[MOD] Ignore JumpDrive Fuel

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hiiro
x4

[MOD] Ignore JumpDrive Fuel

Post by Hiiro » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 10:43

=== About ===

Following Player ships will no longer require Fuel to use their Jump Drives.

Ships should now be able to properly follow Player.

No more annoying 'No Fuel' Messages, No more ships stuck in random sectors, no more refueling at enemy stations, and hopefully no more ships lost in space at random locations or indefinitely traveling through space.

=== Installation ===

Extract and copy the contents of the archive to your game folder //X Rebirth/Extensions/" folder (create the extensions folder if you don't have it already).

Please use latest version only (1.2b). All versions are stand-alone.

[ external image ]

@Thanks enenra for the download sig :)

NOTE:
Please be aware that in order for this mod to have any immediate effects, you will need to trigger the 'Entered XXX' -> 'Transmitting Rendezvous Point' flag.

Another quick way to cancel the ship's order queue (cancel anything it's currently doing) would be to Remove it from your Squad then Add it again. You will then see the ship's taking the correct action course (tabun).

=== Known Issues ===

There was an issue with ships not being able to jump through Galaxies.
It has been fixed with vs. 1.2.

=== Technical Details ===

[18.11.2013 - V1.0] :: Diff Replaced entire <actions> node in move.generic
Should work as long as no one changes that one.
Made no other modifications.

[22.11.2013 - V1.2b] :: XML <diff> now replaces only the Jump part, not the entire file. Should be easier to use with other mods, or in case other modders decide to edit same xml file.

=== Thanks ===

Thanks Observe for great tutorials.

Thanks MadJoker for the text format :) Too lazy to write everything myself.

Thanks shane1022, Escaflow and KAHR-Alpha for reporting the issue with v.1.1.

=== Release History ===

- [18.11.2013 - V1.0] :: Initial Release.
- [18.11.2013 - V1.1] :: Changes should now apply to Player Ships Only.
- [22.11.2013 - V1.2a] :: Correction done. Ships should now be able to jump through different 'galaxies' without issues.
- [22.11.2013 - V1.2b] :: Same as V.2a, but XML <diff> replaces only the Jump part, not the entire file. Should be easier to use with other mods, or in case other modders decide to edit same xml file.

PS
First Post :) Hope it works and you enjoy it :P
[Edited like 20 times]

Sorry for the slow fix guys. I kinda work during the week, and have not had another chance to actually play X Rebirth, and probably will not till the weekend :) Cheers!
Last edited by Hiiro on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 16:40, edited 8 times in total.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 10:49

HETPE3B

Post by HETPE3B » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 11:13

that's a pity that it had come to this....
gonna check it in couple of hours

dez505
x4

Post by dez505 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 11:29

Nice work on this!

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 13:17

hope that will save my retarded destroyer,that decide park at enemy base
without any thought of leaving it EVER

Kamteix

Re: [MOD] Ignore JumpDrive Fuel

Post by Kamteix » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:06

Hiiro wrote: NOTE:
Please be aware that in order for this mod to have any immediate effects, you will need to trigger the 'Entered XXX' -> 'Transmitting Rendezvous Point' flag.

Another quick way to cancel the ship's order queue (cancel anything it's currently doing) would be to Remove it from your Squad then Add it again. You will then see the ship's taking the correct action course (tabun).
You mean that we need to ignore the "we need fuel" message and it will work just fine even without giving an order ?

Hiiro
x4

Post by Hiiro » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:13

Kamteix wrote:
Hiiro wrote: NOTE:

You mean that we need to ignore the "we need fuel" message and it will work just fine even without giving an order ?
Actually, if applied correctly you should no longer receive any kind of warnings or notifications, and your ships will simply 'Boost' to your location, or just 'Jump' depending on the case.

Kamteix

Post by Kamteix » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:23

Hiiro wrote: Actually, if applied correctly you should no longer receive any kind of warnings or notifications, and your ships will simply 'Boost' to your location, or just 'Jump' depending on the case.
In this case i probably made a mistake while applying the mods.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth\Extensions"

is it the good folder ? I extracted the rar in extensions.

Eliyan

Post by Eliyan » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:44

Would it be possible to force ship to use their jumpdrive when using the "take me to..." order? Would save so much time.

Hiiro
x4

Post by Hiiro » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 15:22

Kamteix wrote:
Hiiro wrote: Actually, if applied correctly you should no longer receive any kind of warnings or notifications, and your ships will simply 'Boost' to your location, or just 'Jump' depending on the case.
In this case i probably made a mistake while applying the mods.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth\Extensions"

is it the good folder ? I extracted the rar in extensions.
Hi Kamteix :)

Yup. You should have the following path set'up: ..\X Rebirth\Extensions\IgnoreFuel\*.*

I added a pic to the Nexus link/post. Please check it :)
If it works for me I am thinking it should also work for you as well.

Eliyan wrote:Would it be possible to force ship to use their jumpdrive when using the "take me to..." order? Would save so much time.
Hi Elivan :)

The method of transportation a Capital Ship uses to move from one location to another depends on how far it is from the destination.

If it is in the same system as the Target Location, it will 'Boost' to the location. Similar to the Player's Boosting (no shield drain though), or to the highway traveling, just that the Capital Ship kinda creates it's 'own' temporary highway :)

If the Target Location is in a different System, it will then decide to Jump.

At least that's as far as I remember it.

It's doable, but will further break immersion.
This mod was mostly intended for temp use until the game is correctly patched up :)

FuIgrim
x3ap

Post by FuIgrim » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:46

Could you reup your file pls cant download it on nexus. thanks :-)

shane1022

Post by shane1022 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:01

Hello! I just wanted to tell you that after installing your mod, and the MCE mod my cap ships will no longer jump to a new part of the galaxy. They will just anywhere inside of DV but will not jump to ALB. I just wanted to post it on both mod pages so we can figure it out.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 09:13

@Eliyan As far as I know ships will only jump to Jump Beacons, and then only if they are in another sector.

(You can see a Jump Beacon in Fervid Corona, near the big station.)

"Tactical jumping" would only work if players can set up their own jump beacons...
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Escaflow
x4

Post by Escaflow » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:27

For some odd reasons i can't pm you..

I got the same trouble as shane1022 but it seam that its not an collision with MCE, its the use of force jump.
With no XML skill and by copying Hiiro's MOD i c&p something together that work with Gates. If there are anny errors feel free to correct them.

Just download and put both files in your „../Ignore JumpDrive Fuel/aiscripts/“ folder.

Download

@Hiiro use as you wish

KAHR-Alpha

Post by KAHR-Alpha » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:13

Escaflow wrote:For some odd reasons i can't pm you..

I got the same trouble as shane1022 but it seam that its not an collision with MCE, its the use of force jump.
With no XML skill and by copying Hiiro's MOD i c&p something together that work with Gates. If there are anny errors feel free to correct them.

Just download and put both files in your „../Ignore JumpDrive Fuel/aiscripts/“ folder.

Download

@Hiiro use as you wish
I'm bumping this, I had the same issue and your solution seemed to fix it, it should be worth integrating in the mod.

Andy578

Post by Andy578 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 06:33

Escaflow wrote:For some odd reasons i can't pm you..

Download

@Hiiro use as you wish
yep i had the same problem, thanks for the fix :)

really is ridiculous modders have to put in all this effort to get the most basic parts of the game to somewhat work

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 00:37

Hiiro wrote:There was an issue with ships not being able to jump through Galaxies.
It has been fixed with vs. 1.2.
:roll: I thought that was a vanilla bug.

THanks for fixing it! :lol:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Escaflow
x4

Post by Escaflow » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 06:53

Hiiro wrote:=== About ===
- [22.11.2013 - V1.2b] :: Same as V.2a, but XML <diff> replaces only the Jump part, not the entire file. Should be easier to use with other mods, or in case other modders decide to edit same xml file.

Interesting, v1.2b wont work for me so i looked into it and brake it all down to 9 Lines.

Download

Randeng
x4

Post by Randeng » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 12:19

Thanks for the mod but it doesn't work for me, i mean, my Arawn can jump without fuel, but it can't use portals, it just flies alongisde the portal, at low speed, straight.

It worked with a Taranis, but not with my Arawn.

Verge
x4

When we have to remove features...

Post by Verge » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 10:58

Albion Skunk carrying small amounts of fuel allowing ecos to purely eco as well as make fuel pickups? That'd work. Hell, could even give us our own jump drive...if you wanted...or not. Just make it really expensive :) or again, not if you don't wanna.

Could make jumps really slow and ****** without fuel, that'd work...but you made us actually remove a FEATURE to fix the game. Egosoft...we're removing a feature, not because we don't like it but because it breaks the game.

Egosoft, I pirate games before I buy them. If they keep me interested for several hours w/o getting deleted, you get my money. I've done this with X2, X3 and X:R. As a company, you create something beautiful, every time, something magic. I don't know that I'll buy the next title so quickly. Hell, if my experience with Rebirth is going to be as I think it will, I'll probably go back to X3 after I put in 50 hours.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”