[SCR] [X3:TC/AP] [v1.9.8.12] [03/23/14] Galaxy Explorer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 11:39

you've set the satellites to spawn? And have enough money? Then all sectors will be covered.

If explorers first have to buy sats, there will be times when there are no sats available.
And if you can't afford them ...

Gyrehawk
x3tc

galaxy explorer question...

Post by Gyrehawk » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 00:56

I have downloaded the galaxy explorer file. I am trying to run the .exe file BUT it is not in english. sigh. I know this is my problem not the developer's. Is there anyone that can talk me though using the file by describing the buttons to push? and the way to point it to my x3 tc/ap folder? I appologise for not understanding the developer's language.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 01:10

That's a script and better be posted in the corresponding forum. But please don't post there again. A nice moderator will move this post soon.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 01:12

ty i wil wait for it to be moved. sorry. I should have known t hat. sigh. time to be yelled at again i guess.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 10:18

Ahh I see your problem, and I assume you are talking about this script.

The easiest way to install a script like this is to download and install the Plugin Manager.
After that, you just have to open the .spk file that is included in the zip that you downloaded and it will do the rest for you.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 15:19

ok, I have it installed in the x3tc/ap folder. however, it does not seem to work. do I need to start all over with a new game? I am trying to use it with an existing ap/bonus pack game and I do not see any commands but the ones in the bonus pack. what am i doing wrong>

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 20:57

i can't even find the command to configure the explorer. I only see the commands that appeared when I installed explorer command software which are nothing like the ones i read about for this mod. help please

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 21:06

If you post in the correct thread then I am sure that the author (gnasirator) will be happy to help you.

The Galaxy Explorer menu is on the Additional Commands menu in your command console.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Fri, 2. Aug 13, 23:54

I did post in the mod scripts forum. but ty for the answer you gave me. maybe i should just stop asking questions since i apparently don't know where to post them. the orginal was in x-universe which i said might not be right. the moderator lmoved it to scripts/mods. this w as a new post and i did not know galaxy explorer had its own. anyway i give up.

the menu is not in the additional commands. therefore my first question about needing to start a new game since I was trying to use it in a continued game with x3ap and bonus pack. i will look here later to see if author answers but as I said i am giving up with trying to post and getting mod answers about wrong place since I am apparently stupid.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Sat, 3. Aug 13, 08:34

No you don't need a fresh game. After correct installation, it will work.

You can try to open the .exe manually with winrar. You'll see then content folders then and can extract them to you /addon folder.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 02:05

ok I am thinking that I am putting the files into the wrong place. I have extracted the two files to the following:

c:\program files)x86)\steam\steamapps\common\xe terran conflict\addons

please, correct me if this is wrong, which it must be as it still does not show t he menu etc. I apologixe for all the trouble I am causing.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 10:48

Hi Greyhawk,

when you say " I have extracted the two files to the following" do you mean folders instead?

You should be copying the unpacked scripts folder and t folder to the addon directory not just 2 files. Then just allow them to replace existing files during the copy process.

I've been using the script in several versions of AP and not had any bother, I play using the No Steam exe as I play a modified game and don't want it adjusted. Not sure if steam is altering your files before you try to play through each time.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 15:27

yes I copy/extract the script folder and the t folder into the above location. When I open the command area of my explorer ship I don't see any kind of menu. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place. Is there any manual or guide to using galaxy Explorer?

I have the navigation command software mk1, special command software, jumpdrive, and mineral scanner installed. I can not find any menu/config, or setup for the explorer. I reallly am lost here. If I am bothering you guys too much just say so and I will forget it.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 16:21

Look for "Additional Commands" on the ship's Command Console. It is not in the same place as other menus.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 17:24

under additional ship commands i see

slot 1: none
slot 2: none

when I click these i get two weapon choices. nothing about explorer

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 21:42

Then the script is not installed properly.

Is this the first script that you are trying to install? Have you enabled the script editor?

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Sun, 4. Aug 13, 23:55

first script other than bonus pack. enable script editor???

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 00:01

Yep. See "Activating the Script Editor" in the FAQ's.

There is a little pull-out sidebar on the left side of your browser that contains some important links, including "Support" and "FAQ's".

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 00:07

ok I can do that. since you are being very helpful i will ask one more general question. tell me t o get lost if necessary. if the bonus pack, using Hephaistos Corp. – Station building service, at the end it asks me to select a position for first station. I can select the sector but then it goes to that sector and asks for a position. I thought i would just click on a spot in the sector with cursor but that does not seem to work. so, how do I select a specific position for it to start building?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 00:09

Ask in the correct thread and you will get a reply from the author.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”