[Generic Missions] Sell Blueprints - TC & AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dillpickle
x3tc

[Generic Missions] Sell Blueprints - TC & AP

Post by dillpickle » Mon, 17. May 10, 18:11

Sell Blueprints

So, you've spent an eternity feeding the hub in order to start the PHQ plot.

You've also spent endless game days reverse engineering all the rare ships, and now would like to build a wing of Advanced Mamba's, except you just started building the Aran, and now have to wait a further 4 1/2 days before you can even think about building anything else...

Well here's the solution...

Sell your blueprints to the shipyards, and let them build them for you.

How does it work?

Pretty much just like any station offered mission, except it will only be available from shipyards. (With the exception of the OTAS shipyard, which won't offer these missions).
It will come under the guise of a trade mission (Credit symbol).
You tell them you have some blueprints, they tell you what they want, you say yes, you get paid and the ship is added to the shipyard's stock.

You will not get asked for blueprints that are not available at you PHQ.
Once the shipyard has added a particular model to it's stock list, they won't offer to buy this model again.

The Argon's will offer to buy Argon, Goner, and OTAS blueprints. OTAS ships will only get added to the stock at the OTAS shipyard in Legend's Home.

The Boron, Paranid and Yaki will only buy blueprints for their own race ships.

The Teladi in addition to their own ships, will also buy blueprints for the Pirate produced ships (not pirate variations of race models).

The Split, being ethically corrupt when it comes to machines of war, will take off your hands any Xenon blueprints you may have in addition to their own.

Even the Terrans are bending their rules, and will buy ATF blueprints off of you.

Installation:

Extract the zip folder into your X3TC root folder, the files should end up in your director folder, and t folder where they need to be.

Downloads:

I have moved all my downloads to NexusMods, in an effort to ensure they are still available to anybody that still wants to use them:

Terran Conflict Version can be found here:
Dillpickle's Mission Director Collection for Terran Conflict

Albion Prelude Version can be found here:
Dillpickle's Mission Director Collection for Albion Prelude

Compatibility:
TC 3.2
AP 2.0

Modifications:
mdfiles.txt
3.01 Generic Missions.xml
8340-L044.xml
Last edited by dillpickle on Tue, 29. Nov 16, 18:07, edited 3 times in total.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 17. May 10, 20:02

Wickedly well done Sir!

:mrgreen:
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 06:52

Anyone know if ths is compatible with the new xtended 1.1 version?

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 09:53

No, it's not compatible.

As around 80 - 90% of the Ship Types it uses, are not in XTC, it would need a complete rewrite for the new ship types.

My main reason for writing this initially, was the inadequacies of the PHQ - only being able to build one ship at a time, then having to send it off somewhere else for its upgrades, made building a fleet of fighters a lengthy and painful process.

With XTC, the Player Owned Shipyards, and Equipment Docks, have addressed this problem, effectively allowing you to build and equip as many ships at a time that you want.

So for this reason, and also the lack of time to re-write it for XTC, means there will probably not be an XTC compatible version.

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 18:08

Nice to know, thanks for your quick response!

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 28. Mar 13, 09:19

Great idea :)

However, I ran into a problem with it...

I recently wanted to start a new game (heavily modded, base AP 2.53, dozens scripts, mods, etc.) and wasn't able to get access to any stock exchange in the game (the menues are simply always greyed out).

After several tries I was able to nail the problem down to this script - after removing it from the director-folder, the stock exchanges worked well again. No idea if this happens only with a new game and not with a game with already activated stock exchange.

Perhaps there is also an interference with other MD-scripts in my director-folder (which are from STO (highly unlikely that this a problem), and from this). Though without your script everything works well ;)

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 28. Mar 13, 09:48

Trickmov wrote:Great idea :)

However, I ran into a problem with it...

I recently wanted to start a new game (heavily modded, base AP 2.53, dozens scripts, mods, etc.) and wasn't able to get access to any stock exchange in the game (the menues are simply always greyed out).

After several tries I was able to nail the problem down to this script - after removing it from the director-folder, the stock exchanges worked well again. No idea if this happens only with a new game and not with a game with already activated stock exchange.

Perhaps there is also an interference with other MD-scripts in my director-folder (which are from STO (highly unlikely that this a problem), and from this). Though without your script everything works well ;)
Hi Trickmov, long time no see... :)

It seems that a mdfiles.txt crept in where it wasn't wanted... I will upload a fixed version, but will need removing from the director folder (if still there to) fix the problem.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 28. Mar 13, 09:59

dillpickle wrote: It seems that a mdfiles.txt crept in where it wasn't wanted... I will upload a fixed version, but will need removing from the director folder (if still there to) fix the problem.
Yep, that seems to have fixed it... at least the access is there again - can't check for the missions itself as my game is too new (no HQ atm) ;)

Will report, should problems occur, but I doubt so ;)

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Fri, 29. Mar 13, 12:24

Ok, works fine so far...

but is it only me or is the chance to get this mission rather small?

Correct me, if I am wrong, but in 3.01 the chance is exactly the same as for most of the other missions. But other than those your mission runs only on SYs, thus the chance to get it is rather tiny (the more stations in the sector the smaller).

I changed my factor in 3.01, line 130 from *100 to *1000, this makes it playable for me.

Though wouldn't it be better to not include it into the generic missions and instead make it a own mission with its own chance, because the chance of appearence of other missions is reduced, if the factor in 3.01 is increased or not?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”