A Philosophical Mind Bender + 3 more

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

A Philosophical Mind Bender + 3 more

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 19:56

Here's something to bend your mind for a while...

"And so it was I entered the broken world to trace the visionary of love, its voice an instant in the wind (I know not whither hurled), but not for long to hold each desperate choice." - Hart Crane (direct quote)
Last edited by silentWitness on Thu, 14. Nov 02, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Rogue
x3tc

Re: A Philosophical Mind Bender

Post by Rogue » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 20:16

silentWitness wrote:Here's something to bend your mind for a while...

"And so it was I entered the broken world to trace the visionary of love, its voice an instant in the wind (I know not whither hurled), but not for long to hold each desperate choice." - Hart Crane (direct quote)

My advice?

I think he oughta get over it. ;)
Knock knock. Who's there? Zerg Rushhhhhhhhhhhh!
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace Rimmer
[ external image ]

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 20:52

Hopeless romantics are nearly always crazy, after all, look at what happened to Thomas Hardy.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 14. Nov 02, 21:34

gee... That didn't last long among you cultured lot! lets see wht you make of these three...

We have a weight to carry and a distance we must go. We have a weight to carry, a destination we can't know. We have a weight to carry and can put it down nowhere. We are the weight we carry from there to here to there. - The Book Of Counted Sorrows

One who is skilled in walking leaves no track. One who is skilled in speaking makes no slip. A good reckoner needs on tally. A good door needs no lock, but cannot be opened. A good binding requires no knots, yet cannot be loosened. - Leo Tsu - Tao Te Ching

Seek not to help those who will not help themselves...
Nor shall you seek to help those content to dig their own graves for eternity. Help those who seek life with both hands, help the sprinter of life to fly on the winds of truth for there is no failure in a kind and wise life! - Anonymous

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”