[SCR+MD][TC/AP] Station Hacking Software + plot "Suspect challenge" [v0.7 - 11/08/13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Juggernaut93
x4

[SCR+MD][TC/AP] Station Hacking Software + plot "Suspect challenge" [v0.7 - 11/08/13]

Post by Juggernaut93 » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 20:54

Station Hacking Software

[ external image ] Italian topic
[Now also available in Russian, thanks to biohazard15]

The Station Hacking Software is a software which allows you to hack enemy stations. There are two versions of such software: read the in-game description to know the difference between them. Once you have completed the mini-plot, you will gain access to all the special wares needed to use this software. You must solve three puzzles (someone of them picked from a TC plot ;) ) to successfully hack the station and there's anyway a minimum chance that the hack fails! ;) Have fun! :)

Download link (v0.7 - 11/08/2013): HOW TO INSTALL IT:
  • Extract the files from the zip archive into the "X3 Terran Conflict" or "X3 Terran Conflict/addon" folder if you use X3 Albion Prelude.
  • If your game isn't "modified" yet, you probably have to load, save and reload it to automatically start the plot*.
  • The "Hack Station MK1" e "Hack Station MK2" commands will appear within the Piracy commands of your ships. The "Station Hacking Software MK1" and the "Station Hacking Software MK2" are respectively required; you will obtain them PLAYING THE MINI-PLOT.
WARNING: if you want the other vanilla games to remain so, YOU NEED to remove "modified.txt" from "director" folder AFTER having installed the Station Hacking Software, so that the other games don't get "modified" tag. The current game will anyway be "modified".

*WARNING: YOU HAVE TO MEET SOME REQUIREMENTS TO START THE PLOT!
  • Fight rank greater or equal than 20 (Warrior).
  • Trade rank greater or equal than 18 (Master Broker).
This is NOT the definitive version. There may be some unknown bugs.

Moreover I'm not English, so sorry for any bad translation :oops: :P

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OPEN THE README INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD

Thanks to who helped me to test scripts: simone1998, Damiano880 e stonygate :)

Code: Select all

Change log:

v0.1 -> 0.7 - 11/08/2013
  - Initial version
- 0.2 -> 0.5
  - Bugfixes and script enhancements
  - Developing of the mini-plot
  - Bugfixes and mini-plot enhancements
  - Fixed a minor bug of the scripts

T-file: 9305
Text page: 9305
Wares used: SS_WARE_SW_X3TC_3, SS_WARE_SW_X3TC_4
Commands used: COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_60, COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_61
Text ID's on Page 17 used: 9305-9308
Last edited by Juggernaut93 on Tue, 20. Aug 13, 21:34, edited 4 times in total.

biohazard15
x3tc

Post by biohazard15 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 16:42

Nice work!
Will this mod work with Dillpickle's "TC Plots for AP"?

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 18:56

biohazard15 wrote:Nice work!
Will this mod work with Dillpickle's "TC Plots for AP"?
I didn't add any new station/ship models and I didn't modify the "conversation.xml" file so I think I should be compatible.

biohazard15
x3tc

Post by biohazard15 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 19:32

Juggernaut93 wrote:I didn't add any new station/ship models and I didn't modify the "conversation.xml" file so I think I should be compatible.
Yes, I've just completed plot and first hack, no problems so far. The password decryption is GREAT!!! It should've been in A New Home plot instead "USCWinters_something"...

I'm working on Russian translation (hope you don't mind :) ).

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 19:49

biohazard15 wrote:
Juggernaut93 wrote:I didn't add any new station/ship models and I didn't modify the "conversation.xml" file so I think I should be compatible.
Yes, I've just completed plot and first hack, no problems so far. The password decryption is GREAT!!! It should've been in A New Home plot instead "USCWinters_something"...

I'm working on Russian translation (hope you don't mind :) ).
If you will complete it, I'll be happy to include the translation into the zip file :)

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 11:23

Re-uploaded files with some minor text fixes and with Russian translation added :)

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 09:35

Greetings Juggernaut93,

You are not going to like what I have to say, but I tried your mod out and I must say, that it is a mixed basket.

The Good:

I was impressed by the mini-plot, even with the bad English translation it worked. I was happy when I got the software, and it didn't take too long to get a few crystals for my first attempt.

The Bad:

I thought when I downloaded your mod it would improve my X3 experience. It did not. The puzzles you used went from lame, to bad, to WTF. It was so bad I felt the need to express to you how much of a disappointment my experience with it was. I think I spent an hour dinking around with the sudoku which I managed to mess up once, only to find I needed to pull out a Hex, Binary, Octal, Ascii chart. Sure, let me just dig that up.

I would have had 1000x more fun pushing forks into my eyeballs. Or at the very least grinding faction rep to gain access to the station.

I am going to finish by saying that this mod is a detriment to ones X3 experience.

I recommend the following changes to make it worth using:

1. Remove the requirement for SS_WARE_LOGBOOK so that the mod will be XRM compatible.
2. Increase the hack range to 70k. There is no way one could survive hacking the Argon Prime shipyard within 5k in XRM with Improved Races.
3. Give the player one randomly selected challenge instead of the three you've implemented.
4. Instead of a random chance to fail the hack after three annoying puzzles, make it so there is a random chance to have to complete an additional challenge to block their counter measures.

Things to think about: if your going to force the player to complete mini-games to participate in the hack my advice is to try and make the mini-games fun. If that cannot be accomplished at least don't torture the player with inane and time consuming puzzles that require either multiple sheets of paper and or another window with a web browser open. and if you must torture us, random failure should not be an option.

Of course you could also just keep it as it is, but I would be very surprised if anyone other than a complete masochist would go through the process required more than once.

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 11:56

Sorry, but I have no time at the moment to make any modifications to the script, which is based on the previous scripts of a TC plot. Such changes would require a full code rewriting.

eveningztar
xr

Re: [SCR+MD][TC/AP] Station Hacking Software + plot "Suspect challenge" [v0.7 - 11/08/13]

Post by eveningztar » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 10:59

I would love to try this one but the link seems to be dead and I couldn't find any other DL link on this.
God doesn't play dice. Albert Einstein.

Juggernaut93
x4

Re: [SCR+MD][TC/AP] Station Hacking Software + plot "Suspect challenge" [v0.7 - 11/08/13]

Post by Juggernaut93 » Tue, 8. Mar 22, 16:58

eveningztar wrote:
Thu, 25. Nov 21, 10:59
I would love to try this one but the link seems to be dead and I couldn't find any other DL link on this.
Sorry, I didn't notice the notification until now. I was not aware that the hosting website shut down. This is annoying, because I can't remember how to pack those files back :lol: I'll have to look in my old HDD to see if I have a backup.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”