[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gamble999
x4

Post by gamble999 » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 00:50

Reinstalled, bit by bit, no Pirate Mammoths so far, MARS working correctly (no error messages like I was getting a while back) but still no Ore Mine. :( This game takes a while to get your economy started, but once it does oh boy...

The freaking pirates are making my life miserable, just got destroyed again by 2. Guess my Mercury Hauler is no match for them. :lol:

lolol
x3ap

Post by lolol » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 16:32

I am getting very low FPS with this mod installed.

I am running a GTX 780 so power is not a problem actually.

I have got a question:

How do I start the custom XRM Plot?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 17:57

There is no custom XRM plot.

The low FPS is more likely due to CPU or memory constraints than graphics card constraints. X3 is by default extremely CPU intensive; XRM just makes it worse.

lolol
x3ap

Post by lolol » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 18:13

How can i do this then?

"(Albion Prelude only) A replacement for the vanilla AP war has been created. The player can fight on either side and is given objectives to complete in order to "win" the war. "

skygunner58203
x3ap

Post by skygunner58203 » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 18:33

So I have a working XRM copy. Now I want to add in the cockpits mod, ecell generator and claim sector software. I'm mainly concerned about the cockpit mod.

If XRM is 05 and 06, should the mod be 07 or should I move XRM down to 06 and 07 and install the mod as 05?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 19:19

lolol wrote:How can i do this then?

"(Albion Prelude only) A replacement for the vanilla AP war has been created. The player can fight on either side and is given objectives to complete in order to "win" the war. "
Just go around blowing up Terran/Argon ships. If you blow up the stations in McCallum or Farpoint Relays, you'll pause the war for a short period.

The only way to actually win the war is to complete the AP 3.0 plot, which is a vanilla plot and not an XRM addition at all. I don't know if XRM's war stops if you beat that plot, though.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 20:07

lolol wrote:How can i do this then?

It's a little misleading. There are no objectives, you simply have to wage your own war on the Terrans and destroy theyr shipyards.

So nothing you can possibly do until you have your personally fleet capable of destroying entire sectors

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 22:14

That is not true. There are objectives that are outlined in the initial message you receive at the start of a new game. The war can be won by completing these objectives.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 22:16

skygunner58203 wrote:So I have a working XRM copy. Now I want to add in the cockpits mod, ecell generator and claim sector software. I'm mainly concerned about the cockpit mod.

If XRM is 05 and 06, should the mod be 07 or should I move XRM down to 06 and 07 and install the mod as 05?

You need to use the xrm compatible cockpit addon - no other cockpit mods are compatible. The instructions are on the first page of this thread.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 22:52

paulwheeler wrote:That is not true. There are objectives that are outlined in the initial message you receive at the start of a new game. The war can be won by completing these objectives.
Isn't the war only 'paused' for a short while if you destroy the opposing Relay? I wouldn't really call that 'won', which implies some kind of finality. I haven't explored that option yet, since it does seem to require a massive player-financed fleet.

---

Any news on v1.3? I'm waiting on really working on my TC Plots in XRM:AP mod until that comes out. What kind of changes are in it?

SilenceOfHell
x3tc

Post by SilenceOfHell » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 05:54

Is anyone else having a problem trying to get the researcher onboard a TL ship in the Breaking Grounds plot? I'm sure it has to do with the fact that the Cargo-Life Support is a built in component for all TLs?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 06:00

Yeah, that's a known problem, and for exactly the reason you mention.

SilenceOfHell
x3tc

Post by SilenceOfHell » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 09:46

Is there a file I can edit to remove the Cargo-Life Support from one or all of the TLs? I tried the cheat script out of desperation but of course that didn't work as it can't be added/removed (Added I mean because it already has one)

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 09:52

The fix for this is coming in v1.30. In the mean time you can use the Mobile Mining Base Ship - cheat one in to do that part of the plot, then destroy it afterwards.

froger
x4

I need some help

Post by froger » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 12:00

Okay so I installed XRM and it worked fine the first time but when i reinstalled it I find that these two (SS_WARE_SW_NEW6)(SS_WARE_SW_NEW7). I have run crycrow's plugin like the XRM thread said in the install area. So any help is appreciated.

SilenceOfHell
x3tc

Post by SilenceOfHell » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 17:40

Ah thanks Paul. I thought it the component was built in to ALL TLs.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 19:02

@MutantDwarf:
It might be worth to try out what happens, if one would overtake the sector where the Far Point Station is located ( or it´s Terran counterpart McCallum ) with STO for example. That script prevents enemy ships from respawning automaticaly ( an doesn´t allow the GoD to build any stations of the former owner, afair ) when the sector is in your ownership, but i´m not sure about those special plot related bases.

Concerning the CLS in ships: normaly, if CLS would be blown up the marines aboard the ship should be able to survive using their space suits ( at least some of them ), but are just lost.... which is quite a loss due to the time and costs ( esp. the time ) to drill them. And since i´m using my TL´s as repair docks ( with marine repair script ), i will have to watch them even more carefully :shock:

paulwheeler
x3tc

Re: I need some help

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 10:03

froger wrote:Okay so I installed XRM and it worked fine the first time but when i reinstalled it I find that these two (SS_WARE_SW_NEW6)(SS_WARE_SW_NEW7). I have run crycrow's plugin like the XRM thread said in the install area. So any help is appreciated.
These wares are installed by a script - Commodity Logistics Software by Lucike I believe. Its nothing to do with XRM.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 17:38

UPDATE RELEASED - v1.30
------------------------------------

Update for TC and AP users.

Albion Prelude must be updated to v3.1 BEFORE running the update patch.

Note - the Steam update will put back the 00044.xml file into your addon\mov folder. Please remove it before loading X3.

If continuing a 1.29 XRM save it is essential that you follow the update instructions below.

!!PLEASE READ THE PATCH INSTRUCTIONS!!

COMPONENTS THAT REQUIRE UPDATING:

XRM Part 1
XRM Part 2
Hull Packs
Advanced Universe

Part 3 does not require updating.

Please ensure that you recopy all scripts from Part 2 as many have changed. Just copy and paste them into your "scripts" folder overwriting the originals.
AP Users - copy scripts from the folder "scripts_AP" to "addon\scripts"
TC Users - copy scripts from the folder "scripts_TC" to "scripts"

Ensure you update XRMINST.xml in your director folder

SHIPS THAT REQUIRE CLONING:
If continuing a save game

I

SHIPS THAT MUST NOT BE IN SECTOR DURING UPGRADE:
If continuing a save game

Atlas
I

Changelog:

Fixed - Left/Right Weapon Turn-in on I and Atlas
Fixed - Increased rep with the Independent Race so all wares can be bought from the XL Weapons Dealer
Fixed - Removed built-in Cargo Bay Life Support from all TLs for AP 3.0 plot compatibility (AP Only)
Fixed - Incorrect race owner on stations in Family Rhy
Fixed - Reverted Oort Cloud and Kuiper Belt security level to Border (New start required to see this change)
Fixed - Crash when starting new game in OSX

Added - AP v3.1 compatibility
Added - Automated repair script for Maintenance Pods (Thanks to Dr Bullwinkle)
Added - External Docking to I (AP Only)

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS IF CONTINUING A V1.29 XRM GAME - BOTH TC AND AP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow these instructions to fully benefit from all the above fixes in a continuing game.

- Update all XRM components required

- Load your save.

- If not already enabled, enable the script editor (change pilot name to "Thereshallbewings")

If running Albion Prelude:

- Open the script editor and scroll down to the following script: "temp.xrm.1.29to1.30patch.AP".

- Hit "r" then enter twice to run the script

If running Terran Conflict:

- Open the script editor and scroll down to the following script: "temp.xrm.1.29to1.30patch.TC".

- Hit "r" then enter twice to run the script

A new game does not require these patches to be run.

NOTES:-

Your TLs will instantly lose their built-in CBLS - so if you have marines on board, move them elsewhere until you can install a bought CBLS.

To automate repairs using your maintenance pods, simply go to the Pod's Command Console and select the "special" commands. You will see two repair options. Don't forget to mount your Quantum Pulse Repair Lasers and stock up with Quantum Tubes first. Thanks to Dr Bullwinkle for providing this script.

P.S. Apologies for the length of time it has taken to get this update out. I have had an extremely busy summer with both my day job and gigging. Its all calmed down a bit now, so it shouldn't take so long till the next update.

That said, I expect to slow down updates to this mod once Rebirth has been released, as I fully expect most players (including me) to migrate to that platform. Whether or not their will be an XRM for Rebirth... well we'll just have to see how the balance is...

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 21:24

You might also need to check whatever file's responsible for "Betty's" voice lines, I've reinstalled both X3AP and XRM, but have noticed she doesn't say the name of the Fusion Bomb Launcher & Cheetah (among others) anymore.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”