[MOD] Better Highway Alphas

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nebogloee
x3tc

[MOD] Better Highway Alphas

Post by Nebogloee » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 04:39

Annoyed with the lack of visibility with the highways? X is beautiful, and the highways are a good time to take it in. This mod decreases the alpha on the highway maps, making them more transparent. Now you can see that station coming up and plan your exit - no need to look at the bar.

This is just a bunch of quick edits. Feel free to change the values. No changers were made to color tint, so this will work with the highway color mod.

Anybody have any idea how to lessen the highway "exhaust" trails? Or how to change the colors of the clouds in the highway? I suspect that their diffuses may have to be tinted, which sucks because there is a bunch of them.

Grab the zip from:

[ external image ]
Better Highway Alphas

Screenshot

My apologies for the screenshot, I am running this game on low everything due to my Q8200 and GTX260. (I am just lucky it works at all)
Last edited by Nebogloee on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 05:11

Does this modify the look of the highways from outside, or just inside? I'd like the highways to be a little less obvious when you're not in them; maybe make their alpha value 20-50% so they're much less visible.

Nebogloee
x3tc

Post by Nebogloee » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 05:28

Mostly from the inside. I did drop the alpha for the tube, but the tuning of the other external stuff should happen on the color tint property and that is done with the color highway mod.

BlueSabor
x4

Post by BlueSabor » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 08:04

Much better thank you. :D
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Corsair H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4
LG TV OLED55C141B (3840x2160@120Hz)
Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 10:10

Nebogloee
x3tc

Post by Nebogloee » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:59

Done. The brand is safe. I will add it to the No sirens mod as well.

spartanheyho

Post by spartanheyho » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 10:14

Debug text for your mod upon launching new game in free-play mode:

Code: Select all

[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03c']/properties/property[@name='alphaStr']' in patch file 'extensions\better_highway_alphas\libraries\material_library'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] [Material::ParseMaterialNode] found unsupported exported properties value () in material(effects.highway_tube) skipping!

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Fri, 9. May 14, 14:44

has anyone a working download link?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Sun, 11. May 14, 22:22

as with other nexus links the domain prefix "xrebirth" seems not to work, the following link works though

http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/36/?

On another note, within the highways, you got mostly a greenish look to the outside. Can someone tell which part i need to change to change the color?
I have looked at another mod changing the tube effects, which included the following lines but didnt change the color of tube effects inside the tube as i hoped for -_-

<!-- changes highway effect -->
  <replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_tube']"> 
    <material name="highway_tube" shader="shaderfx\high\XU_highway_tube.fx" blendmode="additive" preview="none"> 
      <properties> 
        <property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="extensions\Highway Fusion\assets\fx\textures\highway\highway_new_effect" />
        <property type="Float" name="diffuseStr" value="2.0" />
        <property type="BitMap" name="alpha_map" value="assets\fx\textures\highway\highway_fx_mask_04.tga" />
        <property type="Float" name="alphaStr" value="2.0" />
        <property type="Float" name="camera_fade_range" value="10000.0" />
        <property type="Float" name="camera_fade_speed" value="1.0" />
        <property type="Float" name="diff_anim_speed" value="0.18" />
        <property type="Float" name="alpha_anim_speed" value="0.25" />
        <property type="Color" name="color_tint" r="200" g="200" b="220" a="255" value="(color 200 200 220)" />
      </properties>
    </material>
  </replace>
You commented out a few lines within your mod, what would those normally do/effect?

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03a']/properties/property[@name='alphaStr']"> 
    <property type="Float" name="alphaStr" value="0.5"></property>
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03a']/properties/property[@name='alpha2Str']"> 
    <property type="Float" name="alpha2Str" value="0.5"></property> 
  </replace>

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03b']/properties/property[@name='alphaStr']"> 
    <property type="Float" name="alphaStr" value="0.4"></property>
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03b']/properties/property[@name='alpha2Str']"> 
    <property type="Float" name="alpha2Str" value="0.4"></property> 
  </replace>

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03d']/properties/property[@name='alphaStr']"> 
    <property type="Float" name="alphaStr" value="0.05"></property>
  </replace> 

<replace sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='effects']/material[@name='highway_streamclouds_03d']/properties/property[@name='alpha2Str']"> 
    <property type="Float" name="alpha2Str" value="0.05"></property> 
  </replace> 

i intent to merge a few highway mods. Do i have your permission to use yours too? (credits included)
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”