This game is a steaming pile of shit.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Im12

This game is a steaming pile of shit.

Post by Im12 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:12

No amount of patching will fix the serious and fatal design flaws inherent to this monstrosity. Calling it a rebirth was the mislabeling of the century. A more appropriate name perhaps would have been "X: Abortion". How any sane developer could think that this was a product worthy of publishing is beyond me. Did you all blow your budget money on cocaine and hookers?

You touted the ability to explore the interior of stations... except you provided 3 models to use with exact same NPC spawns, AND item spawns. Are you ****** kidding me? Whats more is all the NPCs have this dumb-ass look on their face like they're autistic. Their character models look like they were ripped straight out of half-life 1, and the voice overs sound like you hired prepubescent down syndrome fifth graders to do them.

I'm suppose to run a trade empire yet I have to get off my ass and walk to every single NPC in each station that I want to trade with? EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's like a billion years in the future and no one has comm systems? You can hail a ****** ship kilometers away but you can't hail a stationary venue to trade with?

What is this pile of shit you threw together and marketed as X Rebirth? Where is the actual X Rebirth? W/e I'm done.

Shoelip
x3ap

Post by Shoelip » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:18

Really? Only two insulting references to the mentally disabled? Surely you can do better.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:20

Well, his nickname IS "IM12" so cut the boy some slack :D

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:21

two insulting references to the mentally disabled is still better than what egosoft did with X, so whatever. buy a collector's edition of his post, it comes with a music video.

jasonaerts
x4

Post by jasonaerts » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:23

Guess I'm in the minority here but I'm really loving it, some rough edges, definitely not x4 but that's not what I was expecting nor was lead to expect. Pretty sure the UI issues can be solved and overall I think it's a solid foundation moving forward.
"Reality is just that part of the imagination we all agree on"

Engioc
x3tc

Post by Engioc » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:23

This is the kind of childish stuff I refer to in my previous posts. thanks very much for the obvious example mate.

Im12

Post by Im12 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:23

dubnium wrote:two insulting references to the mentally disabled is still better than what egosoft did with X, so whatever. buy a collector's edition of his post, it comes with a music video.

That was actually pretty funny. :P

Im12

Post by Im12 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:24

Engioc wrote:This is the kind of childish stuff I refer to in my previous posts. thanks very much for the obvious example mate.
Anytime Lad.

JessyBerbers
x4

Post by JessyBerbers » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:26

Maybe stop replying to childish shit like this and just reply to threads like mine that try to be constructive.

ice799
x4

Post by ice799 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:27

Joined Nov 16th... Troll... Doesn't even have a registered game... Move on people nothing to see here

authvoarex

Post by authvoarex » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:32

Is your tantrum over yet? Jesus I can hard believe the level of maturity shown on these forums the last few days. A bunch of babies spouting babel because they built something so unachievable in their minds that there was no possible way they'd be satisfied.

You touted the ability to explore the interior of stations... except you provided 3 models to use with exact same NPC spawns, AND item spawns. Are you ****** kidding me? Whats more is all the NPCs have this dumb-ass look on their face like they're autistic. Their character models look like they were ripped straight out of half-life 1, and the voice overs sound like you hired prepubescent down syndrome fifth graders to do them.
So your issue is that there aren't enough NPC models, animations, and meshes? Do you realize how petty that is? What they've established is a framework for the internals of space stations. It is almost embarrassingly simple for Egosoft to go back in after the fact and add additional models, animations, and scripted behaviors (like random spawning). However in the grand scheme of the game design these are typically considered "low priority" and were not given the appropriate level of polish.

I'm suppose to run a trade empire yet I have to get off my ass and walk to every single NPC in each station that I want to trade with? EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's like a billion years in the future and no one has comm systems? You can hail a ****** ship kilometers away but you can't hail a stationary venue to trade with?
Yet again you have no idea what you are talking about... You think this is some "fatal design flaw" that "no amount of patching will fix"? You know nothing John Snow. This is a minor issue that the developers could script out of the game for you by simply extending the current Comm system so that you can target all NPCs in a space station just as you can current target all NPCs in your ship. My guess here is that Egosoft didn't expect such nerd rage to ensue by the decision to not include this at launch (or they wanted to wait to see if it was actually something people wanted before adding it in).

Source: I'm a software engineer with 10+ years experience working on very large, very complex projects.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:36

Lol...my thread about Old Hands got locked because of one tiff yet this one is still open?

rodjohn

im 12

Post by rodjohn » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:37

hes very much right im afraid,only hes being very kind.i bought this game on the back of preve x games which ive followed since year dot. i cant even connect my joystick at the same time as my mouse it will crash to blue screen after a few moments. fine when i unplug joystick. tried several to make sure..but it is not the crashes and clitches,they can be fixed,its the foundation this is not an x game and certainly not pc.been caught out twice this year rome 2 now this,time to be very careful in the future.

slimgrin
x3tc

Post by slimgrin » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:17

I feel a bit duped, personally. They should have charged maybe 30 usd, not 50. It clearly needs so much work.

doctoxic
xr

Re: This game is a steaming pile of shit.

Post by doctoxic » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:37

Im12 wrote: This game is a steaming pile of shit.
arguably the best review of the game i have seen - concise, accurate and truthful :twisted:

aXeL_UK
x3tc

Post by aXeL_UK » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:48

authvoarex wrote: You know nothing John Snow.
lol All it made me think of was how that sentence ended....

Beergoggles
x3tc

Post by Beergoggles » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:56

Im only replying to this thread because a small part of me feels the same way. It is a Troll post by the OP but after 5.5 hours of game play I feel the same. It also makes me feel better that 90% of the game buyers feel the same way as I do. COMPLETELY let down. :cry:
aka db Black

Pirate Avatars - Pictures

Youtube - Channel

piep
x4

Post by piep » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:11

To be honest, the only mistake egosoft did, was to try to make out of a niche game, a game for the masses. And this not because they failed at it or anything (I am more than sure this game will deliver, just at the good ol' pace of egosoft/modders), but for the fact that the once mature community this franchise had, has been poisoned with your random steam user's opinion.

The saddest thing is by no means anything within the game, but to see the old neckbears one used to have constructive, enjoyable, rational discussions with, acting just like the underaged raging kids imported right from steam.

It's as if from one second to another all oldies have lost their minds, memory and most important analytic thinking. You should have expected all this as you should now expect fixes and awesomeness delivered in the next few months. Clues were and are all around the interweb. And yes, I am refering to the old fans only; what would be the point in talking to a raging kid at his peak, who comes to these forums without a single drop of respect and manners, probably venting frustration after his main raging moment at CoD ghost devs or <insert random steam/ea ****** title here>.

Nomadian

Post by Nomadian » Mon, 23. Jan 17, 09:32

jasonaerts wrote:Guess I'm in the minority here but I'm really loving it, some rough edges, definitely not x4 but that's not what I was expecting nor was lead to expect. Pretty sure the UI issues can be solved and overall I think it's a solid foundation moving forward.
Seriously? It's been 3 years and people are still talking about how it can be fixed?

I logged in just to see if they ever fixed the game...

I guess I'm off to watch the Hitler on Egosoft Youtube video again. I can use a good laugh right now. Maybe I'll check back again in another 3 years.

Enjoy.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Jan 17, 09:43

When you come back in another three years, maybe you could look at recent material rather than dredging up a 3 year old thread and quoting a 3 year old post and then wondering why nothing has changed. :roll:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”