AP Community Project [Released]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 15:00

In fact, it's in Beta stage already. ;) If you sign up for DevNet Level 3, you can even help us to test the Beta.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 6. Mar 13, 16:10

NighTragE wrote:Im hoping to see this Mod/Patch/Comm Project soon. How is going so far? I know its alpha stage already but...
You could sign up for L3 Devnet and find out for yourself ;)

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 7. Mar 13, 02:07

Nah guys, i like surprises :D hehehe. Ill wait full release. Ive got my mods to work on (Skyrim ones) so im quite busy with testing/bug fixing etc.

Dog G6
x3ap

Post by Dog G6 » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 00:05

I would be very interested in joining the project.

I have only a small amount of programming experience, and even though I very much want to learn to program, I doubt at this time I would be of much use in the technical aspect of the program, at least until I've had more experience with 3d art and programming.

What I could offer, is plot/mission writing, technical gameplay mechanics design and balancing, and designs and concept art.

I know everyone asks for plot writing. At least that'd give me a reason to try hard in that department and really delve into allof the lore so I could use existing lore points to create interesting plot material, which would be interesting to X fans both new and old.

If you want to look at some of my art, it can be found at dogg6.deviantart.com I know I haven't posted that much art on there, but at least you could see if my skills are sufficient or not.

Either way, thank you very much. I will be eagerly awaiting the release of the end product, as I know that the X community is both very dedicated and very intelligent. :D
I want a sandwhich... no, nevermind. Well, I mean, you know... maybe... nah... okay yes.

X3 Journal Index (Includes links to all parts of my journals and guides)

DERP Stock Trading Guide [Version 1.4.5, updated 02/17/13.] DERP Humble Merchant Guide [Version 1.1]

/\ ________ /\ Ubersmilez

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 01:03

After having seen the birth of this project and then dropping out halfway through, I'll have to help beta testing, just so I can say I really WAS part of it. ;)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

samoja

Post by samoja » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 16:23

Any details bout what you made? Any new plots? I found some vague suggestion but if it is in beta stage already then it must be nearly finished, hence you can say to what extent you succeeded in what you were planning to do.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 16:39

The rule is that we cannot discuss beta stuff outside the L3 forum.

But any registered user can join L3 (see the bottom of your profile). If you join, then you can help test the beta!

samoja

Post by samoja » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 18:28

DrBullwinkle wrote:The rule is that we cannot discuss beta stuff outside the L3 forum.

But any registered user can join L3 (see the bottom of your profile). If you join, then you can help test the beta!
Yeah right, i have my own rule ykno not to plant my personal info all around the web, i guess ill just have to wait for it to be finished to see what it is all about.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Wed, 20. Mar 13, 06:51

How come ES needs a full mailing address to sign up for L3 anyway?

Mingan
x4

Post by Mingan » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 23:30

I have L3, I'm not however finding this in any of the forums. Would very much appreciate it if someone could link me to the proper L3+ forum post.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 00:31

Mingan wrote:I have L3, I'm not however finding this in any of the forums. Would very much appreciate it if someone could link me to the proper L3+ forum post.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=99

This should work ,if you have level 3 access. It is near the bottom of the forum index here...

http://forum.egosoft.com/index.php

Mingan
x4

Post by Mingan » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 01:22

I figured it out, ty.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 15. Apr 13, 01:26

Karibu sana (You're welcome) :D

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 6. May 13, 19:17

Pls, correct me if I'm wrong - this project is separate from the AP upcoming patch or both patch & this project are one ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 6. May 13, 19:24

AP-CP content wil feature prominently into X3AP 3.0. ES has their own changes, mostly bug fixes, that will also roll out as well.

Hope that answers your questions.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 6. May 13, 20:21

Thanks a lot, now I get the picture :)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Bloody_Kain
x4

Post by Bloody_Kain » Tue, 7. May 13, 12:19

Hi there.
I have a Question: As this "Community Update / Mod" now is in Beta, do this mean there could or could not bring in some new Ideas / ships or something to complement it?

Sorry my english lags a little, don't use it so often.

I ask because a Modder called Casishur has made a gmax file of a Ship from a Anime Series called Gundam Seed.
The Problem is, that he has no lust to make it useable.
Link: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=333861

Status at the Moment:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/848 ... gelNeu.jpg

(I know, the Minerva Class would look cooler and better placed in X as the Archangel, but sad to be truth, there is no GMAX Model from her as i know. Oh and i know this is a based on Model, and its only near the Original, but it's the best that is to become at the moment. To bad no one make a ship mod with this "Anime Spacecrafts")

I know, its an Anime style Ship and i think this Update would be a pure one (only X Style Ships or so), but i think, when it is done, it would be a realy good one Time special reward for completing a Story.

Here you can find more about the Archangel ClasS:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Archangel-class

It would be something like a M1++ or so, a realy rare lost Prototype from the Earth Alliance / Terran Military Research Center that was lost by a Test drive.

I don't think that the Loengreen or Line Canons are implementable, but all other Guns and some of the Rocket Launcher would be.

And if this isn't good for the Update / Mod, would someone make it to a usable Ship Mod for X³TC and AP?

Thanks for now and good luck with this Project. ;-)

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
A scattered dream that’s like a far-off memory…
A far-off memory that’s like a scattered Dream…
I want to line the pieces up -
Yours and mine…

P.S.: Ich gehöre zu den 1% der "Hardcorefans" mit Problemen in X Rebirth!
Eng:
I belong to the 1% of "hardcore fans" with problems in X Rebirth!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. May 13, 15:37

I'm afraid, but we're far over the adding content part. We're currently testing and finishing.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 7. May 13, 16:48

To further clarify things a bit. This Project is coming in Patch 3.0 and its been in testing for quite a while now and getting released soon™.

Even if it would not be, any content needs to be copyright free, which excludes all refs and looks from series and other franchises. So only way I'd see that ship in X games is as mod-pack content.

MFG

Ketraar

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 15. May 13, 19:40

Albion Prelude Patch 3.0 has been released as of now, which concludes this Community Project.

Great thanks to all involved in any way that made this happen, hope people enjoy it and appreciate the effort. Maybe more Projects pop up in future.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”