Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:50

Various information, helpful links, workarounds and such to help players get into X Rebirth.

How to edit saves:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350404

What each NPC does:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347620

Info on trade:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=347914

Various videos to help players (on youtube)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 24#4285724

Galaxy Map (SPOILERS HERE)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=356830

X REBIRTH WIKI -- Look here and add to it to build up a base of knowledge for X Rebirth and Mods!
https://wiki.egosoft.com:1337/X%20Rebirth%20Wiki/

X Rebirth Capital ship guide
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4400578

X Rebirth useful save game edits
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=377686

X Rebirth Station Guide - Simoon
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4344760

X Rebirth Builder 2.0 (Factory Complex Calculator & Planner) - alexusvm
Last edited by BlackRain on Mon, 28. Mar 16, 01:29, edited 14 times in total.

Dirkpitt01
x4

Post by Dirkpitt01 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:54

I'm having trouble getting my freighter to move between sectors (blue not yellow). I gave them a command to dock at Lonely Giant and it is currently is a neighboring sector but it just sits there.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:58

Hmm, through a superhighway? Capital ships dont use the highways, they can travel very fast when moving between areas and such. Try giving the ship a manual command to move to the sector by calling up the pilot and selecting "new order" and then take me to... and then find the sector on the map and left click select it and then on the bottom click "select". See if it moves.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:07

If you need help or want something explained, now is the time to ask since I wont be on here forever heh. Just want to help people out since I know how frustrating it is at first.

beach07
x3

Post by beach07 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:10

Have you made it to the part in the campaign where you are offered to buy shields from a mechanic? I can't seem to buy shields from her or sell the shields I already have.

I move the slider to sell shields, press ok, then the next screen shows them still in my inventory.

I can't even move the slider when buying shields. I'm guessing that's because my ship is maxed (2/2).

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:10

Save first, then try to make space selling something?
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:12

Actually buying a shield will replace a shield, but you should sell your shield first since then you can pick which shield gets replaced. You might be moving the slider the wrong way. It definitely works. Let me go check in game.

beach07
x3

Post by beach07 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:17

Ah, turns out I WAS moving the slider the wrong way when selling. Oops.

BUT I still can't buy the other shields, only the shields I just sold. Is there some incompatability with certain shields I'm not aware of?

I'm trying to buy either the Behemoth Mk2 or Dashing Shield MK2, while selling my previously installed Steady Shield MK1. Do I need to have the MK1 versions first or something?

Something tells me I'm missing something basic, like the slider thing lol.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:18

Not sure if there is a limit of space for some upgrades for the Skunk
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:18

Do you have enough money to afford them? They are quite expensive. The numbers may seem confusing because it might say something like 30,000k (which actually is like 3 million or something haha)

Nukah

Post by Nukah » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:18

BlackRain wrote:Actually buying a shield will replace a shield, but you should sell your shield first since then you can pick which shield gets replaced. You might be moving the slider the wrong way. It definitely works. Let me go check in game.
Didnt for me. Sliders was locked, selling shields didnt help. I didnt pick up any random ware, i think its the most stupidest thing ever to be able to pickup loot everywhere in stations and ships. (and they are a pain to sell, too)

zone22
x3tc

Post by zone22 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:18

Can I accept jobs from my ship or do I have to be station/ship side?
Last edited by zone22 on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:18

santi wrote:Not sure if there is a limit of space for some upgrades for the Skunk
There is no limit of space for upgrades, you can have 2 shields, you can have 1 of each of the weapon types and 1 engine, and 1 scanner.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:19

zone22 wrote:Can I accept jobs from my ship or do I have to be station/ship side?
You can accept jobs from your ship, you do not accept jobs on stations. Just fly up to one of the job icons and accept the job.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:20

Nukah wrote:
BlackRain wrote:Actually buying a shield will replace a shield, but you should sell your shield first since then you can pick which shield gets replaced. You might be moving the slider the wrong way. It definitely works. Let me go check in game.
Didnt for me. Sliders was locked, selling shields didnt help. I didnt pick up any random ware, i think its the most stupidest thing ever to be able to pickup loot everywhere in stations and ships. (and they are a pain to sell, too)
You are doing something wrong or can't afford it or something. Are you playing Campaign or Free mode?

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:21

Can one play without actually leaving the ship? When I must leave the ship and deal with NPC?

Hope there will be a mod that allows avoiding all FPS experience :/

ShiBDiB
x4

Post by ShiBDiB » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:21

In free play where can I find missions? All I find are trading missions and the rare combat one.

beach07
x3

Post by beach07 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:21

Nukah wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue. Not sure if newly bought shields replace older ones since I haven't been able to buy new ones yet.

zone22
x3tc

Post by zone22 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:23

can you give step-by-step instructions for this. I've tried accepting my first mission I can view the reward and the details, but nowhere is there to accept anything.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:27

beach07 wrote:
Nukah wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue. Not sure if newly bought shields replace older ones since I haven't been able to buy new ones yet.
I just went to a mechanic and was able to both SELL my shields and buy them back so it is working.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”