How much wares can the Skunk Carry?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

flounder_al
x2

How much wares can the Skunk Carry?

Post by flounder_al » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:19

I've not built up enough credits to hire a transport yet (in freeplay) so I was wondering how much wares can I buy/carry by direct trading on the stations by talking to the NPC's?
Playing X3 or riding my ZX6R...life is fast, fun and living on the edge

LastChime

Post by LastChime » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:22

A whole lot, I haven't capped it out........for personal inventory items like space suits and engine components. 0 if it's commodity wares like energy cells or water.

RWolf
x3tc

Post by RWolf » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:23

Your cargo bay is magical... it can hold an infinite amount of wares. Just pile it up until you max out whatever limit is for that item (not tied to ship but universal item limit).

Why this one time, I rammed into a station and it disappeared...I looked in my cargo bay and there it was... magic!

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 23:26

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:22

LOLz aside, LastChime is correct-- the Skunk has ZERO cargo storage capacity at all.

-- As many missiles as you'd like.
-- Drones galore.
-- 300 pilots and battalions of Marines.
-- No room for a single e-cell, dimer of Spaceweed, or bottle of Space Fuel.

Now, your POCKETS on the other hand can hold every space suit, piece of mining equipment and bag of fertilizer ever made in the galaxy.

Makes perfect sense.

Stop laughing, it's true.

Better yet, laugh and laugh, because if you really think about it, you'll weep openly.

somsedil
x4

Post by somsedil » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:28

RWolf wrote:Your cargo bay is magical... it can hold an infinite amount of wares. Just pile it up until you max out whatever limit is for that item (not tied to ship but universal item limit).

Why this one time, I rammed into a station and it disappeared...I looked in my cargo bay and there it was... magic!
In addition, the ship is bigger on the inside than on the outside!

It's all magic I tell you.

RWolf
x3tc

Post by RWolf » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:31

somsedil wrote:
RWolf wrote:Your cargo bay is magical... it can hold an infinite amount of wares. Just pile it up until you max out whatever limit is for that item (not tied to ship but universal item limit).

I have been trying to find out how the bathroom works on the skunk. I mean check out how big it is and how would the door even open given its space and size. I feel like they didnt think it through.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:46

somsedil wrote:

Bala Gi Labs utilized super-secret TARDIS technology.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:47

RWolf wrote:
somsedil wrote:

I have been trying to find out how the bathroom works on the skunk. I mean check out how big it is and how would the door even open given its space and size. I feel like they didnt think it through.
It doesn't work at all. That is why the male and female icons on the door are that way. :D

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 00:53

Monkeyfister wrote:LOLz aside, LastChime is correct-- the Skunk has ZERO cargo storage capacity at all.

-- As many missiles as you'd like.
-- Drones galore.
-- 300 pilots and battalions of Marines.
-- No room for a single e-cell, dimer of Spaceweed, or bottle of Space Fuel.

Now, your POCKETS on the other hand can hold every space suit, piece of mining equipment and bag of fertilizer ever made in the galaxy.

Makes perfect sense.

Stop laughing, it's true.

Better yet, laugh and laugh, because if you really think about it, you'll weep openly.
I was actually laughing!

It makes perfect sense. Ren Otani is a Doraemon Timelord.

Syneris
x3tc

Post by Syneris » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:06

Strange, I seem to be limited on the number of missiles I can carry.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:21

Syneris wrote:Strange, I seem to be limited on the number of missiles I can carry.
Admittedly, I don't think I over-topped my load... seemed an AWFUL lot to me. I am used to the old "N-Cargo Hold" limit including lasers/jump-fuel/Everything.

I've given up on Rebirth for the next year, until it is out of Beta. Seemed pretty unlimited to me during they time I dorked around over the weekend before my frustrations turned to raw anger.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:24

RWolf wrote:I have been trying to find out how the bathroom works on the skunk.
Don't feel bad about it. The three shells are confusing everyone the first time.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:27

Monkeyfister wrote:Makes perfect sense.
Of course it makes sense, afterall XR has an indepth economy and trading system for both the AI and players. Promised.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:51

@Gazz haha I remember that.

Yeah I was wondering where I was holding all my 100s of space suits but I'll be damned if I can find somewhere to sell them. I've had a look on every station, I can find farmers and miners to buy manure and mining equip but for the life of me I cant find anyone who will buy space suits.

Crafty Sentinel

Post by Crafty Sentinel » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 02:57

Mauzi! wrote:
Monkeyfister wrote:Makes perfect sense.
Of course it makes sense, afterall XR has an indepth economy and trading system for both the AI and players. Promised.
You mean the AI which spawn with wares constantly to keep supplies up? Rather then you know.... actually trading...

RWolf
x3tc

Post by RWolf » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:02

Speaking of which, I found video of an early Egosoft prototype testing out Ren Otani's out of ship experiences. I think this is what they planned for space station play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_kjFUU8vgo

Syneris
x3tc

Post by Syneris » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:03

Missiles looked to be capped at 170 total (not 170 each type). Not sure if you can go over the cap from picking up containers.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:13

DaMuncha wrote:@Gazz haha I remember that.

Yeah I was wondering where I was holding all my 100s of space suits but I'll be damned if I can find somewhere to sell them. I've had a look on every station, I can find farmers and miners to buy manure and mining equip but for the life of me I cant find anyone who will buy space suits.
The Junk Sellers buy them. In all seriousness. They pay surprisingly good for them, considering they are acting as a Fence for stolen goods.

Now, all seriousness aside, and this may be telling my age, so I'll just say it... I am SO OLD, I remember when 600 hundred Teladiadinum Paneling pieces could side an entire Gonar Temple. Nowadays, these kids can fit that many in their watch pocket!

Now get off my lawn!!!
Last edited by Monkeyfister on Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 03:20

Syneris wrote:Missiles looked to be capped at 170 total (not 170 each type). Not sure if you can go over the cap from picking up containers.
Good to know that!

I don't know either about the container cap. Seems like the ship picks EVERYTHING up... I dunno.

But for a smaller ship with no cargo hold, it does carry a lot of missiles.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”