Bullwinkle's List

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 25. May 13, 20:54

Pandora Tuning Ejector
[ external image ]
Pandora Tuning Ejector
[ external image ]

Pandora Tunings (over-tunings) are rare and precious. There are not enough in the game to significantly tune more than one ship, and that is probably OK.

But what happens when you change your personal "favorite" ship? Early in the game it might be an M3. Later an M6. What if one of new reward ships becomes a new favorite?

Pandora Tuning Ejector makes it possible for you to change your mind about which ship you want to be overtuned.

How to use
While piloting the currently-overtuned ship, press the hotkey. Each press of the hotkey ejects a pair of tuning crates (Engine and Rudder) until there are no more Pandora Tunings left on the ship.

Then switch to the new ship that you want to overtune and pick up the crates.

Warning: If you collect the Pandora crates in an under-tuned ship, then you will lose the Pandora over-tuning forever. Be certain that the new ship is already fully-tuned at a Trading Station.
Last edited by N8M4R3 on Thu, 22. Sep 22, 21:00, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: fixed broken Link fo file on download archiv

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 25. May 13, 22:04

Brilliant! Thanks!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 29. May 13, 11:03

EXPERIMENTAL Update

Improved Boarding (EXPERIMENTAL Version - new ware)
Improved Boarding (EXPERIMENTAL Version 1.24)
[ external image ]
  • Experimental Version includes:
  • New ware: Lower cost to match typical usage.
  • If installation of the ware fails, then the script will use the vanilla Transporter Device.
  • Improved Spacewalk Boarding. Marines are teleported close to the target ship before they begin boarding.
  • Thank you to mystermask for the FRENCH language file.

Important! I need your test reports.
This version is an experiment in handling the custom ware for greater compatibility with a variety of games. It should work for people who have had difficulty with the custom ware, and it should even work without the Plugin Manager (hopefully), so it is now packaged as a .zip instead of a .spk.

However, as far as I know, nobody has tried to distribute a script using these tricks. So I need to know two things:
  • 1) Do you have any trouble with the custom ware (the Boarding Transporter)? Does it install correctly? Can you buy it at Split Equipment Docks? Does it work?

2) If you previously had trouble with the custom ware, does this version solve whatever problem you had?

Thank you for your help.

adrianx
x3tc

Post by adrianx » Wed, 29. May 13, 19:01

DrBullwinkle wrote:Pandora Tuning Ejector
This is brilliant, no need to say more, thanks.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 20:20

New

Passenger to Marine
Download: Passenger to Marine v1.06

[ external image ]

Q) What do you do with ejected pilots that you pick up after you force them to bail out of their ships?

A) Conscript them into your marine force!

Adds an item to the Piracy menu: Convert Passenger to Marine.
  • (By default, this script creates untrained marines. You can change the setting in the t\9521-L0xx.xml file (id=101) to "yes". That will create partially-trained marines.)

This is a simplified version of Pelador's Convert Passenger to Marine. Thank you, Pelador.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 10:20

DrBullwinkle wrote:.

Cargo Hunter

ok..so i get it that u can search for staitons inside TLs after you turn on the AL option, but where does it display whether it has found one or not? in ur pilot log? or where exactly? cus I only get the turn on/off option, and even if i turn it on, there seems to be nothing happening, or i cant find where it is displayed saying the system have or have not found one of the stations im looking for

any clues?

Edit: removed full quote. X2-Illuminatus

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 11:07

Please do not quote entire posts. It adds nothing to the conversation and only makes a confusing mess out of the thread. A link will suffice (or, when referring to one of my scripts, just the name will do).

You will get a very obvious popup menu when the Cargo Hunter finds a TL with one of your chosen stations aboard. You cannot miss it. And, even if you do miss it, you will get a repeat alert every 5 minutes until you do something about it (or until the TL builds the station).

TL's with IBL foundries do not appear often, so Cargo Hunter is quiet most of the time. You can check that the AL Plugin is turned On (in your Gameplay menu / Artificial Life Plugins). When On, Cargo Hunter scans for a TL with one of your chosen stations every five minutes.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 17:06

got it, thanks a lot, and sorry for the entire quite...thought it could help u identify which script of urs im talking about, since you have a lot, which are all pretty good.

again thanks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 06:30

New

Occupy Wall Street
(Stop the Stock Exchange)

Download: Occupy Wall Street v1

[ external image ]

Description
Simple change to AP Stock Exchange scripts which stops the Stock Exchange. No more annoying popups when you enter a stock exchange; no more tempation to exploit your way to fame and fortune. :)

Installation
Install with Plugin Manager or copy the contents of the scripts folder to your games scripts folder (addon\scripts for AP).

If this is your first time installing a script, then see Installation Tips for more information.

NOTE: You will have to re-install this script after every Steam update. Just copy over the files, or install again with the Plugin Manager.

UnInstallation
Verify game files in Steam.

History
v1 (2013-06-13)
- Initial release. Idea from X2-Illuminatus and Paingod.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 01:08

New

Teleporter

Download: Teleporter v1

[ external image ]

Description
Hotkey teleports astronauts within range (including marines and plot characters).

May be expanded to include other objects in the future.

Installation
Install with Plugin Manager or copy the contents of the scripts and t folders to your games scripts and t folders (addon\scripts or addon\t for AP).

Assign a hotkey in the Controls menu (Interface tab, Extensions section; near the bottom).

If this is your first time installing a script, then see Installation Tips for more information.

History
v1 (2013-06-14)
- Initial release. Thanks to A.Persyn for his original Astronaut Teleporter Hotkey (part of Marine Corps).

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 06:15

ok heres the problem i mentioned earlier about "stopping dunring combat" in the other thread.

heres the list of scripts i use.

1.ADS
2.cargo hunter
3.custom start
4.detector scanner
5.long range cargo scan
6. marine repairs and training
7. MARS fire control
8.Mobile Mining MK2
9.pandora tuning ejctor
10.pirate guild
11.pirate and yaki rankings.
12.slipstream drive (your edition)
13.trade overview
14.yaki armada
15.MK3 Optimization
16.ASS
17.Advanced Thruster Control
18.Free Jumpes for AIs
19.Improved boarding(your hacked version)
20.NPC bailing
21.Salvage clain software
22.salvage insurance contract
23.signal targeted
24.universal best buys sells
25.upgrade kits
26.wing hotkeys

hope you can identify the problem?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 06:49

cryptonite1 wrote:my ship suddenly stops in a middle of a combat? like system would say auto-pilot off and my ship comes to a full stop, it even cuts off my control of my cursor, which i usually use as my "aim tool"... The weirdest thing is im not even auto piloting when im combating....but it still says "auto-pilot off"...and stops..

Hope you can identify the problem?
Well, you have to tell me what menu commands (on the command console) that you are using at the time when it happens. And anything else you can describe that would give me a hint.

I cannot see your screen -- so all I know is what you tell me. :)

Regarding your list, if the problem is caused by a menu command, then we can rule out hotkeys, game starts, and AL Plugins. That leaves:

1.ADS
7. MARS fire control
10.pirate guild
14.yaki armada
20.NPC bailing
21.Salvage Claim Software

I know that Salvage Claim Software runs an autopilot command when you use its menu. So that would be a possibility (if you use SCS when you experience the behavior you describe).

Of the rest, I only have much experience with MARS, and I never noticed an issue with it.

However, I use a joystick rather than mouse and keyboard, so it is possible that you are just noticing a mouse-related issue. If that is the case, then use one of the other mouse setups. I have heard that people report good results with Classic Mode plus Boresite Aiming. I cannot help you much more on mouse-specific issues. You do use the spacebar during combat, right?

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 07:28

no, actually, i use mouseleft button to turn ship during combat, and use Ctrl to fire at the "auto-aim" the game provides. and use AWSD to strafe, thats all, no space bar.

Im not using any commands during combat tho...yes i use commands like clicking on the sector map to get to far places and going through gates, and commands to command OOS ships, but i rarely use any sort of command on my personal ship which ever ship im piloting.... besides, most commands i use are from hot-keys, unless its a more complicated command. so i rarely use the "menu-command" as you stated...

PS. i always use SCS as a hot-key, "claim abandoned ship", and I use all of the time, but this issue only started happening recently, about 2 days ago, which i dont remember I install anything new...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 07:34

Here are some links I have collected about combat using a mouse. You may find a solution there. Or, at least, you should find some helpful tips:

Mouse Combat FAQ

Mouse Combat 2

Mouse Combat 3 - Mouse follow combat control

Mouse Combat 4 - Mouse follow combat control

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 10:34

hmm ok, thanks for helping out, ill look into it a bit more

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 22:33

thanks a lot Dr, for the help, although i found out what the problem was...

i have a habit of setting ALL my ships to use the "signal target" system, but it seems like you cannot turn that on on the "player ship" or else everytime an enemy targets you in combat, you lose control of your ship and comes to a full stop...

finally found out the problem, thought i should let you know.

btw, do you again, happen to know why some of my ship's cargo hold cannot be "0" zero? like i dumb every single cargo and even the equipments and upgrades to test, the cargo hold keeps saying there is like 2/4000 units of cargo in it, whats up with the "2"? any idea?

PS. would you be nice enough to host a link for WSE? the link on that thread does not work for me...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 23:42

cryptonite1 wrote:I have a habit of setting ALL my ships to use Signal_Targeted, but it seems like you cannot turn that on on the "player ship" or else every time an enemy targets you in combat, you lose control of your ship and comes to a full stop...

You cannot enable Signal_Targeted on the Playership. Attempting to do so will give you a list of ships running Signal_Targeted instead of enabling Signal_Targeted. However, I am guessing that you ran Signal_Targeted on another ship, then switched to that ship? I will put that on the list to fix for a future update. Thank you for the report.
  • (It is worth mentioning that Signal_Targeted does consume some CPU horsepower on each ship.)

why some of my ship's cargo hold cannot be "0" zero?

Did we discuss this already? My guess is improperly installed wares -- probably from some script. Try Super Script Killer (SSK) on the affected ship(s).

PS. would you be nice enough to host a link for WSE? the link on that thread does not work for me...
No. As is pointed out several times on the last page of that thread, the .spk link works just fine.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 12:49

hi, Dr, about the SSK, it works fine, but the first time i pressed the button on a ship, it strips all its wares, and they disappear, is this normal? where did the wares go? by wares i mean its shields and lasers, not the upgrades like "boost extension" "Docking Computer" etc...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 12:59

cryptonite1 wrote:the first time i pressed the [SSK hotkey] on a ship, it strips all its wares, and they disappear, is this normal?
No, that is definitely NOT normal. :)

SSK builds a nearly-perfect clone of a ship, then deletes the original. By nearly-perfect, I mean that it includes all guns, shields, equipment, cargo; even marines are preserved with their appropriate skill levels. Only a few of the default settings cannot be preserved (and, of course, SSK clears any script variables, tasks, or commands, which is the point of doing it that way).

Try it on a few more ships (do not save your game; just try it). Target a ship, press the hotkey. Repeat on several ships. Is there a pattern to which ships do not reproduce correctly?

If it is only your "broken" ships that do not reproduce correctly, then that is probably the answer to your mystery cargo; the ships were broken.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 18. Jun 13, 13:56

ok, i tried it on another ship, and this time everything seems to be right except for all the commands that are set to default, which i know is suppose to do that, ill update you if anything weird happens again

again, thanks

edit: yes, i tested it a little bit more, and it strips the shield from my "Falcon Hauler" and not from other ships so far. the original reason I DL SSK is also because this Falcon(which i bought from a shipyard) has a 2/353 cargo even when everything is dumped from its cargo. After I "fixed" the Falcon with SSK(cargo units becomes normal) and place its 200mj shield back inside his cargo, and pressed SSK on him again, boom, shields are gone again, tho lasers are still there.

this is what i discovered so far. Works fine with Hyperion Vanguard and Agamemnon.

edit2: also, the "blacklist sector" feature inside my "additional ship commands" seems not to be working, any reason why? I use Optimized Mk3 as you suggested, and the traders are doing a great job of not dying, but they still go to black listed sectors, which the system gives me a warning every 10 minutes or so. any tips? or any suggested blacklisting scripts out there?
Last edited by cryptonite1 on Tue, 18. Jun 13, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”