[SCRIPT] [2012.04.02] Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.51a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

floyd ryan

Post by floyd ryan » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 20:23

I am wondering why this feature isn't part of vanilla TC, or at least signed as mod. Seems quite essential to me.

Astral Warrior

Post by Astral Warrior » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 16:22

Pls reload. Links are down :(
604 604 604

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 17:01

Astral Warrior wrote:Pls reload. Links are down :(

Try again, they are working for me now.

MrIgnem
x3ap

Post by MrIgnem » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 17:26

I get a "403 - Forbidden" error when I try to download this mod.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 17:34

I do not know why that is but I reckon it is not that the files are missing or the link is broken as I have no problem downloading them.

If it is ok with the forum rules and/or the author of the script I do not mind uploading them to some host like mediafire or something like it. I do not want to do it until I have permission to do so, the files are not mine.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 24. Nov 12, 17:35

MrIgnem wrote:I get a "403 - Forbidden" error when I try to download this mod.
I think that GameFront is disallowing access from some countries because they don't want to get sued. Either that, or some countries are disallowing access to GameFront files because of copyright violations.

Here they are on 4Shared

Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.51a
by alex2069

:arrow: Install
  • SPK (recommended)

[ external image ] 4Shared (.spk) [version 2.51]
    [ external image ] 4Shared (.spk) [version 2.51a by dblade - Note: This version does not have Ship IDs; if that doesn't concern you, get this one (see version history)]
    To install, use Cycrow's Plugin Manager.
  • ZIP

[ external image ] 4Shared (.zip)
    To install, extract to your X3TC directory, or more specifically, open the zip file, files in the scripts folder go in scripts folder, t in the t folder.
    If it asks to overwrite any files, do so (will just be an older/same versions or my library files from some of my other scripts).

fisiu
x4

Post by fisiu » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 21:02

They force you too sign up.... why do I have to sign up to dpwnload, watch or do anything on the internet everywhere nowadays....

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 23:48

You shouldn't have to. If the author doesn't object and it is not against forum rules, someone (including myself) could upload the files somewhere where you are not forced to register to download.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 23:52

What's wrong with using the author's links in the first post of this thread?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 00:00

Apparently some people are having problems downloading from gamefront.

The links are working fine, indeed GF not only works for me but it is a very fast download site too. According to some other post (ptb_ptb) GF is blocked in some countries.

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 06:02

Is there a way to get this to jump directly to the station, rather than to the sector and then AP to station?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 11:44

Staxed wrote:Is there a way to get this to jump directly to the station, rather than to the sector and then AP to station?

I don't understand what you mean.

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 14:20

Brinnie wrote:
Staxed wrote:Is there a way to get this to jump directly to the station, rather than to the sector and then AP to station?

I don't understand what you mean.
With the normal jumpdrive, you can have it jump directly to a station rather than a gate in your target sector.

With this mod, it seems to always jump near a gate (or is it the center of the sector, didn't pay attention), rather than using a default feature of the game and jumping near the target station.

So instead of jumping and being close to dock, sometimes it jumps and had 60-70km to fly...which for certain wares allows an NPC to get there first.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 15:45

OK, I now understand.

I have used this mod for both TC and AP, from my experience I would say that in your case it is not working as intended. When I use the script to send a ship to buy or sell, the ship will travel all the way to its destination, you can also instruct more than one ship to travel directly to one station with the same one search.

I do not know why you should have this problem but I can assure that jumping and docking to the selected station is the way this script works.

1 Search for ware.
2 Select a station from the displayed list.
3 Select a ship to dispatch to do business from your ships list (within the script)
4 You are given the option to send more ships to the same destination.

Those are the steps that I take. There are options in the script menu to sort search results differently, to notify you on arrival as well as whether to use the jumpdrive or not.

Just as a thought, is your reputation with the race who owns the stations high enough to dock at them. I am just clutching at straws here as I really can't think of why this is happening to you.

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 19:14

Thanks for the response.

My rep is high enough. Everything works other than it jumps me to the sector gate rather than the target station. It's not a huge deal, just a little less efficient time wise.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 13. Jan 13, 21:09

It would be a big deal for me, having gotten used to the script working correctly. Do you have any other mods/scripts that might be causing some kind of conflicts?

What version of the game are you running?

There is another script that does a similar job to this one, it is not released yet but it might be soon especially if some more interest is shown in its thread http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=331135.

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 01:27

Brinnie wrote:It would be a big deal for me, having gotten used to the script working correctly. Do you have any other mods/scripts that might be causing some kind of conflicts?

What version of the game are you running?

There is another script that does a similar job to this one, it is not released yet but it might be soon especially if some more interest is shown in its thread http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=331135.
I didn't have any installed when I first started using it so I don't think a conflic was the issue. I do have more installed now though.

Which brings up another issue, I've got a mod installed to make jumps not use ECells (seems more realistic to me that way), but this mod still uses the default jumpdrive. Anyone know of a way to change that?

altay
x3tc

Post by altay » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 04:02

Download links (gamefront and 4shared) don't work for me, could someone upload v2.51a to somewhere else please?

altay
x3tc

Post by altay » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 05:36

Thanks Dr! :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”