[script] Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge [Updated: 2013.05.17]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cyrusx

Post by cyrusx » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 16:03

Hi.
Thanx for nice addon to universe )
There is a misspelling inside the scripts. Fixing removes a random crashes for me (too often while fighting a HiveQueen).

Script: plugin.ik2.hatch.cmd.xml
Line: 62 (70 plaintext)
Wrong code: $ship ->start task 10 with script 'plugin.ik2.egg.cmd' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
Must be: $ship ->start task 10 with script 'plugin.ik2.eggs.cmd' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 12:00

I tried to uninstall this today. I found the laser tower eggs to be too much of an immersion breaker so I changed all eggs to various mines. Seemed a bit better but when I try to target any of them X locks up.

So anyway, as I was saying I tried to uninstall and that went fine but now my X3 AP seems too boring. The new Khaak where the only significant danger I had! So I want it back... Awesome script!

Any ideas why it would lock up when I change the first eggs to SQUASH, and the second to Matter-Antimatter mines?

cyrusx

Post by cyrusx » Wed, 6. Feb 13, 13:22

Hi!
Binesi wrote: ...
Seemed a bit better but when I try to target any of them X locks up.
I got the same problem but no answers in this topic.

I tried to fix it myself, seems like I got it.

Just share my fixes: ik2-fixes-cyrus.rar

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 11:19

Thanks for that! So far, so good. Seems like you have it fixed.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 13:34

Where you can put the difuclt of this great scrpit??in x3R you can choose difccult but in this version i dont see..txs

cyrusx

Post by cyrusx » Thu, 14. Feb 13, 15:35

GDI-BOSS wrote:Where you can put the difuclt of this great scrpit??in x3R you can choose difccult but in this version i dont see..txs
you need to install Community Configuration Menu to configure various options of Improved Kha'ak

Joshua the Bear
x4

Post by Joshua the Bear » Fri, 1. Mar 13, 23:25

The Xenons have always focused on terraforming planets, yet we have always seen them destroy technology. However, our stations keep becoming bigger and more advanced, and the places were we build our colonies on are becoming smaller and smaller. What if the Xenon start seeing our stations as planets? It would lead them to investigate our stations before terraforming them - who knows, mabye they will learn?

- ATF Lt. "Grizzly"

How about that you make the xenon use their terraforming technology on stations as well, making them like the borg? You can have them slowly expand the universe, taking technology and adapting it for use into their fleets as they go along, and have them get accelerating growth: The more stuff they take, the more powerfull they become. For example, if they take a shipyard, they are suddenly able to produce a lot more ships, albeit ships from the race they took it from. So if they take a teladi shipyard, a lot of xenon teladi ships will appear, boosting the xenons numbers, which in turn makes it more difficult for the player or universe to respond. However, a player can seriously dent the progress of the xenon by destroying that shipyard, denying them the use of those Teladi ships and thus seriously weakening their numbers again.

You can make it work for weapons as well. Xenon fielding shockwave weapons (*DUN DUN DUN*).

Pirate2203

Post by Pirate2203 » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 19:48

Hi, parameter ETA: x min
What is this?

incarnyte
x3tc

Post by incarnyte » Sat, 13. Apr 13, 23:20

Awesome mod except I am having the same issue as an above post. Whenever I target one of the eggs (only the mine types) X just locks up on me. I tried to insert the script fix above and it is still happening. Any thoughts?

Echofinder
x3tc

Post by Echofinder » Sat, 27. Apr 13, 03:26

Just curious, are you still considering working on this plugin further? I've quite enjoyed the combat and my base has built up quite a bit of Nividium from scrapping extra ships; I'm wondering if there was something we could apply this to.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Thu, 16. May 13, 04:07

Hmmm, eggs causing lockups. Never ran into that one. Perhaps it is something to do with the recent patches. I have not had much time to play lately :(

If everything works out I will do a bit of tweaking this weekend. :D

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 17. May 13, 17:17

Untested r3 put up for use and evaluation. It fixes the bad script call that could take place when an egg was scheduled to hatch and there was no room in the wild Kha'ak queue for a new ship.

I think the mine issue may have been caused by running basic attack scripts on invalid objects, like mines, and those are now considered to be a protected class that will not have attack scripts ran on them.

I was not able to fully test these changes due to time constraints (Flying out to Denver next week...wheee!) so this is untested and can be downgraded/upgraded by just overwriting files. No restarts or anything needed :)

https://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/d ... IK2_r3.zip

I will be looking to merge in some of the changes in the above fix patch, as needed, this weekend as well. Let me know if there are more changes needed! :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 17. May 13, 21:28

7ate9tin11s wrote:Let me know if there are more changes needed!
I am not sure if this report qualifies, but in a couple of weeks of testing I saw no Kha'ak at all. Then I got side-tracked into testing the AP3.0 beta, so I was not able to test further. I am not sure whether that was an issue with the setup defaults or a conflict with something else or what.

If that report is useless, then don't worry about it. :) I only said something because you asked.

Katsuma
x3ap

Post by Katsuma » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 07:08

Well, I've only been using this mod for a day or so, and I love it to bits, but I've run into a frustrating issue. I'm not sure I'd call it a bug as I would a conflict.

Anyways, playing with XRM, Anarkis Defence System, and Kha'ak Invasion (plus a bunch of other mods which I don't think are relevant). I was lucky enough to capture a Kha'ak Advanced Carrier before I installed the mod, and I figured I'd tuck it away in some out-of-the-way sector and have it start laying eggs for me. However, activating the "Lay Eggs" command in the command console brings up the carrier configuration menu from ADS, and the command doesn't stay activated! I tried ejecting my carrier command software and trying again, but doing that removed both the ADS commands and the Lay Eggs command from my command console. Oddly enough, the Lay Eggs command works fine on my Kha'ak Advanced Destroyer, which also has carrier command software installed. The only difference I can see is that the Advanced Carrier is recognized and registered with ADS, and the Advanced Destroyer is not. I'll do a little more troubleshooting to try and figure out this issue, but I just thought I'd bring it to the thread's attention.

Oh, and I've been using the untested r3 version of this mod. If all else fails, I'll drop back to r2 and see if that fixes things.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 04:02

Using r3.
Experienced this above mentioned total X3AP "lockup" for the first time today. No clue as to why.
Yes, I was in a sector with eggs... but not 100% sure what I did and could not reproduce it.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 08:44

Katsuma wrote:...Oddly enough, the Lay Eggs command works fine on my Kha'ak Advanced Destroyer, which also has carrier command software installed. The only difference I can see is that the Advanced Carrier is recognized and registered with ADS, and the Advanced Destroyer is not....
If you did not make any changes to the original ADS, M2 class ships as the Advanced Destroyer are not taken into account by ADS.
I asume some Ship Command Slots conflict between ADS and IK2, but don't know exactly.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 19:24

Something is definitely not working ok with the eggs...
Because of the lockups I had both small and medium ones set to 0; and large eggs to 15.
Game has been running several days now with this settings and I just deleted over 350 large eggs in my universe using a script... I wanted 15(!) for testing.
Needs some more debugging here I guess.

Apart from the "egg problem" the script is awesome - the buggers almost nuked a 100+ stations complex of mine because I could not field enough military fast enough. Almost...

Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 20:59

Great script :) How to install it? :? I'm using AP 3.0 with 'TC plots for AP' mod.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 00:27

using Cycrow's plugin manager, I just installed as archive, work's like a champ

Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle » Fri, 25. Oct 13, 14:28

This script is just what I wanted, the features: Swarming Behavior, P2P Jumping, Eggs, Player Hatred, Hatchery Sector... etc seem very interesting, well done 7ate9tin11s. :D and I like how everything can be customized in this script. :thumb_up:

But I've noticed in the menu when customizing that swarms could be of any ships including non-Kha'ak ships like xenon, pirate... etc! Is that normal or I've done something wrong? well, if this is intended, can we set some of the swarms to be say xenon or pirate? :o

And I have an idea I think it would be well suited to the title 'Improved Kha'ak' which is about Kha'ak ship models: Can we easily change these models to those in the XRM Kha'ak ship models? but I only need those models for vanilla Kha'ak ships, i.e forget about 'Advanced Fighter', 'Advanced Corvette'... etc models. I'm not using the XRM.

Also I have a comment on the reward for killing the Queen and Kha'ak ships in general:

5,000 Cr for killing Scout
15,000 Cr Interceptor
50,000 Cr Fighter
200,000 Cr Corvette
500,000 Cr Carrier
1,000,000 Cr Destroyer

[Edit]

Reward for defeating the Queen should be something like:

5,000,000 Cr (plus the credits from killing other Kha'ak ships in the Hatchery Sector)
+Bonus in the form of huge amount of Kha'ak Weapons (lasers & missiles):
18 GKEs or so
250 Thorn, and a lot of Needles and Stings :D

Or the reward could simply be something like fully equipped Kha'ak Destroyer :wink:
Last edited by Golden Eagle on Sat, 26. Oct 13, 07:43, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”