NEWS: X3: Albion Prelude Update 3.1 is now available!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

NEWS: X3: Albion Prelude Update 3.1 is now available!

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 22:00

The year is 2013 A.D. The DevNet and Egosoft developers are now entirely working towards the release of X Rebirth. Well, not entirely... One small group of dedicated DevNet volunteers are spending their spare time to improve X3AP. And life is not easy for the few remaining bugs.

In X3AP 3.1 several problems with the Shady Business and Corporation Troubles Plots from Update 3.0 have now been fixed. Also thanks to our DevNet translators the complete French and Chinese translations of the Update 3.0 texts as well the Spanish translation of the Shady Business Plot texts can be provided with this update. A big thank you goes to the translators of the x3tc.ru community, who provided the missing Russian texts.

As usual the Steam client will automatically update your game to the latest version, provided it has not been configured to prevent this.

[ external image ]

Changelog:

New Features and Improvements:

- Crash dumps are generated on game crashes
- Updated Chinese, French and Russian localisation files with 3.0 texts
- Updated Spanish localisation files with Shady Business plot texts

Fixes:

- Fixed station invincibility bug
- Fixed joystick not working after Alt+Tab
- Fixed crash in mods when missiles are fired from docked ships
- Several fixes in Corporation Troubles mission:
-- Fixed Talk to <invalid> offer after plot has ended
-- Fixed problem with vanishing mission offer
-- Fixed case where Sergeant to talk to was an "Unknown Object"
-- In the same mission, fixed ability to employ pirate services
- Fixed comm menu issue in Shady Business plot
- Fixed issue with Russian voice samples
- Various text corrections
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 8. Jul 16, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

danielbrummitt

Post by danielbrummitt » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 14:26

Is this update ever coming to Mac? I heard the updated Windows files for the 3.0 update from back in May can manually be placed in the app. Any info would be appreciated.

(If Mac haters could refrain from telling me to buy a MS Windows licence I'd really appreciate it :) )

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 14:40

VP will not be providing any further updates for their ports. Our own Linux and Mac ports of X3AP are currently in Beta on Steam and are already updated to 3.1.

danielbrummitt

Post by danielbrummitt » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 15:36

Excellent news, thanks. Do I need to do anything to to subscribe to the beta or is that what you get on Steam.

Thanks

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 15:52

French powa ! Merci DevNet !

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 16:09

There is also an announcement topic in the French forum, now. ;)
danielbrummitt wrote: Do I need to do anything to to subscribe to the beta or is that what you get on Steam.
The MAC version, which is currently available on Steam, is the Beta version. I think, you should be able to register your MAC version on Steam and get access to the Steam version then. Or of course, if you already own the Steam Windows version, you also own the respective Steam MAC and Steam Linux versions.

All other relevant information about the MAC Beta can be found in its support thread in the Technical forum.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Thu, 26. Sep 13, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 16:44

Its 2013 A.C. ?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 16:55

Corrected to A.D. :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 17:07

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
danielbrummitt wrote: Do I need to do anything to to subscribe to the beta or is that what you get on Steam.
The MAC version, which is currently available on Steam, is the Beta version. I think, you should be able to register your MAC version on Steam and get access to the Steam version then. Or of course, if you already own the Windows version, you also own the respective MAC and Linux versions.
To clarify, if you have a registration code for your VP version of game then you can activate that on Steam and you will have access to the game for all platforms. Similarly if you buy the game on Steam, you will have access to the game for all platforms.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 20:56

Thanks guy's, Just great work. Other company's could learn about this kind of support for a game :roll:

Kodiak88
x3tc

Post by Kodiak88 » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:14

Steam auto-updated my game, even though I have auto-updates turned off, and now all of my savegames won't load due to "corruption" and the long list of mods I just merged together will need to be redone.

New patches are always welcome, but it would be nice if there was a reliable way to postpone installing them, to downgrade the auto-installed patches.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:21

Golden_Gonads wrote:Its 2013 A.C. ?
It's confusing, I can tell you. :s No idea, why in English it's B.C. (before Christ, an English abbreviation) but A.D. (Anno Domini, a Latin abbreviation). Anyway, thanks for the hint. And thank you for the correction @CBJ.
Kodiak88 wrote:New patches are always welcome, but it would be nice if there was a reliable way to postpone installing them, to downgrade the auto-installed patches.
Create a second installation by copying your whole X3TC Steam folder (including the X3AP "addon" directory) to another place. Add the NoSteam.exe to that X3TC folder and you have a totally seperate installation of X3AP, which Steam won't touch no matter what you do. (Just note that savegames and screenshots will still be saved in the same directory in Documents\Egosoft\X3AP.) Leaving your Steam installation a vanilla installation without any scripts and mods installed, so you can safely update without having to risk your savegames.

Speaking of scripts and mods, I posted the list of updated / added files in the AP Steam Patches Documentation thread in the S&M Forum now. The X3AP 3.0 NoSteam.exe can still be used with X3AP 3.1.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Barklight
x4

Post by Barklight » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:28

Awesome, thanks for the update. I'm really happy to see that a few of you are still taking the hammer and chisel to AP while the rest of the team polishes XR :)

Really happy to hear about the alt+tab joystick fix. Just started a new game over the weekend after not playing for 5-6 months and was starting to get annoyed that my throttle and POV hat would cut out after switching windows.

Keep up the good work!
Insert something witty here, some day...

Kodiak88
x3tc

Post by Kodiak88 » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:39

X2-Illuminatus wrote: Create a second installation by copying your whole X3TC Steam folder (including the X3AP "addon" directory) to another place. Add the NoSteam.exe to that X3TC folder and you have a totally seperate installation of X3AP, which Steam won't touch no matter what you do. .
I do have that, for mod testing and experimentation without messing up the core game. However my working combined mod sets for 04.cat and .dat are now deleted thanks to the update, and I know I've made some edits that aren't saved in my testing partition. I'm going to just delete AP from steam entirely and restart from my backup though, which will hopefully let me continue my current game instead of getting "file corrupted" message. Otherwise I'll update my mod list to 3.1 and then delete AP's connection to Steam and forget they were ever linked. Extraordinarily frustrating.

If auto-updates are turned off, then I shouldn't be getting any auto-update from Steam regardless. I'm not blaming the Egosoft team for Steam's lack of functionality and usefulness, just venting here. Will Rebirth be given a No-Steam .exe so users can avoid similar issues with it as well?

JoeCool
x4

Thank you!

Post by JoeCool » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 22:08

...and this is why I'll always buy your games. :)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 16:49

I'd like to stress a huge THANK YOU to everyone how helped test out the fixes to X3AP 3.1. While some of the issues affected only a small percentage of players, support begins with the X community.

So again, thanks to everyone in DevNet who time out of their busy schedules to help polish X3:AP!

blackmilan
xr

Post by blackmilan » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 21:02

Thank you very much, this sounds great!

Is this update preventive and corrective regarding the Corporation Troubles plot mission? Meaning will save games already having the "Talk to <invalid>" issue also be fixed after loading or is the issue only prevented if you are not yet at this point in the plot?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 11:04

It currently only prevents the "Talk to <invalid>" offer to show up, when you have not yet completed the plot. However, we're also having a look at removing that offer in existing savegames, when the plot was completed already.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 03:42

To the remaining bug's, thankyou.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

rkrisher
x4

Support

Post by rkrisher » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 01:38

Since this last update I have been having issues with the Linux version crashing. Right before it crashes I usually have some graphics anomaly like black squares where my gun load-out, ship hull/shields and gravitar should be. Before that played many hours no issue. Already tried different graphics drivers i.e. stock Debian, Proprietary Debian and Straight from the NVIDIA site. I can not find a Steam forum to post my issues.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”