[REQ] Community Patch / Mod Package

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DiaraD
xr

[REQ] Community Patch / Mod Package

Post by DiaraD » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 09:00

Good day,

I really want to keep it short so the important things first:

-> There is no real plan on what the community should work/mod right now (at least not moderated in the forums)
-> Its a pain to restart the game all the time while making minor changes

Result:
No increase of playability through mods is achieved right now.

Is there any interest to combine forces to make a community patch / Mod package that will result in addressing the biggest problems for now?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 09:05

Restart the game? What game have you been playing? Ive been modding since the game came out and have never once had to drop my savegame when adding mods...

If you are, your doing it wrong.

If you would like to propose a suggestion on what we should work on, by all means do so - but dont expect us to all flock to it and work on it, if you want something badly enough you can do it yourself, the comunity here is willing to help if you get stuck just ask us.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 09:45

In the end, modders will work on whatever they find interesting or spontaneously know how to do. Essentially, on what they want. That doesn't have to be at all what people request since oftentimes they have no idea how much work something involves nor how feasible it is.

DarthZoldor
x4

Post by DarthZoldor » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:03

What I would like to see is a m1 or m2 ship build its own fighters.

Cablefish
x4

Post by Cablefish » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:07

First i read:
enenra wrote:In the end, modders will work on whatever they find interesting or spontaneously know how to do. Essentially, on what they want. That doesn't have to be at all what people request since oftentimes they have no idea how much work something involves nor how feasible it is.
Then i read:
DarthZoldor wrote:What I would like to see is a m1 or m2 ship build its own fighters.
Then i was like. LOL.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”