Main Graphics Adapter Not Recognized

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amgwtfover

Main Graphics Adapter Not Recognized

Post by amgwtfover » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:25

Taken from the midst of one of the performance issue threads because it was relevant at the time, but is a tangent and a seperate issue, so I bring here the majority of the issue.

User Post: "For those of you on Intel Nvidia, go to graphics settings and check that the game isn't running on your Haswell backup card it'll be Inter HD 4600 or something. If that's the case and if your Nvidia isn't there - the go to Nvidia control panel, 3d settings and make the proper card your preferred one."

ME: I'm running a laptop with an intel integrated graphics and a nvidia gt630m, and even though I run it with nvidia being the preferred one to use, the issue lies in-game in settings. The only graphics adapter it is picking up is the intel integrated graphics, the nvidia option isn't even there on the in-game settings. Any idea about how to remedy that?

User post: "Try disabling the integrated adapter from control panel -> device manager"

ME: Tried this, what happens is it starts running at 1-2fps, with tremendous sound jitter, and settings say it's running "Microsoft Basic Render #1" on graphics adapter, as the only available option. It just cannot seem to recognize the nvidia geforce gt630m adapter at all.

Any assistance with this issue?

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”