The Truth About the Kha'ak (Mini Story I)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Cavemonkey

The Truth About the Kha'ak (Mini Story I)

Post by Cavemonkey » Thu, 4. Apr 13, 08:03

Hi all! Before I begin, I would like to say that any constructive feedback is appreciated, as I do like to see what others have to say about my writings.
That aside, I hope you enjoy!

**Note- Edited for grammatical correctness and the changing of weird sentences.

Document Type: Government Archive
Classification: Top Secret
Archive Database: Argon Prime Military Archive Database
Year of Documentation: Argon Stardate 3117
Author: Gen. Aaron F. Krimlok
------------------------------------------

No words could ever adequately depict that which I have experienced during the last seven stazuras, aboard the mothership of the very race that has so persistently tried to eradicate us. I was taken prisoner by a Kha'ak Scout in the middle of an Argon-Kha'ak skirmish, being the first known life form to have not been utterly obliterated by the Kha'ak while bailing out. After being sucked into the ship's cargo bay, I quickly surveyed my surroundings. What I saw truly bewildered me; there were no guts of different alien species or live food which only an insect could devour as I had imagined there would be. Instead, there was some sort of biochemichal life support system, which seemed use microbes to regulate the temperature and the oxygen levels that were keeping me alive. Along the aft wall, I caught a glimpse of an unfamiliar control panel, which shimmered and glowed vividly with unrecognizable holographic shapes and three dimensional figures. I didn't have time to see much else, as the cargo bay doors had started to open, slowly revealing the sumptuous interior of a much more expansive Kha'ak vessel. The scene left me awestruck. Triangular purple crystalline tiles covered every surface from the ceiling to the floor. They emanated some type of energy which I could neither see nor hear, yet I could feel it instilling more power and strength within me than I had ever held in my entire lifetime. I looked arond some more and saw things that my mind can never come to comprehend to this day. I would explain them, but I cannot find any words in the English language that can truly convey what had entered my eyes. My mind was being flooded with an unfamiliar emotion, which I could only concieve in my puny human mind to be the feeling of not knowing what emotion to feel. Suddenly, I felt an inexplicably strange tinge on the back of my neck. I then whipped around to face that which had caused the extraordinary sensation. It was at that moment that I had first made contact with a Kha'ak.
At first glance, it resembled a human; it walked upright on two legs and everything would be where it is supposed to be if it were human. Only with further examination did I notice the brown, glossy skin (which I presumed to be an exoskeleton) and the mandibles concealed within its mouth. But there was something more to this creature than met the eye, something I could sense about its presence. Then, I looked into its eye, and was more astonished at the sight than I had ever been or could ever be.
What I saw was humanity in its purest form; it was something that I had never seen in any creature in the universe, including humas. It connected with me and read every single aspect of my life: my ups and downs, my strengths and weaknesses, my past, my present, my future. By involuntary thought, I did likewise. I then knew all that was and all that will become of the Kha'ak.
They are in actuality a peaceful people, horribly mistaken by the other races as a brutal, lifeless, destructive machine with only the intent to kill. They simply, like all other races, desire to keep safe the colony that they hold dear. Threatened by the Paranid intrusions into their space, the Kha'ak warriors journeyed into unknown territory, only to stumble upon a battle between Paranid and Argon forces. Unable to understand the savegery of war, the Kha'ak leader made the assumption that all races were hostile and must be eliminated. It was by his order to destroy all hostiles that the endless war between the Kha'ak and the X Universe began.
I must cut transmission now, for I fear that my signal will be tracked to its endpoint. I have also learned that I know far to much for the queen's liking, and am to be incinerated. To whomever recieves this document, I ask that you not tell my this. They must not know my fate.

------------------------------------------
End of Transmission
You want something from me? Are you empty of the mind?

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 10:01

Wow. This can get interesting. I hope to see more.

Cavemonkey

Post by Cavemonkey » Fri, 5. Apr 13, 21:31

Hi, thanks for thr reply! That was just sort of a prologue though. I am going to write the rest of the story soon. I already have have an idea in developement, so hang tight and blast some Xenon while you're waiting :).

Cavemonkey

Post by Cavemonkey » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 08:01

Okay, sorry for the wait, I have just been busy and forgot about the story. It's gonna be a little short, as I cannot think of a whole lot to write right now. But anyways, here it is. Enjoy.

--------Digital Journal--------
Log#: 1
Author: Joseph Kayen
Date Written: April 4, Argon Stardate 3117
Encryption Level: Heavy
--------------------------------
Today was my first tazura as the new general of the Argon Military. All in all, it's been pretty extraordinary and, at the same time, utterly strenuous. It all began with this crazy transmission from some guy named Aaron Krimlok, who was the last general. Appearantly, he had been abducted by a Kha'ak fighter and had looked into the eyes of a Kha'ak, and somehow just magically learned that the Kha'ak are a peaceful people, spreading joy and peace and rainbows throughout the universe. I don't buy it for a second. I think it's more likely that his brain had been abducted by space fuel than him being actually captured by the Kha'ak. But, as it was, my orders were to investigate every who, what, when, where, and why that could possibly be involved with this case, and so I did.

At the twelfth hour of daylight on Sirius' orbiting planet, I rendezvoused with the admiral and two of my commanders for the patrol in Mabaris, a sector constantly plagued by the Kha'ak, particularly capital ships. Being the pilot of a Leviathan class battle-cruiser, I felt that my ship and the three Titans that accompanied me would be more than sufficient, so we made a point to point jump right into the center of the sector. What I saw when we arrived, however, gave me the most gut-wrenchingly painful bout of terror that I had ever experienced. Before me sat hundreds of thousands of Kha'ak capitals, all menacingly pointed nose first towards my ship. During all of my years, I had never seen such ships used by the Kha'ak; these were significantly larger and more heavily plated than the Destroyer, and had a crystalline spider-like shape to them. My ship computer identified them as Kha'ak Dreadnoughts. The word "dreadnought" was all I needed to hear. Right then and there, I ordered an emergency jump to Sirius Prime. That's when the delta kyons started blaring. With hundreds of them firing upon my ship, there was no way I could jump out in time. But, as I was crouching behind the controls waiting for my eminent death, all three of my pilots aborted the jump. They then fell into shield formation to cover my ship from the lasers. All of us knew that they would surely be annihilated, so I switched the transmission on to all frequencies, and screamed at them with all my might to save themselves. But it was too late; the admiral's shields had already been pierced, with the others soon to follow his fate. I watched in unspeakable agony, despair, terror, and who knows what else as each Titan was sliced to shreds by the ruthless and savage Kha'ak. Before the kyons could focus back on my ship, the jumpdrive locked on to the gate in Sirius Prime and jumped.

When I got to the shipyard to repair my ship, I immediately notified the president of my men's heroic actions, and arranged for them to receive the highest honor in the Argon Military- the legendary Golden Fluffy Dice. As for my mission, I knew that my encounter with the Kha'ak was no coincidence. Someone had clearly set us up. Perhaps a pirate clan had stirred up the Kha'ak and lead them back to Argon territory, the Kha'ak being a little more than angry when they followed. But then again... a fleet of that proportion? I don't know what had given rise to this situation, but I suspect that the we have been baited.
----------------

Return to “Creative Universe”