Why egosoft stopped upload the in-game screenshots?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you want more screenshots?

yes
72%
not because it may be spoilers
28%

Total votes: 18

Voyadjyer
x4

Why egosoft stopped upload the in-game screenshots?

Post by Voyadjyer » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 06:33

It was more than seven months after the last screenshot. over six months, we have not heard any news about X Rebirth. I think this is not a great work to put a couple of pictures At least once a month. unless of course over the game has someone working.
Last edited by Voyadjyer on Wed, 13. Feb 13, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Russian Federation

Hurracane

Post by Hurracane » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 06:43

It's not hard at all to do a screenshot, but who says they are allowed?

DeepSilver, like most publishers I assume, has to sign off on content that goes out to the public.

I think that's how things work. :?

Voyadjyer
x4

Post by Voyadjyer » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 06:47

very funny. hundreds of games come out every year and they all spread the video, screenshots and brief spoilers to maintain public interest in the game! I see no reason to forbid it to do.
I do not know in what universe deathly silence may generate interest to the game.
Russian Federation

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 07:11

The reasons why the screenshots stopped are well stated in the screenshots thread. If you can't look it up then that is your problem.

Athraku
x3ap

Post by Athraku » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 07:53

elexis wrote:The reasons why the screenshots stopped are well stated in the screenshots thread. If you can't look it up then that is your problem.

Lol be nice, people are just bored and frustrated with the lack of new info and have resorted to starting threads about.... well anything really.

Besides its fun seeing the X fan-boys (the ones who think no matter what happens Egosoft can do no wrong and must be defended till their dying breath) flame them and tell them its ready when its ready.

With no new info what else are we going to read on the forums. :roll:

Btw... nice poll you may as well ask do we want the game to be released now. :lol:

elexis
x4

Post by elexis » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 08:06

Hmm that may have been a little harsh, sorry :(

RE: Poll - I thought the typo was a nice touch.

Athraku
x3ap

Post by Athraku » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 08:31

elexis wrote:Hmm that may have been a little harsh, sorry :(

RE: Poll - I thought the typo was a nice touch.

Lol ruthless :D

"not because it may be spoilers"

:lol:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 09:47

Hurracane wrote:It's not hard at all to do a screenshot, but who says they are allowed?
actually technically it can be quite hard to do screenshots, depending of the state of the game.

afterall, alot of promo screenshots will have time to setup the scene in game so it can show everything they want to show, rather than just a random screenshot you can take while playing the game.

also, thats with a finished game, with an incomplete game, its much more difficult as you could still have alot of debug stuff on display that you wouldn't want to show in screenshots

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 10:34

I wanna see a screenshot of all the developers working hard over their respective computer desks NOW!....with Bernd lashing them periodically with a vicious lookin' bullwhip!... :fg:
I'm sure this won't infringe on the NDA! :wink: :D

Oldman :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 10:47

To reply to the poll itself, I would say that the next Rebirth screenshot I really want to see is the loading one as the game opens on my PC. Anything that slows that down now is not on my wish list.

To reply to the thread title, I would say that the volunteer who negotiated and set up the previous lot of screenshots probably lost the will to try to continue because of all the outright demands, grief and ingratitude that he ended up with (alongside some genuine appreciation though).

A hint to all though, if this turns into another general more info, release date or moan thread then its life expectancy is short.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 11:27

Without new screenshots, we can nurture the conspiracies everyone needs to pass time. Everyone loves conspiracies.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 12:41

Havent been here in months i am totally shocked that no more screenshots or info has been given :evil:
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

Toramo

Post by Toramo » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 18:10

More screenshot :) that's my answer :)

Personnaly i'm frustrated about one thing.

The communication about the marketing campaign.

First :
Tons of informations about the game at the Gamescom + a screenshot of the week on forum. Everything is good and everybody are happy and impatient about the game.

Second time :
No more information, X rebirth wasn't at the next gamescom, no screenshot. nothing at all except a small interview with bernd that reveal near from nothing.
I mean "Yes this will be beautifull, Yes you will be able to launch missile, Yes think expand etc ..." --> 0 spoiler revealed.

Third time :
Ego said they cannot reveal any more information because the marketing campaign isn't started, and then nothing new. (don't talk to me about the christmas newsletter, it was just a mini translation of the bernd interview)

My question is :
Why stopping all the communication so abruptely. How can they tell us that the marketing campaign isn't launched after this first big step at the gamescom...

That's where i'm actually frustrated... I really didn't understand. And this afraid me in a certain way.

Hopefully they told us that the developpement is in progress and maybe it is all we need to know... So enjoy and wait for news ?...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Feb 13, 18:13

.. and on that note, there is nothing here not already being said in the release date thread etc so this can slide away. I did warn about that.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”