[Script] Auto Begger v1.1 by Nividium 14/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[Script] Auto Begger v1.1 by Nividium 14/11/2008

Post by Nividium » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 17:15

Auto Begger for X3 Terran Conflict.
Name of Script Package: Auto Begger
Version Number: 1.0
Date Released: 14/11/2008
Last Updated: 28/11/2008
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.2.1:+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download Auto Begger v1.1

Description:

Auto Begger adds a custom ship command called [Beg]. This commands a Player owned ship to begin begging activities. This means the ship will jump into a sector and dock at every station within the sector. While docked your Begger will ask for credits. Statistics show that a Prof. Begger has a 25% chance of collecting 1000 - 5000 credits at every station they dock at. If they do not recieve substantial credits at the shops, then they will hang around the station's concord, and beg for credits until they obtain at least 100 credits. The first time you use this command on a ship, a Begger will automatically be hired to pilot the ship. If no SPP are currently set as known to the Player, the Begger will sell you your first cargo bay load of EC fuel to help you get going. Then, off they go begging and collecting credits for you. Beggers keep an undisclosed amount off the top for their wages.

Features:

The [Beg] Command allows your ships to automatically:
- monitor the level of, search for known SPP and buy fuel for their ship.
- monitor the condition of ship hull, search for known shipyards and buy ship repairs, if needed.
- monitor for enemy attackers and Jumpdrive out, if threatened or if under attack.
- buy more Engine Tunings, Rudder optimization, Cargo Space and Triplex Scanner if not installed.
- jumpdrive to sectors and dock at stations in order to collect credits for you.
- open up (set as known) new sectors for you as a result of their begging activities.
- collect 1000-5000 credits from every station they dock at or at a minimum at least 100 credits before going to the next station.
- Beggers have a greater expanded knowledge of sector locations than you do, so they will jump to new sectors and thus cause your Universal and Sector maps to be updated, if sector is not already known to you.
- Only Player owned ships can use this command. The Playership cannot.

Required Equipment:

- A ship that has good speed and plenty of cargo space for EC fuel ie: an Argon Express TP or any TP. (recommended)
- Jumpdrive (required)
- Optional Triplex Scanner (increased enemy scanning and sector view) will be bought by Begger (at some point if he docks at a station that sells them) if you don't buy one, he will eventually.

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Version History:
Version 1.00 Initial Release.
Version 1.10 Fixed upgrade script re shields purchase.

Command Slots Used: "<t id="746">COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_46</t>"

Text File Used: 7238-L044.xml
Last edited by Nividium on Sat, 29. Nov 08, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Gridd
x4

Post by Gridd » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:04

What a great Idea, I forsee using this the very next time I restart.
Thank you

Gridd

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:15

:lol:
That is hilarious!
I gotta try this...

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 21:35

o GOD, the beggers have invaded x3! WHAT NEXT???

this is good for a laugh, but i think i prefer to make money via fighting rather than begging.

BE LIKE A KLINGON

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 00:17

Interesting idea. So you send people out to get money. No one's ever thought of that before. Great stuff.

Oh, and it's spelled beggar. With an "a". Not important, just wanted to point that out.

:)

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 01:12

russbo wrote:Interesting idea. So you send people out to get money. No one's ever thought of that before. Great stuff.

Oh, and it's spelled beggar. With an "a". Not important, just wanted to point that out.

:)
What do you mean no one's thought of this before? He made a practically identical script for Reunion. Only you had Goner's going around begging for you, and only Goner ships (that you owned) could run the command. He's probably just rewritten it for TC. But if it works like it did in Reunion, then it's definitely good for early game, but the rewards don't really seem to be noticeable late-game. I'd probably give this 5 stars (if I could), considering it seems to do the same thing as the old one, only you don't need a Goner ship for it. YAY!

Intrinsic
x3tc

Post by Intrinsic » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 11:18

If i use this on a ship without a Jumpdrive will it still work? I'm early in the game(just got the ship from reaching Mars(?)) and v low on cash and not sure what todo with the ship so was wondering if i could just send it out using this script. Thanks.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 18:03

Intrinsic wrote:If i use this on a ship without a Jumpdrive will it still work? I'm early in the game(just got the ship from reaching Mars(?)) and v low on cash and not sure what todo with the ship so was wondering if i could just send it out using this script. Thanks.
No, a Jumpdrive is required and a TP class ship is recommended as well.

ranmori

Post by ranmori » Wed, 27. May 09, 04:37

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Wed, 27. May 09, 14:35

I live in the Medway towns - the "dog on string" brigade have been running this one for years.

:lol:

Seriously, though, I remember this script from X3R(?).

Liked it then, like it now.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 06:44

Nividium wrote:No, a Jumpdrive is required and a TP class ship is recommended as well.
Um... why? Since when have beggars needed high-tech scanning equipment, cross-universe jumping or cargo space?

This sort of activity is exactly the kind that tiny fast M5s should excel at (since they sure as hell suck for everything else :P ).
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

sferum

Post by sferum » Thu, 25. Jun 09, 11:11

COuld you make that the player can choose in which race's should be begged for money, and then loose notority with them?

Or that, if a police/military ships sees your begger and caughts him you have to pay a fee because begging is ilegal :roll:

Other idea could be that your begger flyes away with your ship and the money he has recollected if its to mutch...

It's a grat idea, but it feels for me like a bit cheeting... you should add to it a little risk... but please, dont understand this as a critic. They're just ideas you could add to give it a bit more realism....
Btw, you could add street musicians which also recolect money, like in real life, where in big citie you can find mafias of musicians, whose members, most of thema ccordeonist, work for a single person.

Good lck with your scripts!! :D
Looking foward for new stuff
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2213 ... 715ux8.gif

***MODIFIED***
Español - English - Deutsch

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 10:25

Would probably win the prize for most pointless mod. There are so many effective ways to make money in the game that this is completely redundant, barely on tick above a "put XXX amount of credits in my account" cheat.

Seriously, does it even make sense that a person who owns a friggin' spaceship would get any sympathy in space stations ? People would tell him to get off his ass and start trading.

Regardless, I appreciate the quirky nature of the mod. Perhaps someone who's seriously into role-playing may want a to start a custom game where he owns a broken down Discoverer and starts off a beggar who eventually builds a space empire. Kinda like a "Slumdog Space Station Millionaire" :)

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 06:52

Its funny though :D
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

Deathtoll666
x2

Post by Deathtoll666 » Thu, 20. Jun 13, 00:43

while i'm SURE this is NOT vanilla safe, it's still funny and SHOULD require that the ship and pilot be a Goner! :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”