[MOD] [TC/AP] Realspace Visual Enhancement of Skies, Nebulae and Planets - V1.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 17:28

Nice to see you back Realspace ;-)

As for the files locations, in general it should work like this, if a file is not found in \addon the game will use the one in the main installation folder. This may not apply to all files though.

MFG

Ketraar

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 19:38

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your back !!!!!!!! :)
I still use your old mod to this date , so your new one will be awsome :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 20:14

Thanks people, happy to know I left some good here!! :D

Here it is update:
V.1.01
* Added compatibility with X3 AP
* Solved issue with white fog in Uranus

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fuaq0szksugidax

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 9. Apr 13, 20:17

im testing it in XTC2.0 It should work after delting the background file. then just need to do some tweaks

casufr
x3tc

Same problem in others sectors

Post by casufr » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 21:52

I'm playing AP and the problem solved about Uranus appears in others sectors, like CEO's Doubt, Great Trench, Rolk's Legacy, and others :(
No se tome la vida demasiado en serio; nunca saldrá usted vivo de ella.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 19. May 13, 17:03

I've been testing this mod for a while. New planets look really nice, lots of details that make you stop for a while a what the surface through the camera in your ship.

[/quote]This mod changes ALL the backgrounds of X3 (stars and nabulae).
It also contains modifications to the terran planets (Moon, Earth, Mars) and common planets, that have been graphically enhanced.
With time many other planets will be enhanced.

Nevertheless I noticed that a portion of nebula and planets remained unchanged. For some reason I still see background and planets used in vanilla.

I'm using realspace mod with AP + XRM, and I'm talking about sectors that are both present in TC & AP without XRM ones.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

zj1985
x3ap

Post by zj1985 » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 09:31

I like this mod,but it looks like confilct with ITS COCKPITS MOD.

bazza13

Post by bazza13 » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 23:06

I am having problems using this mod on X3TC. I was originally using the following 3 mods - Immersive environments, plus IEX, and Ring Gate without Swirl. I installed them as fake patch numbering the cat/dat numerically etc (not via mod folder/plug in) I also used Sector map revamped, and Asteroids revamped (via plugin manager). I disabled the sector map and asteroids via plugin manager, and deleted the 3 sets of cat/dat files for Immersive Enviroments, IEX, and Ring gate. I then installed Realspace visual enhancment as instructed via mod folder etc, but when I go to load a game, it will crash. I did get it running by leaving the Ring gate without swirl cat/dat files in place, and when I loaded the game it worked - yahoo - superb backgrounds and planets. However when I went through a ring gate to the next universe - everything was totally black - no stars, or nebulae - just planets. Even the space stations were invisible (although they were highlighted) until you nearly flew into them. Yet when I went back to the previous universe I had just been in - all the stars/nebulae etc were still there in that universe. I tried going to different universes but they are all black, apart from the one I initially loaded into.
Any ideas? I would really like to use realspace, as the one universe I got running with it looks amazing. I dont want to start a new game, after all my hard work getting several million credits..I am unsure why it wont work as all I thought I had to do was remove the other files etc which altered the background/stars etc etc. I note that if I remove the Immersive Environment, and IEX and run the game as a vanilla game it crashes, so perhaps I am going to be unable to use Realspace mod unless I do a fresh start of the game?

Talon2000uk
x3ap

Post by Talon2000uk » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 15:17

Can I ask will this still works in Reunion?

I just started playing and chose that one first. I've built up a small empire and don't really want to start again in TC just yet, but I would really like to use this great looking mod.

I saw your post in the original thread that you had found the files and that you were going to post it here, but under compatibility it says TC or AP so I'm guessing I'm out of luck?

x-periments

Post by x-periments » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 17:38

Awesome! Using it without any other mods like IEX or something like this.
Most realistic spacemods out there :!:

Are you still working on the planet textures?

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 23:42

@ zj1985,
Shouldn't happened at the first place, as the ITS-Cockpit MOD doesn't have the required 'TBackgrounds' to get conflicted with. I'm sure 200% compatible, as I also uses these two MODs, in addition to XRM.

@ bazza13,
Your problems are based around 'missing textures'. This is usually happened as your newest 'T'-files are 'incompatible with the 'textures' ['different filenames' often being the main cause...], or vice-versa...

If you are using these MODs as 'fake-patches', check each MODs so that they doesn't have the required 'TBackgrounds' file and the 'tex' folder colliding in each other. If you're playing X3-TC, place this MOD as a 'fake-patch' to the highest number of the present CATs/DATs.

@ Talon2000uk,
Theoretically, it should work without flaws, as X3-R and X3-TC are using same textures for planets and backgrounds, although some backgrounds are not going to be used by sectors that doesn't exist in X3-R, like the Uranus.

Sincerely,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 31. Oct 13, 19:09

Schultski wrote:@ zj1985,
Shouldn't happened at the first place, as the ITS-Cockpit MOD doesn't have the required 'TBackgrounds' to get conflicted with. I'm sure 200% compatible, as I also uses these two MODs, in addition to XRM.

@ bazza13,
Your problems are based around 'missing textures'. This is usually happened as your newest 'T'-files are 'incompatible with the 'textures' ['different filenames' often being the main cause...], or vice-versa...

If you are using these MODs as 'fake-patches', check each MODs so that they doesn't have the required 'TBackgrounds' file and the 'tex' folder colliding in each other. If you're playing X3-TC, place this MOD as a 'fake-patch' to the highest number of the present CATs/DATs.

@ Talon2000uk,
Theoretically, it should work without flaws, as X3-R and X3-TC are using same textures for planets and backgrounds, although some backgrounds are not going to be used by sectors that doesn't exist in X3-R, like the Uranus.

Sincerely,
Schultski Rheindland
Thank you Schultski for answering! Mod's structure is very simple so other people can help with issues. I'm waiting for Rebirth, X3 is not even installed, sorry :wink:

kriller2

Post by kriller2 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 21:46

Wow! fantastic work with this mod. What a difference it makes to the game.

mati140
x4

Post by mati140 » Tue, 27. May 14, 21:24

Does it happen to add the galilean moons to jupiter sectors?

Deepfield86

Post by Deepfield86 » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 21:56

Will this work with X3: Terran Conflict Xtended?

Also, When I use the cockpit mod I don't have any information bars displayed. IE, ship speed, hull/shields, target info.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/SfLOzVn.jpg

Deepfield86

Post by Deepfield86 » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 00:06

Answered my own question. Not at all. nothing shows up until you are almost on top of it. To bad. Looks like a nice addition.

Realspace
x4

compatibility

Post by Realspace » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 21:07

to make this mod 100% compatible with all mods even those including modifications to backgrounds (as long as they don't change the name of nebulae or planets) open the dat file and delete types/TBackgrounds and types/TPlanets

This way not all the modifications will be visible but compatibility is garanted for both TC and AP

Be sure the mod is top in the dat's number (fake patch) or loaded in the mod directory

About the cockpits, I took a look at the lite version included with XRM just in case some common textures are used but did not find any. My backgrounds use old BOD from X2 that refer to generic textures (those with numbers) that I changed with higher resolution ones. But they don't overlap, at least with the lite version of cockpit

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 23:14

Realspace wrote:to make this mod 100% compatible with all mods even those including modifications to backgrounds (as long as they don't change the name of nebulae or planets) open the dat file and delete types/TBackgrounds and types/TPlanets
there is no TPlanets file inside - just Tbackgrounds.

Just tried it with LU (had to remove Tbackgrounds) - looking damn good!
Now I can't stop staring on Earth... :)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 10:50

Mycu wrote:
Realspace wrote:to make this mod 100% compatible with all mods even those including modifications to backgrounds (as long as they don't change the name of nebulae or planets) open the dat file and delete types/TBackgrounds and types/TPlanets
there is no TPlanets file inside - just Tbackgrounds.

Just tried it with LU (had to remove Tbackgrounds) - looking damn good!
Now I can't stop staring on Earth... :)
some snapshot please! :D

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 20:24

Realspace wrote:some snapshot please! :D
Here you go:
http://i.imgur.com/08X0nuc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sL8DwX4.jpg

That little bald dot inside cockpit - it's me, staring :D
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU