[MOD] No Fog V0.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

enenra
x4

[MOD] No Fog V0.2

Post by enenra » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:38

No Fog
V0.2
by enenra

Removes all fog* from the game.

*the nebulae that you see in some zones.

Note that it is still there, but invisible, so you will still be able to harvest it.

Installation:
Place the extracted folder in your Steam\SteamApps\common\x_rebirth\extensions\-folder (create one if it doesn't exist yet). Then make sure when you launch the game that the extension is enabled.

[ external image ]
Last edited by enenra on Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:22

Works good. The grey veil is no big deal to me. I see it as background dust making space seem fogged, but way off in the distance. I like it.

Brachra
x4

Post by Brachra » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:36

does this by chance have any positive effect on performance?
Amd Phenom II X4 965 Black edition OC@ 4.0Ghz
GeForce 760GTX 2Gb Oc
8GB RAM
500GB HD

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:09

Brachra wrote:does this by chance have any positive effect on performance?
It might have, yes.

Nebucatnetzer

Post by Nebucatnetzer » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:06

I had to restart the campaign because of a bug.
When I arrived in the area where you meet with the "heart of albion" ship to deliver the women I noticed that you could see all the way to the ship which was hidden in fog before and the background was clear black.

However when you approached the ship and "entered" the fog the background became kind of milky.

This reminded me that in X3 you had those dust/fog clouds as well but could it be that the background didn't become milky?
Maybe that would be an alternative look we could try?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:27

Nebucatnetzer wrote:I had to restart the campaign because of a bug.
When I arrived in the area where you meet with the "heart of albion" ship to deliver the women I noticed that you could see all the way to the ship which was hidden in fog before and the background was clear black.

However when you approached the ship and "entered" the fog the background became kind of milky.

This reminded me that in X3 you had those dust/fog clouds as well but could it be that the background didn't become milky?
Maybe that would be an alternative look we could try?
That milky grey thing is what I mention in my post above. :)
It's probably gonna be wherever there was fog before.

Tom130
x2

Post by Tom130 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:32

THANKS! :D

Nebucatnetzer

Post by Nebucatnetzer » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:33

Yes I know.
But I'm talking about a version with fog but without milky background.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 23:28

Nebucatnetzer wrote:Yes I know.
But I'm talking about a version with fog but without milky background.
As soon as I find what causes it, sure. ;)

Nebucatnetzer

Post by Nebucatnetzer » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 07:11

Thanks, hopefully it works would be nice to have it more X3 looking.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 08:05

Nebulae are defined in region_definitions.xml; looks like the thing causing the gray veil may be 'backgroundfog=true', though that's just a guess.

EDIT: The following code in region_definitions.xml removes the tint and all traces of nebulae from the game:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 
<diff> 
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region_sun']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='nebula_region_icefield']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_01']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_02']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='split_lost_colony_region']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='aqueduct_region']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_005']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_005']/fields/positional" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_013']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_013']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_019']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_020']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_021']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_022']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_023']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_024']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_025']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_026']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_029']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_031']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_032']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_034']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_034']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_035']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_036']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/positional" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_046']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_060']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark_macro']" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark2_macro']" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_078']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_080']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_080']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_087']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_088']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_089']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_090']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_091']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_092']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_092']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_095']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_096']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_105']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_107']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_108']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_108']/fields/positional" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_110']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_114']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_114']/fields/positional" />
</diff>
Since nebula are a gameplay element (they can be harvested for fuel), removing them in this manner may have unexpected consequences, but it'll almost certainly help people whom nebulae are causing poor performance.

It's possible to eliminate the nebulae that have no resources assigned to them and leave the ones that do, but I didn't do that with this code. Also, some things eliminated may have nothing to do with nebulae - the positional ones almost certainly do, but I'm unsure on viewcorrection nodes. I'm not clear on what they do; I just removed them with this test to make sure that I got all possible candidates of that greyness in the background.

Raumkraut93
x3tc

Post by Raumkraut93 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 11:50

When I deactivate your mod, the game tells me my saves are no longer supported version.

In details it says its because of the missing extension nofog.

Help?
"Dies ist alles, was ich über den Krieg weiss: Einer gewinnt, einer verliert
und nichts ist nachher so
wie es vorher war."

"Stellt eure Truppen auf, oh große Generäle,
Der Preis des Sieges übersteigt den Preis der Niederlage."

Thor911

Post by Thor911 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 11:59

Raumkraut93 wrote:When I deactivate your mod, the game tells me my saves are no longer supported version.

In details it says its because of the missing extension nofog.

Help?
You can either go into the save file in a notepad and manually delete the code referencing the extension.

Or you can DL this wonderful Save Editor that lets you delete the extensions.

http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/mods/21//?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 13:15

MutantDwarf wrote:Nebulae are defined in region_definitions.xml; looks like the thing causing the gray veil may be 'backgroundfog=true', though that's just a guess.

EDIT: The following code in region_definitions.xml removes the tint and all traces of nebulae from the game:

<diff> 
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region_sun']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='nebula_region_icefield']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_01']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_02']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='split_lost_colony_region']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='aqueduct_region']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_005']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_005']/fields/positional" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_013']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_013']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_019']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_020']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_021']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_022']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_023']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_024']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_025']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_026']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_029']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_031']/fields" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_032']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_034']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_034']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_035']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_036']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/positional" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_046']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_060']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark_macro']" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark2_macro']" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_078']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_080']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_080']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_087']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_088']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_089']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_090']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_091']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_092']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_092']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_095']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_096']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_105']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_107']/fields/viewcorrection" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_108']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_108']/fields/positional" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_110']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_114']/fields/nebula" />
  <remove sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_114']/fields/positional" />
</diff>
Since nebula are a gameplay element (they can be harvested for fuel), removing them in this manner may have unexpected consequences, but it'll almost certainly help people whom nebulae are causing poor performance.

It's possible to eliminate the nebulae that have no resources assigned to them and leave the ones that do, but I didn't do that with this code. Also, some things eliminated may have nothing to do with nebulae - the positional ones almost certainly do, but I'm unsure on viewcorrection nodes. I'm not clear on what they do; I just removed them with this test to make sure that I got all possible candidates of that greyness in the background.
Awesome, thanks!

Regarding harvesting - the thing I've done is actually removing the bodies (objects) of the nebula from the scene (macro). The nebula elements are still there where they were before. Now depending on how the code is set up, this should still allow ships to harvest the now invisible nebula. I wonder if I just change the tint whether it will still work like that. (if I don't remove all parts of the nebula as you do with your code there)

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:39

Here's an updated region_definitions.xml file (goes under libraries) that only eliminates the 'veil' you see. It actually looks quite nice if you just use this without getting rid of the actual clouds, though of course there's no performance increase.

If you'd like to be able to see that there's a nebula around (since they can still be used for harvesting) you can increase the numbers slightly to get a bit of that 'veil' back.

<diff> 
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ore-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=energy-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ore-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_small_macro']/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_small_macro']/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_macro']/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_macro']/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region_sun']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='test_nebula_region_sun']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='nebula_region_icefield']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='nebula_region_icefield']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_01']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_01']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_02']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_struct_buildtree_ol_laboratory_02']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='split_lost_colony_region']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='split_lost_colony_region']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='aqueduct_region']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='aqueduct_region']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ore-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_005']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_005']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_013']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_013']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=plasma--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_019']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_019']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ions--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_020']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_020']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ions-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_021']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_021']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_023']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_023']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_024']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_024']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=plasma--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_025']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_025']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ions--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_026']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_026']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ions--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_029']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_029']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_034']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_034']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_035']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_035']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ions-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_036']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_036']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=plasma-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark_macro']/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark_macro']/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark2_macro']/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_pattern_v2_dark2_macro']/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_078']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_078']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=ions-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_080']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_080']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_087']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_087']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_088']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_088']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_089']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_089']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_090']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_090']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_091']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_091']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_092']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_092']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_095']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_095']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_108']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_108']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_110']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_110']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_114']/fields/nebula/@localdensity">0.0</replace>
  <replace sel="/regions/region[@name='region_zone_114']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity">0.0</replace> <!--resource=hydrogen--> <!--backgroundfog=true-->
</diff>

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:33

Awesome, thanks MutantDwarf!

Update is out, changelog available on the Nexus site. :)

Nebucatnetzer

Post by Nebucatnetzer » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 23:31

MutantDwarf wrote:Here's an updated region_definitions.xml file (goes under libraries) that only eliminates the 'veil' you see. It actually looks quite nice if you just use this without getting rid of the actual clouds, though of course there's no performance increase.

If you'd like to be able to see that there's a nebula around (since they can still be used for harvesting) you can increase the numbers slightly to get a bit of that 'veil' back.
Thanks for finding and sharing this.
What I haven't completely understood yet.
Do we need to see the veil because it's game relevant or does it only appear together with the cloud textures?

Cyllie

Post by Cyllie » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:38

The best thing about this mod is it seems to drastically improve performance, except for the random choppiness that seems to occur sometimes when ships spawn (reload is the only thing that seems to fix this).

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:29

Nebucatnetzer wrote:
MutantDwarf wrote:Here's an updated region_definitions.xml file (goes under libraries) that only eliminates the 'veil' you see. It actually looks quite nice if you just use this without getting rid of the actual clouds, though of course there's no performance increase.

Thanks for finding and sharing this.
What I haven't completely understood yet.
Do we need to see the veil because it's game relevant or does it only appear together with the cloud textures?
The veil was just defined separately from the fog itself. V0.3 removes that as well. It's only game relevant in so far that it's possible to harvest the fog (which is still possible since as far as the game is concerned, the fog is still there. Just not visible to the player).

Nebucatnetzer

Post by Nebucatnetzer » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:04

I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
would like to keep the clouds.
But if the veil itself is as well a game element then I would have to live with it.
Invisible gameplay elements aren't very practical :)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”