XTC 2.0 - Script Combatibility List - Reports from players

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 23:18

Scripts and mods are entirely different things.

Mod incompatibilities are common.

Script incompatibilities are rare.

For example, everything on Bullwinkle's List should be compatible except for the current version of Abandoned Ship Spawner. The next version of A.S.S. will be compatible with mods, as well.

It would be easier to list which scripts are *not* compatible. There would be a *very* short list (most of which would be easy to fix).

dESANT
x4

Post by dESANT » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 16:33

Anyone managed to get scorp map working with xtc 2.0?

HoPLoN

Post by HoPLoN » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 08:41

DrBullwinkle wrote:Scripts and mods are entirely different things.

Mod incompatibilities are common.

Script incompatibilities are rare.

For example, everything on Bullwinkle's List should be compatible except for the current version of Abandoned Ship Spawner. The next version of A.S.S. will be compatible with mods, as well.

It would be easier to list which scripts are *not* compatible. There would be a *very* short list (most of which would be easy to fix).
You have a good point there . The script mod list is endless .
But its also a good feedback on what scripts are more popular and get monitored & updated from the authors .
I , for example , have bookmarked such pages to get me started after a long absence , so I can all the essential scripts& links on one page .

I 'll update thread for your script list & add the A.S.S. info .
Thank you for helping :)
Go tell the Spartans , stranger passing by , that here ,obedient to Spartan Law, we lie .

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 12:14

dESANT wrote:Anyone managed to get scorp map working with xtc 2.0?
Yes: maps

The problem with maps Scorpa action, the result of errors in the 7211-L044.xml. (I hope they were not intended).

fixed file can be downloaded here: 7211-L044.
Extract the file to a directory on t.

NOTE: To map Scorpa work, you may be required to start a new game. :cry:
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

dESANT
x4

Post by dESANT » Sun, 6. Jan 13, 14:01

@Yacek

Thanks for the file, map is working now, though i had to start all over again :cry: but needless to say scorp map is worth the sacrifice.

robalexhall
x3tc

Post by robalexhall » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 14:57

Is bounce working with XTC?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 17:29

robalexhall wrote:Is bounce working with XTC?
So far it is with me, I did have to generate a new T file for it since a few things were changed from 1.2 to 2.0
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Fri, 18. Jan 13, 04:23

Anyone know what specifically conflicts XTC with CAG?

It's the one script I can't live without (well if I use stations)
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Wed, 23. Jan 13, 12:36

Snowship wrote:Anyone know what specifically conflicts XTC with CAG?

There's a fix for that on the XTC forums.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/234 ... patibility

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 23. Jan 13, 16:40

So i might take back what i said about bounce. lately ive been dealing with khaak and xenon invasions and i always lock up. I disabled bounce a bit ago and i was able to fight a khaak fight for a few hours strait without locking up at all.

Maybe i generated the file wrong, maybe theres a gremlin messing with me, i dunno. Has anyone else had luck with it during big scalled invasions?

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 07:02

Hephaistos Corp almosts works - just needs the ship spawned by the script to be edited to one in the game.

robalexhall
x3tc

Post by robalexhall » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 08:28

Thrandisher wrote:So i might take back what i said about bounce. lately ive been dealing with khaak and xenon invasions and i always lock up. I disabled bounce a bit ago and i was able to fight a khaak fight for a few hours strait without locking up at all.

Maybe i generated the file wrong, maybe theres a gremlin messing with me, i dunno. Has anyone else had luck with it during big scalled invasions?
I generated my own wall file. I'll cheat a bunch of khaak and xenon and see what happens? Not far enough in so far to encounter them normally.

** I tried this and no crashes :?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 11:03

The_Mess wrote:Hephaistos Corp almosts works - just needs the ship spawned by the script to be edited to one in the game.
There is actually already mod-compatible code included in the Hephaistos Corp delivery script that makes sure to pick an available TL class ship. So, unless XTC hasn't any TL class ships at all, this part of the script should work already.

The real problem with Hephaistos Corp and XTC however are the new stations added by XTC. There are no station sizes included for these. So the Hephaistos Corp won't be able to build these stations properly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 14:26

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
The_Mess wrote:Hephaistos Corp almost works - just needs the ship spawned by the script to be edited to one in the game.
There is actually already mod-compatible code included in the Hephaistos Corp delivery script that makes sure to pick an available TL class ship. So, unless XTC hasn't any TL class ships at all, this part of the script should work already.

The real problem with Hephaistos Corp and XTC however are the new stations added by XTC. There are no station sizes included for these. So the Hephaistos Corp won't be able to build these stations properly.
I still haven't had my stations delivered though :P

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 14:30

And you are sure that it has something to do with the created ships? What ship type is created instead of the TLs? Or do TL ships have a different purpose in the XTC?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 02:52

There's a couple of "undefined ship" entries that are classed as TL in tships but are broke in certain ways, so I suspect the script is accidentally creating them instead of functioning TL ships.

Should be easy to fix by locking create ship to atmo-lifter that the XTC team made the terran's sole TL though and I might try doing it myself as I'm wanting to alter loot drop mechanisms in the x-tended mod :P

[Edit] - that was easy, haven't removed the code for making other TL's because I'm a scripting n00b (and sleep deprived...)
http://depositfiles.com/files/f5elfwo06

Just changed it from Kobe to Atmospheric Lifter, should work, I think.

And love the script too :D Makes life a lot easier.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 04:03

Joelnh wrote:
Snowship wrote:Anyone know what specifically conflicts XTC with CAG?

There's a fix for that on the XTC forums.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/234 ... patibility
Thanks Joelnh :D
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 04:34

robalexhall wrote:
Thrandisher wrote:So i might take back what i said about bounce. lately ive been dealing with khaak and xenon invasions and i always lock up. I disabled bounce a bit ago and i was able to fight a khaak fight for a few hours strait without locking up at all.

I generated my own wall file. I'll cheat a bunch of khaak and xenon and see what happens? Not far enough in so far to encounter them normally.

** I tried this and no crashes :?

Ok, thanks for testing it. I'll have to do some more testing when i can. I think the ship i was having a problem is a Taipan. Ill have to look in game to make sure, but i know it was a M7 and Split ship, going againts a kha'ak M2.

@The_Mess Thanks for that! I have to redo some sectors due to my split brothers crashing into some things ive build if im IS. I end up going from rank 8 to -2 in a second if im IS and they try to dock. Should help alot!

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 07:23

Thrandisher wrote: @The_Mess Thanks for that! I have to redo some sectors due to my split brothers crashing into some things ive build if im IS. I end up going from rank 8 to -2 in a second if im IS and they try to dock. Should help alot!
Let me know if it works, I need to reset the script due to it being stuck at delivering a jump beacon, should have checked that before /derp

Edit: the other thing the script is tripping up on is jump beacons, so make sure to build your complex within 20km of a gate, or use the in game script editor to change the max distance value which the script uses to decide if it will build a jump beacon.

Edit2 - checked that the script's referencing the right Tship entry for the jump beacon and it looks okay, not sure exactly _why_ the jump beacon hasn't been dropped off :gruebel:

Also Tships contains well over 10+ undefined entries classed as TL O_o

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 12:06

The_Mess wrote:There's a couple of "undefined ship" entries that are classed as TL in tships but are broke in certain ways, so I suspect the script is accidentally creating them instead of functioning TL ships.
Right, there's no check, if the ship selected as TL is used by the AI or if it is sold at any shipyard. I'll add a check like that. Thanks for the information.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”