Awsome Places You've seen

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wwdragon
x4

Awsome Places You've seen

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:20

I just got to Lonely Giant with the Ecells and wow is it beautiful! :)

What kinda places you all found that made you go wow?
Editing posts since long before I remember.

duncan idaho
x4

Post by duncan idaho » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:52

I was going to say Lonely Giant. I also love the environment of DeVries in general.

dsteve7
x4

Post by dsteve7 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 01:09

I experienced the highway exit bug in a new way... I was about to exit a superhighway when I got the bug that normally kicks you out over 100 km from the exit. This kick out was different though. It looked like my ship was spinning endlessly and the view through the front window wasn't quite right. It was mostly black with some white pollys flickering all over the place.

I went to the crew cabin and my engineer was stuck frozen in space with her arms held out. I couldn't move either, could just turn. The door wouldn't work either. I had to re-enter the cockpit through the menu.

When I returned to the cockpit I was taken back by what I saw!!! The view through the window was fixed, I think... My waypoint target was back and the number next to it was astounding. I was over 4,300,000 km away... I'm dead serious. And the view backed up this number... I saw a bright light that was very small. It really looked like I was at the edge of the galaxy. No asteroids in sight or any space rocks for that matter. Just a black space background with a few tiny stars. And an entire spiral galaxy on the horizon with a small bright center.

I am extremely angry at myself though... I didn't remember what the screenshot hotkey was. I tried hitting print screen a few times. Then I alt-tab'd to see if it worked. It didn't. I pulled up the screenshot folder in steam and saw that F12 was the hotkey. I alt-tab'd to get back to the game and... it seems my ship wasn't the only thing that the game tossed out to the edge of the galaxy... My game itself was gone too. I had a tab of XRebirth on my task bar but it wasn't in my alt-tab window. Clicking on it in my task bar did nothing. The music from the game was still playing however. I pulled up my task manager and the game was not in my application list. I couldn't get back to the game... Steam still thought it was running. I had to go to my processes tab and end the process of the exe file.

I really wish I had gotten a screen shot. Not only to show the massive 4,300,000 km distance but the view from deep space was truly amazing...

TheShadowofSins
xr

Post by TheShadowofSins » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:14

Looks like an UnFocused Jump :lol: .

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”