[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 2. Dec 12, 22:54

Hyde911 wrote: Those inactive turrets are performing "defend station" order. What could be a reason??
A station.

You can adjust that behaviour in the config menu.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Hyde911
x3tc

Post by Hyde911 » Sun, 2. Dec 12, 23:46

Gazz wrote:
Hyde911 wrote: Those inactive turrets are performing "defend station" order. What could be a reason??
A station.

You can adjust that behaviour in the config menu.
Oh Indeed. Thank you.

X-Morgan
x4

Post by X-Morgan » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 19:25

Has anyone else been having a problem with the MARS Configuration menu?

When I press the hotkey with no enemies in the sector it works fine, but if there's any enemies the configuration screen pops up and then immediately CTD.

Running stock Albion Prelude with MARS.

Can anyone help?
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world" - NERV Motto

BadgerBadger

Post by BadgerBadger » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 21:32

I installed MARS with the plugin manager and now my Albion prelude installation is screwed it crashes even before getting to the main menu? How can I fix that now?

Thanks in advance!
-- Sound Engineer and Argon Trader

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 23:48

Which package did you install?

If the game crashes before you load a saved game, then it is probably not a script causing the crash. If it still does it after a reboot, then verify your files on Steam.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 23:53

It's extremely rare that scripts are the reason for a crash.
Yep, reinstall X3 or let Steam verify the local files.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

BadgerBadger

Post by BadgerBadger » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 20:27

I don't use steam (i have the TC-AP package), but i know that it still creates the steam directory... Why did it happen if it's not caused by any script? I installed the mars archive and then nothing worked anymore. I had to uninstall the game, delete the folder manually and reinstall everything and oh surprise: my saved games were still there!

Can someone explain what i'm missing right now? I feel like being the stupid kid in the class! ;)
-- Sound Engineer and Argon Trader

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 00:11

Saved games are in your windows documents folder. Somewhere.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 01:02

Did you install the repair laser mod for MARS. It could be that is messing up your game.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

PoisonYu

Post by PoisonYu » Sat, 29. Dec 12, 14:33

I have a problem, I can no longer select Mars Defensive option. Turets revert to Offensive everytime. Any solution?

StoogeR
x3tc

Post by StoogeR » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 15:42

I'll just copy/paste my post from XRM thread.

I've spotted some weird behavior of MARS turrets. I have MARS running on all AI ships.

Situation 1: Xenon I vs boron large OWP. OWP was firing at xenon "I" and as soon as its shields went down OWP changed target to another ship. OWP could easily destroy that ship but thanks to turrets swiching targets it was destroyed by it instead. Another thing - when the "I" was close enough, OWP switched PPC's to flaks...

Situation 2: Why ships carrying ion cannons never switch to other lasers (at last not in turrets that can fit IC). Boron M2 fighting some m3s was firing IC all the time, never switched its guns. M3s shield were long gone and large m2 could not destroy them because of low hull dmg of IC. Same thing with vs bigger ships.

I'm using XRM t file for mars. Disabled "cap mode" long time ago and reloaded mars scripts.

I had this problem with CMOD and mars earlier, and I never found the solution (turrets switching targets after shields dropped, using too much ICs). Had to unistall cmod then.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 18:05

You can take a quote from me if you want Gazz, for old time's sake.

In X2 I took out destroyed in a Bayamon (Pirate M4). The shields in X3 meant i needed the firepower of an M6 and a little patience. Then I installed MARS, and learnt how to be afraid of capital ships. The first time those PPCs were swapped and I took a faceful of FLAK was a painful learning curve.
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Drusek
x3ap

Post by Drusek » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 00:28

How can I change (where in the files) golbin speed when hauling things?

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 07:54

Seems like a silly question, but why is the default 7048-L044 file for xtended tc?

Do people just not play vanilla x3tc/ap anymore?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 08:30

MARS comes with several language files. It tries to automatically select the correct file for the mod that the user is playing. There is a file for vanilla, as well.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 09:40

Wait.. when was that implemented? I wasnt aware gazz had that much time on his hands o.0

So what exactly is needed for a proper tfile?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 09:42

It is documented in the manual, and in the t files themselves.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 10:20

I read the manual nearly 5 years ago. I think I wouldve noticed if it was in there.

Additionally, its not actually there.

Drusek
x3ap

Post by Drusek » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 16:04

Drusek wrote:How can I change (where in the files) golbin speed when hauling things?
So none knows how to do that?

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 19:41

Could probably find it if I trawled through the script, but it's not something I'm looking at changing. What I'd say is it's probably not a speed, it's probably done through moving the object and then waiting. Look for where in the script it moves the target object and consider the distances it moves (could make it look non smooth) or the time it waits (could increase cpu load).
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”