[MOD] Colored Highway Tube v2.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zeron-mk7
x3

[MOD] Colored Highway Tube v2.0

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:59

Colored Highway Tube v2.0
===================================
[ external image ]

Mod change Highway Tube outside color from yellow to 4 different colors - Blue, Green, Red, White.

---------------
Installation:
Copy one of the chosen folder into the X Rebirth game directory - in the "extensions" folder (if don't have this folder, then create it).

Run the game and enter into the "Extensions" option, there you will see installed mod.

Version history:
v1.0 - first release
v2.0 - change 2 more Highway Tube colors parameters
- add all language descriptions (texts in english)

========================
Colored Highway Tube Mod link
========================
Last edited by Zeron-mk7 on Sun, 24. Nov 13, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Kirmari
x4

Post by Kirmari » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:02

Nice one :P
*English is not my native bare with me*
Steam: Masku
Youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCcKMIlYzLnWI646LhNiXXRg

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:06

nice one :D rainbow tube now!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:30

My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 14:09

Well I have already changed the texture for the tube into "star streaks" so a rainbow one could be done :D

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 15:19

star streaks? screenie screenie!

Realspace
x4

Removing Highways at all?

Post by Realspace » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 16:27

What about completely removing ALL the stupid highways and their stupid minigame and letting in only the super-HWays? So to give a bit of space to the claustrophobic zones? Even a 1920s rocket can cross a 500km area faster than the skunk! Just asking before I do it myself if somebody messed with it. Two changes are needed: 1) That mission signs are automatically redirected to the target zone (no more to the nearest highways..which is fundamentally disturbing for me) and 2) we can remove the shield drain from hyperdrive so you can use it to freely move at high speed inside the sectors.

dez505
x4

Re: Removing Highways at all?

Post by dez505 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 16:53

Realspace wrote:What about completely removing ALL the stupid highways and their stupid minigame and letting in only the super-HWays? So to give a bit of space to the claustrophobic zones? Even a 1920s rocket can cross a 500km area faster than the skunk! Just asking before I do it myself if somebody messed with it. Two changes are needed: 1) That mission signs are automatically redirected to the target zone (no more to the nearest highways..which is fundamentally disturbing for me) and 2) we can remove the shield drain from hyperdrive so you can use it to freely move at high speed inside the sectors.
TBH i like this idea trade lanes sprining up and stuff the highway things are not much faster than afterburner plus ships in it seem to not be real as most vanish, plus most ships don't do anything...not even trade :( the economy seems fake.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 17:25

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/k ... 371e23.jpg

One very quick texture change I did a while back.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:09

Can't seem to find the download link...

http://thexgalaxy.ucoz.com/load/x_rebirth/5

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:36

TTD wrote:Can't seem to find the download link...
Mod download from the "Download" section. Download link is in the right side - Mediafire logo.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:37

:oops:

got it...thanks.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 03:36

Realspace wrote:What about completely removing ALL the stupid highways and their stupid minigame and letting in only the super-HWays? So to give a bit of space to the claustrophobic zones? Even a 1920s rocket can cross a 500km area faster than the skunk! Just asking before I do it myself if somebody messed with it. Two changes are needed: 1) That mission signs are automatically redirected to the target zone (no more to the nearest highways..which is fundamentally disturbing for me) and 2) we can remove the shield drain from hyperdrive so you can use it to freely move at high speed inside the sectors.
i like this idea, being able to just freely fly between zones without losing boost power. I can handle the super highways but the green highways really are unnecessary and takes away from the space exploration side of things.

If someone could make a mod to remove the green highways and have the ability to use boost infinitely and only drop your shields to maybe half to give some sort of downside to using this. It would really make the game more immersive. (apparently the forum thinks the word immersive is incorrect)

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 05:45

myztkl-kev wrote:
i like this idea, being able to just freely fly between zones without losing boost power. I can handle the super highways but the green highways really are unnecessary and takes away from the space exploration side of things.

If someone could make a mod to remove the green highways and have the ability to use boost infinitely and only drop your shields to maybe half to give some sort of downside to using this. It would really make the game more immersive. (apparently the forum thinks the word immersive is incorrect)
Maybe make it so boost still drains you shields normally, but it just doesn't stop working when your shields are out of juice.

I'm not sure that's something that can be modded directly; it's probably hard-coded in some fashion. But hacks to get around it are almost certainly possible.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:22

I am assumng it changes the local highways,not the ones to move to another sector ,which are normally blue?

If so ,I have tried campiagn,freeform and a saved game.

All of which did not change the colour.

I put the mod folder in the "extensions" folder with the others.
But only with the colour I wish.
What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by TTD on Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Thurmonator
x2

Post by Thurmonator » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 21:08

Any chance that you could use a shader effect for the animation and make the color mostly transparent for the highways?

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:08

Can you do color mod for all Solar Systems? :)

xenicle
x4

Post by xenicle » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 21:14

I have made a version to also have colored DeVries Highways :

[If you wish to modify someone's mod or host it someplace else, you should ask first. - Gazz]

I'm not the original maker of this mod hope I'm not interfere...

)(\-FI3ING-HIR5CH-/)(

Post by )(\-FI3ING-HIR5CH-/)( » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 04:40

xenicle the acess to ur download is restricted.

Could u host it on a fress hoster pls.

thx
native language: german

Veni vidi vici - Er kam, sah siegte.

xenicle
x4

Post by xenicle » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 05:35

)(\-FI3ING-HIR5CH-/)( wrote:xenicle the acess to ur download is restricted.

Could u host it on a fress hoster pls.

thx
Sorry forgot to open the door ! It should be good with this same link...

[If you wish to modify someone's mod or host it someplace else, you should ask first. - Gazz]

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”