Stuck on starter mission - Selling energy cells

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpectralThundr

Post by SpectralThundr » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 07:31

Gruug wrote:
Andry_1979 wrote:Hello, gyes. I've completed this mission (to buy cells and to sell).

After getting all discounts in sector where you must buy the cells, do it next way:
1. approach to the highlighted mission icon. then click it once.
2. then enter->(4)Trading
3. choose option to buy cells (100).
3.1 As was written by few post earlier, do not take additional mission, reject it.
4. then you can meet your freighter, and cling to it. just wait, while freighter performing your task (planned trips = 1).
5. After buying cells planned trips will be reset to 0 and you will receive message about completion buying.
6. Then fly to station, where cells must be sold.
7. Open all discounts (60-70% for profitsss) and repeat point number 1 (i.e. click mission icon once and etc, but now you have to sell cells).
8. After choosing option "sell" (through enter->(4)Trading), you must open mission manager (enter->(2)Info->(5)Mission manager) and then click on mission and then click Set active and Guidance (shaman's dancing :lol: ).
9. Repeat point number 4 (shaman's dancing :lol: ).

Mission completed )
I was able to do the side mission (drop off the person at the asteroid) AND complete the energy cell mission. It took some experimenting but what I did was purchased the cells as instructed. My freighter acknowledged the pick mission. I then (before freighter arrives) picked and did the courier mission. I then SOLD the cells previously purchased. At this point I had the same issues as everyone else with the freighter just coming over but sitting some distance from the HOA asteroid. I tried setting the "Active" and "Guidance" but as soon as I did the freighter left the system. I managed to track it via the maps and found it went all the way back to where you pick it up in the first place. It then came all the back and parked. So, just for sheer frustration, I DID NOT re-buy cells but instead resold them. At this point, I click on "GUIDANCE" ONLY. The ship moved away from the asteroid and back towards where it had picked up the cells. I just watched it. It then turned around and came back and lined up with the asteroid drop off point just fine. Moved in and unloaded the cells just fine. From the time I set the "GUIDANCE" only to completion took about 15 minutes.
Do you need to dock with the trade ship before you try buying the cells?

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:25

After being able to easily get past this. Then crashing. Going back and instead doing a mission while waiting and running into the issues described here. I would figure that the thing to do is not do the side missions while waiting because as soon as you leave the area it gets told to follow you. But at the same time its ordered to buy/sell energy cells so it just gives up and says "fk it, i'm not doing anything."

reqw
x4

Post by reqw » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:43

It is vert confusing Wien buing seiling bur i blive i know the problem with seiling the energy. Ther is a buy order up for 900 United at the plass you are sponsede to sell at and you can not sell the 100 unit before you have sold it the 900 Units as it will not show up under trade until you have put in the 900 units to sell.

Teln3t

Post by Teln3t » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:44

+1 to this bug existing. Trading was working fine until somehow magically I hit "3 trade orders" and I couldn't execute anymore. The ship then just stood still in the sector where it bought some Energy Cells and would not budge.

Fix A) Remove the cap of number of orders possible.

Fix B) Allow me to remove previous orders. (to delete them, essentially).

Fix C) Both fix A and fix B. 8)

spool1

Post by spool1 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 10:10

I managed to do this? Took me about 15 minutes. Not sure what it was that I did but basically sat outside destination station trying to order my freighter to deliver them and after a bunch of fiddling it was done. Again, no idea what I did =S It doesn't matter anyway, I played for another 2 hours and then game crashed, lost 1.5 hours gameplay and know my save game is broken and when I load in I cannot move my ship or press any keyboard buttons apart from ESC =S

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:17

Could the problem be in accepting the recommended side quest? Just when I accepted it, it was buggy, the waypoint appeared within the station and was called some_techinical_jardon_or_other. Think I have that right :-)

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:23

caleb wrote:
HowDoYouPurr wrote:I have the same problem but its because the trade menu when it moves between you and the co-pilot just does not pop up at all. If if did no problem but that is where EVERYONE is getting stuck or damn close to it. Make it so that menu actually pops up and we can get past that mission. I'm not even at the sell the energy cells I cant even buy them
I had that problem with the screen not coming up from the console. Reloading does not fix it, but docking into a station, and launching again will fix that specific problem. At least it did for me.
Same worked for me, thanks so much for the pointer/tip/fix :)

LA

metanoia
x2

Post by metanoia » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:40

I had the same problem of my cargo ship not delivering the energy cells. I tried everything but it wouldn't play ball. Unfortunately all my saves were after the problem or stuck in a locker. So I started again, I did this..

1. Bought 100 energy cells exactly off the first trader via the trade menu not by selecting the station and clicking buy energy cells.

2. I didn't except the extra courier mission

3. I waited about 25 minutes, and watched the goods finally get loaded

4. Flew to the sale point, clicked the station and sold the 100 energy cells.

5 Waited about 5 minutes and my transporter turned up and unloaded.

I think the key is to make sure there is only 1 trip in the queue at a time and be paitent, don't keep clicking menu options and rebuying/selling energy cells.

AND

SAVE SAVE SAVE

reqw
x4

Post by reqw » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:51

I this work around worked thx. Well seams the problem have something to do with the queuing maby .

daznis
x4

Post by daznis » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:54

I have a new problem. My next button is disabled :( Don't know if i should bother with restarting the game of wait for the patch :(

metanoia
x2

Post by metanoia » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:03

daznis wrote:I have a new problem. My next button is disabled :( Don't know if i should bother with restarting the game of wait for the patch :(
You probably have 3 trips planned, this is when it gets stuck.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:18

AquaBoar wrote:I'm experiencing a bug where the stating I'm attempting to sell to doesn't recognize my ship's cargo.
Having this issue myself too, not the other though: Since I had gigantic delays when the transport was ment to load up 100 e-cells, I gave the command 4x - ending up with 400 e-cells in the hold which are visible in the ship's properties now. During this loading time I did several kill and patrol missions.

Yet, the selling dialog tells me that I don't have any such ware, and subsequently refuses to continue the mission. Wonder if anyone has a solution for this one ? Too bad that you cannot even drop wares anymore, would be worth a try to start over this mission like that.

Mordin Ashe
x4

Post by Mordin Ashe » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:25

I hope they fix this soon. Even though I enjoy the combat missions in the mean time and become quite rich, I do want to go on.
Also, I hope trade is their first feature they redo or alter, right now it is too slow and messy. I don't mind waiting itself, but sitting for 30 minutes and doing nothing is cleary not a right way of things to be.

The worst thing is that the great story starts not long after this passage.

Ravenhurst

Post by Ravenhurst » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:28

metanoia wrote:
daznis wrote:I have a new problem. My next button is disabled :( Don't know if i should bother with restarting the game of wait for the patch :(
YES - 3 trips planned, where are the trips shown and where do I cancel these? I have no idea what the hell is going on with those menus, driving me crazy, some buttons grayed out too.. arghhh

metanoia
x2

Post by metanoia » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:46

Restarting isn't that bad to be honest, you should have a grasp of what's going on, I got back to this mission in about 40 minutes

metanoia
x2

Post by metanoia » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:46

Ravenhurst wrote:
metanoia wrote:
YES - 3 trips planned, where are the trips shown and where do I cancel these? I have no idea what the hell is going on with those menus, driving me crazy, some buttons grayed out too.. arghhh
And therein lies the problem, you can't see them or cancel them. That's why loads of people are stuck here.

swlloyd3

Post by swlloyd3 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:57

Just thought I would post a little update for people having issues with this mission.... Currently re-loaded a save prior to buying the energy cells (was not able to do this last game save).

I am currently sat floating just outside my capital freighter waiting for it to load the energy cells. I did not accept any side missions, I purchased the cells from the trade menu, I have the confirmation from the freighter telling me they will get right on it :) and also only showing 1 trips planned.

Been waiting 30 minutes and nothing has happened yet :( is there a way to speed up the game time like SETA from previous games?

It looks like there are a tonne of energy freighters waiting around the area so not sure if they have an impact on how long it takes for your freighter to send out the cargo loaders? Does anybody know if there is some kind of queuing system?

Also could the Dev's confirm if there is a way to cancel orders?

Snowy
x2

Post by Snowy » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 15:54

Had this same issue - retried it probably 20 times over several hours - eventually way I got around it was not accept a generic mission, only order 100 cells once, fly to destination and sell order there - then wait - have several cups of tea - eventually the freighter showed up and I just hovered over it for another 10 mins as it crawled into port - kept selling 1 unit at a time at first so took a few goes but got there in the end!

Very frustrating, but I expected such trials in a brand new X game - usually takes a year to iron the bugs out heh.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:48

Originally posted by Aristagoras:
If you experience the dreaded "TOO MANY TASKS" error simply open your savegame (documents/egosoft/XRebirth/12345/save) in any XML-capable editor, search for OWNER="PLAYER" (no caps) and then just find your energy trader. There shouldn't be too many entries for your property. Go to the [trade] and then [shopping] section, delete those three (!) trade orders, save the file.
Reload the savegame, issue the trade order for e-cells, done. That actually worked for me - finished the mission in less than 5 minutes. This is more or less a workaround for the coming CANCEL button in the trade menu Wink

It worked for me !!

-plz backup the save file before editing
-open your savegame file in wordpad for example
-ctrl+f to open a searchbox and type "shopping"
-delete the lines between the shopping entries
-save and reload

bump and thx Aristagoras for this, hope it will works for you

Confirmed, this worked perfectly

Specifically you are looking for THIS section

<shopping>

<trade id="[0x693]" seller="[0x8944]" ware="energycells" price="4" amount="100" min="100"/>
<trade id="[0x694]" seller="[0x8944]" ware="energycells" price="4" amount="100" min="100"/>
<trade id="[0x695]" buyer="[0x7557]" ware="energycells" price="4" amount="300" min="300"/>

</shopping>

remove all the trade elements so it looks like this

<shopping>
</shopping>

go back and issue the orders again and it will work!
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

swlloyd3

Post by swlloyd3 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:25

I don't really have the issue to trade limits as I was aware of that before I put in the orders (just the one). I have deleted that line anyway to reset the orders and re-issued the order in game - currently nothing happening, my freighter is just sitting there not buying the cells :( quite clearly a massive broken trade system.....I can't get it to even buy let only encounter the issues with selling that people seem to be having!

***UPDATE**** - ok seem to have got passed the issue with buying on the mission - If you are getting stuck it seems jumping over to the next system/sector and then back makes the freighter execute the trade :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”