.e. Not working for a good chunk of those who have paid quite a lot of money for said product), I don't think people would be adverse to a hotfix for this one issue so they can try and continue playing while Egosoft work on more patches and fixes to keep people's games running. As things stand, right now, a critical element of the game - Trade, is all but impossible for many of us. Considering that it's at the core of the game (Trade, Build, Fight, Think), it needs to be a high priority..

That's the sense that I'm getting, anyway.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 18:31

Again, I think you may have misunderstood somewhat. We're not sitting on a solution for the trade problems people are encountering while we wait for other things to be solved. We are working on the solution now, and at the same time working on solutions to a number of other high priority problems. We will get them out to people as soon as we can.

Pendraco
x3tc

Post by Pendraco » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 18:46

CBJ wrote:Again, I think you may have misunderstood somewhat. We're not sitting on a solution for the trade problems people are encountering while we wait for other things to be solved. We are working on the solution now, and at the same time working on solutions to a number of other high priority problems. We will get them out to people as soon as we can.
I hope you guys have plenty of Coffee and snacks to keep you going! I have several Fedhelm Captains anxious to unload they're holds and continue they're adventures!

Thanks guys!

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”