[Mod] Now shut up, Yisha!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ioae

[Mod] Now shut up, Yisha!

Post by ioae » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:33

This mod simply removes the stupid comment for betty to shut up. Yisha doesn't say anymore. Thank bejeesus.

Install by moving the folder into your extensions folder in the X-Rebirth root folder. So your file structure would be X-Rebirth/extensions/nowshutup_yisha.

Enjoy! If for some reason it does not work, just let me know. :) But it should. And my game didn't crash running it.

[Edit 2] I've reuploaded my file that addresses the files brought up by nifter. Yisha should still shut up, but it doesn't affect betty in other ways now. :)
[Edit 3] These are now essentially the same downloads. You can choose between either author. I've edited mine to reflect the changes Nifter made after taking the time to understand XML patching. So yeah, they're the same, but they both do the job of removing that nasty comment to dear old betty.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8fcbw ... _yisha.rar

Nifter also created a plugin of the same sort that does not mess with your notifications.xml file. feel free to use either! I'll make sure to update my version as the patches come out. :)

Nifters version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l968d ... pYisha.zip
Last edited by ioae on Sun, 17. Nov 13, 02:07, edited 3 times in total.

Nifter

Post by Nifter » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:41

That mod will potentially break things in the future because it will overwrite the Notifications.xml file completely. So if Egosoft fixes other things, the users of this mod will end up using the old version.

Also, you removed the functionality that actually reduces how much Betty speaks.

I wrote my own mod that only removes the speak command issued to Yisha. This should be compatible with any updates that Egosoft does because it only removes a single specific line.

Same installation procedure. Drop the folder from the zip into the ".../X Rebirth/extensions" folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l968d ... pYisha.zip
Last edited by Nifter on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:41

Thank you very much!

Betty deserves more respect after all these years...

ioae

Post by ioae » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:44

True, Nifter, it does overwrite the notifications .xml

This was really just a fix for now. And it can always be updated with new patches. I'll update the main post to include your version as well. :)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:04

I have a couple of comments if I may:

Nifter is using the correct procedure for making this change by using the xml diff patch method.

We can also merge new entries, but we generally should not include the entire vanilla entries in our mod file because this will have strange results due to multiple entries referring to the same ID's. I explain some of these things in my tutorial.

Good job guys!

ioae

Post by ioae » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:09

If I had known about the diff patch method, I certainly would have used it. That makes a lot of sense. :) Thanks, Observe.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:12

ioae wrote:If I had known about the diff patch method, I certainly would have used it. That makes a lot of sense. :) Thanks, Observe.
Like I said. Good job joae! You are on the same path we are all on - opening up the hood and seeing what does what. :)

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:17

I was looking for an airlock to push yisha out off but you just saved her Thanks alot
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

ioae

Post by ioae » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 02:08

So they're both the same file now, essentially, except the credits are different. I went back through, recreated the XML after reading up on the patching process here , and ended up with pretty much a carbon copy of nifters. So there you go! :)

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:57

I notice Nifter uses content ID "1.0" in his contents.xml, same as some others on here.

I read elsewhere that content IDs should be unique.

What is the correct practice to use there? Is it enough to make sure all extensions have unique IDs, or are there other vanilla ID ranges that should be off limits?

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:42

i noticed that after a while the computer saying for each ship:
"Dock location added to ship database."

Yisha said "Shut up, Betty!" and the computer never said that again...

guess this is the way to tell the player that message will now not be said ever again.
so... if that is true eventually she will stop saying that cuz there is no more message to remove.

makes sense, so in my opinion I see no sense in mods to remove her comment. i even think it's funny tho lol

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 02:57

I would rather have a more verbose computer and a silent Yisha.

Like in X3 when the computer says things like: "Now entering... ASTEROID".

I love it :)

KhaakSucker
x4

Post by KhaakSucker » Mon, 1. Sep 14, 21:36

Cargo bay now contains... ASTEROID

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”