[Mod] Apricot Tree SuperHub v2.01 for TCv3 / New Xenon Incursion version !

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 10:52

I have v2.02 of your mod and it's loaded as a fake patch just before the Naval Shuffle mod.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 11:01

Well crap. On a whim I just re-numbered it to the end and started a new game and there they were. No idea why Naval Shuffle would affect it as I don't believe it alters the game at all but whatever. *sigh* Now I have to start over a fourth time. I don't suppose there's anyway to fix it in my current game?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 11:37

digdug83 wrote:Well crap. On a whim I just re-numbered it to the end and started a new game and there they were. No idea why Naval Shuffle would affect it as I don't believe it alters the game at all but whatever. *sigh* Now I have to start over a fourth time. I don't suppose there's anyway to fix it in my current game?
The universe map is actually a graphical file.

So if Naval shuffle has its own version of that file, it could be cancelling the version in the Tree mod.

Frankly, I'd put the tree mod last, so either as the fake patch, or as the selected mod.

In theory, if Naval shuffle has got that file, then the file in tree mod should still work for it, just might look different.

Also in theory, if you reverse the order of the fake patches, naval first, Tree last, your current game should work.

As far as I know, you can add the map file without it affecting the current game. Its only map files themselves that need a restart.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 18:22

I tried and no luck. Thanks for the help anyway. That's what the cheat plugin is for I suppose :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 05:53

Update :

With the new X3 game just announced, I have the sad announcement to make that None of my mods are going to be updated to the new game.

Since the game requires Steam, and I've made a personal decision not to use steam, and it appears there will not be a disk version available in Australia, I wont be getting this new game, and this makes it impossible for me to update the mod and test.

Thankyou to all of you have been using this mod, and I am sorry I wont be continuing it into the new game.

I have no idea if this mod will work with the new game or not. Perhaps someone would like to test it and post here to let people know.

In theory, if the sectors I used are not changed, then this mod should continue to work. In theory.

szymon1337

Post by szymon1337 » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 18:56

I know nobody responded here for one year, however I have to ask: is there a version that merges this mod and XRMi?

I could do it myself ( I have gentoo running ergo I can do anything), but I have no information which sectors SuperHub alters. Also, diff ran on x3_universe.map files fails

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 17. Nov 12, 23:58

szymon1337 wrote:I know nobody responded here for one year, however I have to ask: is there a version that merges this mod and XRMi?

I could do it myself ( I have gentoo running ergo I can do anything), but I have no information which sectors SuperHub alters. Also, diff ran on x3_universe.map files fails
I've not even looked at XRM, so cant tell you how difficult it would be to merge them.

Superhub only changes gates in vanilla sectors, while adding 3 new ones. The fastest way of finding this out, is start a new game, cheat all sectors visible, then examine each gate in the 3 superhub sectors.

If XRM has only added a few sectors, it would be easier to cut and paste the new sectors into the superhub map file, than do it the other way.

szymon1337

Post by szymon1337 » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 00:51

Ok, you've explained this a bit, last question: could you give me changed sectors' ID's, with indication which is new, and which has only recieved new gates? I hope I'll figure out the rest ;] ( I totally dunno if there's any reference "sector id's -> sector names" list)

EDIT: i've figured how to load x3_universe into galaxy's editor; I've compared xrmi and SuperHub:
The sector to the west of the HUB is overlapping - that means I cannot import it to the XRMi from the SuperHub. I could just move thisTree sector to the other free spot - however attaching descriptions to sectors is far beyond my (even not 12 hours old) modding skills. So I'll propably will have to live with placeholders. :meh:
Also, http://www.xperiment.co.uk/files/X3ModMap.xls is down

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 03:29

Its a long time since I did this, so I dont remember all of it now.

In theory, if you import all the XRM changes into the superhub map, except for that overlapping sector, then it should work. You could also copy and paste in the sector contents from XRM.

Btw, X3editor2 has a better galaxy editor imo, and its external to the game.

I'm not sure why you added that downed site url. Its nothing to do with me.

szymon1337

Post by szymon1337 » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 12:00

1. Srsrly, X3editor 2 has a galaxy editor?? Where?
2. I'm just going to recreate missing tree on XRMi's map from scratch. (SuperHub only changes some sectors, XRM all of them ;] )
3. That was the only reference that lists sectors with ID's - Sorta of OOT notice, nothing releated to you, sorry if I said sth inappropriate ;]
Last edited by szymon1337 on Sun, 18. Nov 12, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 18. Nov 12, 12:09

You got me. I think it was the original X3editor that had the galaxy editor. Its been that long since I've used it, it hasnt been installed on my current computer.

Anubis Khan
x4

Post by Anubis Khan » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 14:52

Sorry to Necro an old thread, has anybody heard of anybody getting this to work in AP?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Feb 13, 06:41

It was never ported to AP.

In theory, if it was repacked, it would work in AP, however, some of the old sectors would be returned, and new sectors lost. Although they should get added in if you still do the plots.

No idea what putting this into AP would do to the war sectors.

If you want to try it, the easiest way is to unpack it, then copy it under the addon folder in AP. If you do, let me know how it works.

Btw, the "old thread" rule doesnt apply to mods and script packs, where the author is still supporting them. In fact, posting a new thread about them, just gets it moved into the old thread.

adamsonich

Post by adamsonich » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 12:17

Find out some imperfection (for me) in your mod about sectors paranids sectors on south and split/boron sectors on north-east directions.
Can you help me to remake it? I play in TC.
I want make a cross of 4 sectors and hub as center.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 12:41

adamsonich wrote:Find out some imperfection (for me) in your mod about sectors paranids sectors on south and split/boron sectors on north-east directions.
Can you help me to remake it? I play in TC.
I want make a cross of 4 sectors and hub as center.
You have to edit the map file itself. Look in the tree mod files, see which map I used, then find the latest version of that in the original files, extract it, and then edit it and put it in the same games file I use in the mod. It will then override everything else.

Takes a bit of understanding how the sector links work, but it is not that difficult.

However, I'm not sure how you intend to link 4 sectors to the hub, since it only has 3 linkages. Better to link the 4 sectors together as you want them, then link one of them to the hub. imo.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”