[Discussion] X3TC+AP Bonus Package

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 21:46

Yes it would - completely delete the Steam X3TC game folder to remove all modified, extra and broken files that the uninstaller may miss. If you have a DVD version of TC, then install that first and then move it into the Steam folder to save download as per the note here. You can verify the installation as per this. Obviously that is all just for Steam.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Draco Redux

Post by Draco Redux » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 21:53

Carlo the Curious wrote:Yes.

Note that any saves you created while XTM was installed will not be usable.

Yea, I didn't make any saves because the problems were immediately apparent. I kinda guessed that the installer would miss something. Thanks for all the help.

-Draco

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 15:45

Hello!

I have a question about the bonus package of TC and AP. I have a steam version of TC and AP.

I have simply installed the bonus packages both for TC and AP but I'm playing only AP now, so I'm interested in that one.

So my question is:I simply installed the bonus pack. to Steam/steamapps/common/X3 Terran Conflict/addon. Did I install correctly?
Now there's a 'BonuspackUninstaller' folder in the /addon folder and a 'X3AP-Bonuspackage_Readme-English'.pdf file in the addon/documents

What's more, if I was wrong and I have to reapply the patch, can I continues my savegames or I have to restart a new one?

Btw where can I find the savegames?

Sorry for the many questions :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 15:54

That was correct. Addon folder for the X3AP one and the main X3TC folder for the TC one.

Savegames are found here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 16:44

Btw where can I find the savegames?
Now that you know where, you might find the Save Game Manager,in my sig,very useful :wink:

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 21:31

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did a lot of reading last time on some the guides. Starting to get into AP, I was wondering would any of these mods trigger a modded game and ruin my stats per game. I have not figured that one out anyways but when I do I hate to ruin it. Also is there a way to tell if your saved game is still fine from other mods or how can one tell there does not seem to have a system in place.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 21:43

Official BP scripts are vanilla safe.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 21:46

TTD wrote:Official BP scripts are vanilla safe.
Thanks =)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 00:38

Kane Hart wrote:Also is there a way to tell if your saved game is still fine from other mods or how can one tell there does not seem to have a system in place.
At the bottom of the pilot stats screen it will say *modified*.

If you want to make sure you're looking in the right place, enabling the script editor will flag your game as modified (remember to exit without saving).

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 00:39

Carlo the Curious wrote:
Kane Hart wrote:Also is there a way to tell if your saved game is still fine from other mods or how can one tell there does not seem to have a system in place.
At the bottom of the pilot stats screen it will say *modified*.

If you want to make sure you're looking in the right place, enabling the script editor will flag your game as modified (remember to exit without saving).

modisch

Post by modisch » Wed, 27. Mar 13, 04:26

I installed the bonus pack for AP and only some of the scripts seem to work with ongoing games, while some work for new games, and others don't work at all.

Of the dysfunctional (for me) scripts, SEWN and turbo are the ones I'm most concerned about.

Turbo boost doesn't work. I can set the hotkey but I'm not able to configure the turbo boost under the plugin manager. I can select it but it has no options to modify. And with the module installed on my ships and the hotkey set, I cannot engage it -- even with spaceflies or energy cells.

SEWN doesn't seem to work at all, as well. It's not under advanced game options, plugin configuration, or any hotkeys.

What am I doing wrong? And how can I fix it?

Thank you!

-m

**Edit**: Turns out the hotkey and broken configuration for turbo booster came from installing the 1.1 version independently of the BP. Uninstalling it and re-installing the BP brings me back to a state I was in earlier where I simply had no signs of the turbo booster.

Also, a quick look turned up the CLS/CAS software missing from the game as well. Mk3 Blacklist Manager works fine, as far as I can tell. I can assign the command, select the sections and the automatic blacklist populates properly. So it seems like the only script from the BP that actually took affect was the Mk3 Blacklist.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 27. Mar 13, 09:23

Assuming you are playing AP and have installed the latest BP for AP in the correct folder, I would suggest first doing a flie check with Steam,or just reinstalling from scratch.
Your saves will be safe.

When you have done that. Make sure you have the Turbo from the Split installed on the ship in question
(if the command is ghosted,it usually means that a command or upgrade is not installed on the ship.)

You have to be in the ship that has the Turbo,iirc.

Maybe it would be worth reading the PDF manual that comes with the BP, before the above, just in case you missed something.

modisch

Post by modisch » Wed, 27. Mar 13, 19:21

I guess I'll go about reinstalling for certainty. I was hoping to avoid that. But I suppose that's ultimately preferable to beating around the bush with other fixes that would be hamstrung by a bad installation.

modisch

Post by modisch » Sat, 30. Mar 13, 16:29

Back from a short vacation...

I uninstalled and re-installed X3AP and installed the plugin manager, cycrow's cheat package (for testing) and the bonus pack. Nothing from the bonus pack appears to be in and working on a new save (I didn't try an old save because I haven't yet re-installed all of the scripts I was using).

At this point I have no explanation or clue as to what's going on.

Any help is very, very welcome.

-m

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 30. Mar 13, 16:32

Beginning to sounds like a tech support question.

Are you sure you have installed the correct bonus pack in the correct folder?

There is one for AP and another for TC.

modisch

Post by modisch » Sat, 30. Mar 13, 17:03

TTD wrote:Are you sure you have installed the correct bonus pack

Code: Select all

X3AP_Bonus_Pack_5.1.0.0.exe
TTD wrote:in the correct folder?

Code: Select all

e:\games\steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon
I believe this is all correct.

-m

**EDIT/UPDATE**

I found the problem. And I hate myself for failing one of the most basic checks in troubleshooting. I was installing to the wrong steam folder/library. X3 is on F:, not E:.

:headbang:

Thanks for your help... It wasn't until I was reading my reply to you that I noticed the installation directory was wrong.

And while this is a shining demonstration of my intermittent airheadedness.... and fairly embarrassing... at least I now have the bonus pack working.

Thank you!

-m

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 30. Mar 13, 17:16

"Errors are human...it takes a computer to really mess things up !" ~ Annon

Glad you sorted it. :D :)

modisch

Post by modisch » Sat, 30. Mar 13, 23:16

"Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid."

- John Keats

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 03:37

Science is all about failures. Why else do scientists call things 'theories'? - because no one as yet has disproved them
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

lumbrius
xr

Updated bonuspack in X3AP 3.0?

Post by lumbrius » Mon, 6. May 13, 11:18

It would be great if updated bonus pack will be (finally) signed in next AP 3.0 release if there are some significant updates present. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”