Seriously Cant Find Weapons

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alexandus

Seriously Cant Find Weapons

Post by Alexandus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:04

Someone told me previously that Maser Mk IIs have been found somewhere for sale, but has anyone been able to honestly find a Mk II of any gun..anywhere? I traveled to Omicron Lyrae in my sandbox game specifically to hope that different weapons were available and I'm finding the same 4 weapons everywhere I go.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:14

Look for a mechanic at any bar or trade dock

Alexandus

Post by Alexandus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:17

You misunderstand...Every mechanic I've spoken with has the same 4 weapons for sale.

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:35

I think right now that's all there is. 4 "types" of weapons not counting the mining laser iirc and their respective "upgrades" (Mk I, Mk II, ...)

I suppose they will add more, or *sigh* modders will.

Alexandus

Post by Alexandus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:57

Swallen wrote:I think right now that's all there is. 4 "types" of weapons not counting the mining laser iirc and their respective "upgrades" (Mk I, Mk II, ...)

For the moment im fine with them having this, I just cant find the upgrades anywhere. Have you?

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:38

Swallen wrote:I think right now that's all there is. 4 "types" of weapons not counting the mining laser iirc and their respective "upgrades" (Mk I, Mk II, ...)

They also sell software upgrades (=plural) but there is only one software upgrade in teh game.

As opposed to there being 50? in Albion Prelude

Alexandus

Post by Alexandus » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:31

Has anyone found the plasma cannon for purchase in the sandbox?

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:46

sure. I found it at a number of places. All of the weapons, but not at every single mechanic. You may need to try a few.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:49

Did you ask them to show you their wares please?

B_O_L_T
x4

Post by B_O_L_T » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 03:57

Weapons, shields, engines etc all go up to mk 5, the exception being scanners. However, the availability of some is reliant on a variable called secrecy, which is derived from your standing with any given faction.

At least this is my understanding at present after looking through the contents of some of the cat files. However, there is a lot of stuff to trawl through and it will take a while to figure out how everything fits together, there could well be other variables linked to gear availability that I missed. But compared to previous iterations in the series, the range of different weapon types is abysmal.
Regards B_O_L_T

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 04:03

B_O_L_T wrote:Weapons, shields, engines etc all go up to mk 5, the exception being scanners. However, the availability of some is reliant on a variable called secrecy, which is derived from your standing with any given faction.

At least this is my understanding at present after looking through the contents of some of the cat files. However, there is a lot of stuff to trawl through and it will take a while to figure out how everything fits together, there could well be other variables linked to gear availability that I missed. But compared to previous iterations in the series, the range of different weapon types is abysmal.
More then likely it is related to your reputation with a faction and whether they think it is good to sell you that. Or well if it will blow back on them if they sell you that. So keeping it a secret.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”