[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 12. Jul 12, 10:18

If you don't bother about the *modified* tag, then update the CLS to its latest (unsigned) version (3700). A download link ("Warenlogistiksoftware_X3_V3700.zip") can be found in Lucike's archive here. This fixes some of the problems of the older version.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Dahkteromar

Post by Dahkteromar » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 16:35

I would like to tell you why I don't use this Software :P

First of all I try to create balance between production and consumption or at least sell faster than produce. In this way I can fully utilize my stations capacity. This requires proper calculus. I have to pay attention to every variable. Enough ships to buy resources and sell products. They must have appropriate cargo space and decent speed. Etc...

And what I can't do with this software is to count with the flight times. I can send them on their way and make up numbers to load and unload commodity and hope the wares will be enough. But I can't match the production and the selling properly because I don't know how much time the trade routes are going to take. They may transport too few or too much ware. So I have to plan their transportation way under the production and consumption level or they will fill up their cargo or they will have nothing to transfer after a given time.

Of course I could observe them and record their flight time but I would have to do so with every ship running this command and adjust them every time I make a change or start a new ship with CLS2. Not to say if their route is disturbed by pirates (or other ships in their way) then the whole plan falls apart.
Dahkteromar

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”