Mk3 traders

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jacob Valance
x3ap

Mk3 traders

Post by Jacob Valance » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 19:25

Why don't my traders buy drones or advanced sattelites? I had a level 24 trader in a mercury tanker xl set on sector trader starting in powercircle and trading in a three sector radius, it never bought drones or a laser. It didn't even buy a jumpdrive when i set it to universe trader. I had all the argon sectors covered with advanced satellites in that general area.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 19:45

Do any of the stations in the area your trader is operating in make them or stock them check your encyclopedia to be sure.

Jacob Valance
x3ap

Post by Jacob Valance » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 19:47

Home of light terracorp hq sells jumpdrives. I had an advanced satellite covering the sector. It was in range of my trader and it had enough money to buy the jumpdrive. It disn't buy it however. This is with the trader set to UT

CTHM
x3ap

Post by CTHM » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 20:01

Unfortunatly, MK3s do not make use of satelites, except as a ware.
And CAG/CLSs, you have to configure to use them. There is no advantage to it beyound your control over which sector they visit, within their jump range. You can find out how to configure CAG/CLSs in the bonus package sticky. In AP, you can blacklist sectors with the MK3 software.
In earlier games, you needed to equipt MK3s manually with jump-drive and other things.
I don`t know where the HowTOs for MK3 are in the forum, sorry.
Ships with the exploration software can deploy satelites automatically.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 20:23

Need both fight softwares installed before it will buy and use fighter drones.

Don't know why it didn't self install a jumpdrive. Should have done that when it reached level 12.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 20:30

Jacob Valance wrote:Home of light terracorp hq sells jumpdrives. I had an advanced satellite covering the sector. It was in range of my trader and it had enough money to buy the jumpdrive. It disn't buy it however. This is with the trader set to UT
UTs don't buy their jumpdrives from stations, they come by special delivery (an actual ship, iirc). There's a slight mark-up on the price, but it is one way you can get hold of jumpdrives if you have horrible rep with everyone who sells them.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 20:46

This is most likely the script that X3 uses (minus the addition of jumps for sector traders that starts at level 6 and adds a jump range every 2 levels after that... and stops leveling at 20.):

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=55213

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 25. Sep 13, 22:24

Threesixtyci wrote:This is most likely the script that X3 uses (minus the addition of jumps for sector traders that starts at level 6 and adds a jump range every 2 levels after that... and stops leveling at 20.):

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=55213
The X3R MK3s are (iirc) fairly closely based on the X2 BP script, but quite a lot of it was rewritten for TC.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”