X3AP Retail versions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SurvivorSue
x3ap

No steam.exe!

Post by SurvivorSue » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 09:20

I have just managed, after much trial and tribulation and a lot advice in the Support Forum, to get the No steam.exe to work!
Anyone considering buying the War Pack on the proviso that they can neutralise Steam with this download, I would advise reading my thread in the support forum. Although I no doubt contributed to the difficulty myself by using an old laptop and being a non-tech. type of girl, the fact that installing Steam, TC and AP from disk was far easier than getting the all important download to work, cannot be got around?
Again I thank the Support Forum advisers for helping me get through such a painful experience!

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 02:06

Will I be able to get the X3 Gold edition to run on steam, receive updates and achievements and such?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 08:12

Yes just use the "Activate a product on Steam" option in the "Games" menu. When prompted just input your CD key.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 22:21

Thanks very much.

roxy
x4

X3 Albion Prelude retail package in e zone for south pacific region

Post by roxy » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 08:48

My friend is going to UK on holiday this weekend and i wondered if he
was to buy the retail version of Albion Prelude while he was over there
would it work with my retail version of Terran Conflict that i purchased
here in NewZealand ? Does zone or region make a difference? :?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X3 Albion Prelude retail package in e zone for south pacific region

Post by CBJ » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 10:20

roxy wrote:Does zone or region make a difference?
No. Just to be clear once again, all versions of X3AP require Steam but, as per the Steam FAQ, the retail version means you can avoid big downloads, especially if you also have a retail version of X3TC. Actually finding a retail copy in the UK may be another matter, though, as the run was fairly limited and bricks-and-mortar shops only tend to stock the latest games anyway.

adriancos
x3tc

Post by adriancos » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 16:00

Please enlighten me:
X3 Terran War Pack (Multilanguage, French Box) available on shop :
Box language:French
Voiced languages: French, English, German
Text-only language: Italian (using English voice)

What this means?
That there is no Game-Text in english in this pack?
Voice it is specified that it is english also. But in game text?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 16:08

All languages are available in all packages; the only difference between, say, the English and French versions, is the language used in the packaging. Languages listed as voiced have both text and voice in that language. Languages listed as text-only use the English voice recordings.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:33

Hi guys,

I've just ordered AP from the Egosoft shop, I'm in Australia, can anyone tell me when I could expect delivery?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:50

It's hard to tell as there are several factors: time to process the order, normal shipping time to Australia, and the Christmas effect. I'd be surprised if it took less than a week though.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:55

Thanks mate, hopefully I'll get it before christmas.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 15:46

Hi, I've finally got the game...

Yeah!

Is there something wrong with what I'm doing?

I registered my TC with steam...
And suprise, suprise it wants to download the whole 6 gig of TC, typical steam rubbish, they don't mind spending $95US that I dont have!

OK ignore steam TC it works fine as a program...

I then click the english launcher on the new AP disc, loads some stuff from disc 1, the installer ignores disc 2 and starts downloading the 6 gig of TC, great, don't we all just love STEAMW@#NKERS!

Cancel that, google my problem, paste the Egosoft/TC folder into the Steam/TC folder, no worries that should fix it...

I open my steam tray and steam starts downloading another 2 gig of data, is this what is on the second disc, do I need to paste the contents into my steam directory?

Now for the rant!
I have to say I hate steam, X2 was so easy to install, just put in the disc and code away you go, no crap store to control my access to my licensed product. I understand the distribution benefits but remember the old problem has always been the distributors greed so I'm not sure it is fair to penalize the customer for this.
End of rant.

Please help with this installation otherwise it will cost me more than I paid for the game including postage from the opposite side of the world just in downloads to run the game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 15:48

It might say it's going to download 6GB (or whatever) but it will only actually download what it needs to, i.e. what is different between what you have on disk and the current version of the game.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 15:58

Thanks for the speedy response mate.

should it ask me to put in disc 2?

I'll try it again.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 16:09

No difference, with either disc 1 or 2 in the drive it still wants to download a 1.2 gig file.

I wish I knew if it will ask me to change the disc too.

I don't want to pay my ISP more than I payed Egosoft, I know who has done more work for it.

I'll try again tomorrow when I have time to wait for it to download.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 16:24

See also the Steam FAQ on Installing from Disc instead of Steam.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 16:32

DiveBomberDave wrote:...it still wants to download a 1.2 gig file.
Again, don't be fooled by what it says. It may think it needs 1.2GB of data, but if it finds it already has it because it's on the DVD then it won't actually download it. There is bound to be some data for it to download from Steam though, because both games have been patched since whatever version you have on disk.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Thu, 10. Jan 13, 06:27

Cheers CBJ,

That page looks like what I'm looking for, I'll try it now.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 16:32

19.99 €? I got it from steam for 9.99€, via PaySafe card, LulZz

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 16:34

This topic is about the retail version, though.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”