Too many trips planned for this ship

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:36

These save files are massive in size, under mine it says collapsed on a lot of things sadly.....Perhaps that's why there a wall of freighters just sit and spinning
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

AquaBoar

Post by AquaBoar » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 08:46

illusori wrote:Because I can't tell it to buy and sell unless it follows me like a puppy. :evil:
I think this right here may be the key to the issues with trading. I can't fathom why the ship is required to be in your squad/following you in order for you to give it a trade order.

I haven't played free play yet (too much rage + studying for exam). Does trading function any better outside of the campaign?

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 13:36

AquaBoar wrote:
illusori wrote:Because I can't tell it to buy and sell unless it follows me like a puppy. :evil:
I think this right here may be the key to the issues with trading. I can't fathom why the ship is required to be in your squad/following you in order for you to give it a trade order.

I haven't played free play yet (too much rage + studying for exam). Does trading function any better outside of the campaign?
It's the same. The campaign doesn't change the core mechanics of the game.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 13:53

I have a problem with my freighter too (the one you get for free in Cantera). I bought some water at a station. I ordered my freighter to deliver the water to another station with water shortages, but it simply cannot dock at the target station. It just keeps going around the station, occasionally trying to go through the station, but can't reach its destination. I can't cancel anything, can't order it to deliver the water to another station, its stuck with 3000+ water in its cargo bay, and i don't have any other freighter yet...

rhohltjr
x3tc

Plat meant to attract new players?

Post by rhohltjr » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 15:22

I know that Egosoft is attempting to attract new players to this genre, with the console pads
and menus, however the first impressions (X vets and newbies alike) are not having that effect.
Plot seems way too difficult IMO. :( New UI should have had a much simpler and easier plot.

Mavkiel
x3

Post by Mavkiel » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 17:29

Its not that the plot is to difficult. Its that its to *annoying*. Those annoyances add up fast.

Great bits about the plot:
We get a nice sum of cash for putting up with Yisha

Bad things:
We then get several missions which cost far more then the cash we got to do. (Sure, I suppose you could trade, if that system was even working and not highly annoying with the whole trade ships needing to be in squad.)

Giving us a ship, which is supposed to be used in completing a misson... that lacks the very drones it needs to do the task. And lacks fuel to boot.

Bugs, yes some are to be expected. But dear god, no ability to target nearest enemy? No ability to cancel a trade run that bugs out? Having to go through a painful amount of menus to try and figure out what your ships are doing.

All that being said, I am still believe it will get sorted out. But jeez. One would have hoped that the UI would have improved with this game. Or at least maintained the same functionality its predecessor had. /rant off.

kabana

Post by kabana » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 17:16

i have the same problem on version 1.15.

freighter is in the area (with 100 cells)
i initiate the sell order. and nothing...

tried the edit saved game thing, but i do not have the 3 shopping problem and it just cancel my order. i reinitiated it but still nothing...

Jasbo

Post by Jasbo » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:21

Same problem for me also on this mission... Even after editing the save game file and telling my freighter to sell 100 energy cells to the station, it just sits there is space... even after letting it sit for an hour it still hasnt moved.

Frustrated!

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 07:39

This did not work for me. I removed all "trade" elements from the "shopping" node, loaded the save and was happy to see that there was no more "too many trips" error (despite NOTHING showing in ANY PORTION OF THE UI ON ANY OTHER PAGE.)

Still the rahanas won't budge. I've spent the last 2 hours scouring forum posts and trying things, NOTHING WORKS!! I even went through the painfully convoluted process of firing the captain, which required exiting the game at least 10 times because some command was greyed out or not even available like the advice says it should be, due to some well-hidden required condition.

The incompetence in UI design is monumental. The ignorance of XML manipulation is colossal. Good Job Egosoft.
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 11:42

@ Shanjaq: It might indeed not work if you try a solution from a 2+ year old thread. The game and code has changed a lot through many updates since then.

Please post your issues in a new thread of your own (perhaps better placed in the Rebirth Universe forum and with less rant) and then other players will be more likely to help you with today's game version's issues.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”