[MOD][X3:AP/TC] Advanced Complex Hub MK2 V1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zeron-mk7
x3

[MOD][X3:AP/TC] Advanced Complex Hub MK2 V1.0

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 14:18

Advanced Complex Hub MK2 mod V1.0 for X3AP and X3TC
=====================================================

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Mod replace vanilla Complex Hub station model.

Station has internal dock and 12 capital ships docks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod does not trigger a "modified" in the player statistics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:
Read README file before using this mod.

Compatible with all mods, who does not change the vanilla Complex Hub station model.

Installation:
Mod must be installed as False patch.

=========================
Advanced Complex Hub MK2 link
=========================
Last edited by Zeron-mk7 on Mon, 3. Jun 13, 07:39, edited 5 times in total.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 17:28

The 4shared site does not work properly with IE10. If you are using IE10 you need to ensure that you are using IE9 standards mode to access the download site.

[EDIT]Could you host the file on a site/service that does not require a log-in (e.g. GoogleDrive/DropBox).

I am not keen on using free sites that require log-ins for downloads or download applications.[/EDIT]
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:20

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I am not keen on using free sites that require log-ins for downloads or download applications.
Download from 4shared doesn't need login.
Into the website, I add mirror download link to the Mediafire.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 22:40

Zeron-mk7 wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:I am not keen on using free sites that require log-ins for downloads or download applications.
Download from 4shared doesn't need login.
Into the website, I add mirror download link to the Mediafire.
Well it kept telling me it does, perhaps it is an IE compatibility issue.

[EDIT]Mediafire link is not working - showing an empty shared folder?[/EDIT]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 23:34

Gorgeous, Zeron-mk7!

Looks great; works great. Love the mooring points for capital ships.

A couple of small suggestions:
  • A small name change would distinguish your hub from Saetan's classic. Perhaps "Advanced Complex Hub 2.0" rather than "1.0"? Or "Advanced Complex Hub Mk2"? Something along those lines.
  • If you repack as a .zip (deflate), change the NN.cat/.dat to a number (say, 20.cat/.dat), and put the .jpg's into the Document folder, then it will be easy for people to install your hub with the Plugin Manager.
  • 4Shared does require a login for download, so thank you for the MediaFire mirror.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 05:19

DrBullwinkle wrote:A couple of small suggestions:
  • A small name change would distinguish your hub from Saetan's classic. Perhaps "Advanced Complex Hub 2.0" rather than "1.0"? Or "Advanced Complex Hub Mk2"? Something along those lines.
There's no line saying in it, that it's based on my model. So even a 2.0 would be misleading. ;-)

I'll suggest a more different name than simply adding a 2.0. ;-)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 06:09

Plus maybe a "Thank you to Saetan for pioneering the idea" and a link to Saetan's thread. ;)

Oh, and I see that Saetan's classic is "version 2.0"! :oops:

Even though the model is original, my suggestion to Zeron-mk7 to make such a thing was based on the fact that I never play the game without the Saetan classic.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 3. Jun 13, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 06:19

To save some time, here is a Link to Saitan's Advanced Complex-Hub from the Scripts and Mods index.

BTW the Media Fire link does not work in IE10 regardless of browser compatibility mode. I had to open it in Chrome, I suggest picking a download site which will work with IE (e.g. GoogleDrive/DropBox).

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 06:25

Does anybody actually use Internet Explorer anymore? ;)

I had trouble with people not being able to figure out how to download from GoogleDrive. Plus, GoogleDrive does not keep statistics about number of downloads, which is kind of important. I really wish that it worked better than it does, because Google is planning to close the downloads section of GoogleCode, which has been a popular X3 hosting site for years.

And X1tp.com, the other great x3 site, seems to be having trouble with uploads right now *sigh*. Hopefully that is just temporary.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 06:30

DrBullwinkle wrote:Does anybody actually use Internet Explorer anymore? ;)
Yes, and normally for good reasons but such debates are not for this thread. :roll:

As for figuring out how to download from GoogleDrive, it is just one of the options I suggested. :wink:

SkyDrive is another option of-course.

Download statistics is all well and good but I would rather not be bombarded with Media Fire's advertising rubbish.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 07:37

Mediafire link works, I tested it myself, about 4shared - I will check download link parametrs as soon I will be at home.
I change mod name to - Advanced Complex Hub MK2, I forgot, that mod name already was use.

To be clear - I edit vanilla Complex Hub station model.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 08:19

Zeron-mk7 wrote:Mediafire link works, I tested it myself.
In what browser??? I have IE10 under Windows 7 and no matter what browser mode I set using the developer tools the file does not show in the folder view. Under Chrome the file shows for download fine.

[EDIT]Proof of it not working using IE10 in the form of a screenshot.[/EDIT]

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 11:33

Mediafire download link I tested on IE9 in win7 and Google Chrome in winXP, maybe there is problem with IE10.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 3. Jun 13, 20:02

Just downloaded it using win 7 64bit and chrome. Can't seem to get your screen shot to load Roger?
Still life in the old dog yet...

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 02:17

This thread is a little old, but I think it is still relevant. To get away from the IE craziness (I'm on Linux anyway, so :roll: ):
How does this hub dock ships of the M6/M8/TM/TP/TS size? Saetan's classic uses (20?) external docks, but an internal dock in the same line as X3AP's Boron EqD would be really nice.
And fwiw, I got the MediaFire link to work fine with Firefox Nightly 27.0a1 (x86_64, built 2013-10-13, es-ES language pack) with Arch Linux. If the download link is still an issue, then most likely the fault lies with Microsoft/IE (shocker :P ).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 02:29

Old?! :o . The thread was started just a few months ago! "Old" in the X-verse is like five years.

Saetan's classic has two external docks. This Mk2 version has 12 external docks (without tubes, so they act like mooring points, which is both more realistic and avoids problems in-game).

Figge04
x4

Post by Figge04 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 22:41

Click on the link for the first advanced hub, and you'll notice that's a old post, it's been updatede 2009, let alone afraid to guess when it was released :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 22:43

Figge04 wrote:Click on the link for the first advanced hub
That is a different thread by a different modeler.

Centurion2008
x3tc

Post by Centurion2008 » Wed, 8. Jan 14, 19:46

Is there a minimal distance to place the hub from complex, when i build the hub it shoots the hub far away from the complex lol like a long long way away!

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 00:06

Yes there is. The maximum distance is defined in types/globals.txt and I believe it defaults to 20km. If the hub is shooting a long ways away, then that is collision detection working about as well as usual. You need to build in a location further from a collision box, or get some script that can re-position it for you.
All of this comes from vanilla, btw. None of those issues have to do with this mod specifically.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”