Abandoned Ship Spawner for AP (ASS-AP) v88 [AP][ALP]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 17:45

Nicoman35 wrote:Doc, may I suggest making this TC compatible (if it is not too time consuming and you're in a mood for it)?
The Original Version Abandoned Ship Spawner for TC v82 (by corbinbird) is for TC.

This is the only script on my list that does not work for TC, and the reason is because the ship lists must be hard-coded.

If you want to do a "port" yourself, it should be as easy as moving the v82 ships lists to the new scripts. The rest of ASS-AP should work just fine in TC. Actually, if you do that (and clearly document your changes), then I will maintain the TC version when I make updates to the AP version.

Good?

EDIT: I extend the same offer to XRM fans. If one of you updates the ships lists for XRM (and document your changes, including marking rare ships), then I will maintain them for future versions of ASS-AP.

Probably. ;)

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 18:07

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Nicoman35 wrote:Doc, may I suggest making this TC compatible (if it is not too time consuming and you're in a mood for it)?
The Original Version Abandoned Ship Spawner for TC v82 (by corbinbird) is for TC.

This is the only script on my list that does not work for TC, and the reason is because the ship lists must be hard-coded.

If you want to do a "port" yourself, it should be as easy as moving the v82 ships lists to the new scripts. The rest of ASS-AP should work just fine in TC. Actually, if you do that (and clearly document your changes), then I will maintain the TC version when I make updates to the AP version.

Good?

EDIT: I extend the same offer to XRM fans. If one of you updates the ships lists for XRM (and document your changes, including marking rare ships), then I will maintain them for future versions of ASS-AP.

Probably. ;)
AARGHH! I sense a truckload of work incomming! I'll se how difficult it will be and then let's see. Anyway, thanks for the offer :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 18:14

Now that I think about it, it is even easier than I suggested above.

For TC, simply *replace* the ship lists with the same files from v82. Those are the only scripts that are unique to TC or AP (or XRM or whatever). The old versions will work with the rest of the new scripts.

The ship lists are named "lib.cb.random.xx.xml", where the "xx" is the ship class. There are 14 lists in total which need to be customized for each game.

PS: If you right-click on the .spk and "Extract to zip" then you easily extract just the lib.cb.random... files.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 19:43

I could also

a) just delete those unknown placeholders
or
b) search in the ship list for a suitable replacement

Code: Select all

* BW: ===============================
  $M7.array[25] = {Unknown zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler 10019 7_397}
  $M7.array[26] = {Unknown zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler 10019 7_397}
  $M7.array[27] = {Paranid Deimos 17_80142 10013}
  $M7.array[28] = {Unknown zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler 10019 7_388}
  $M7.array[29] = {Unknown zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler 10019 7_398}
  $M7.array[30] = {Unknown zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler 10019 7_399}
  $M7.array[31] = {Unknown zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler 10019 7_395}
  $M7.array[32] = {zzPLACEHOLDER 7_262}
  $M7.array[33] = {Argon Griffon 80300 17_80142 10013}
  $M7.array[34] = {Split Tiger}

and then change the respective size of the list entries

Code: Select all

$M7.array = array alloc: size=35
sounds not too complicated.
I'll do a version for TC 3.2 and XRM 1.26, then post it to you.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 20:08

For TC it would be easier to use the lib.cb.random files from v82. They are already correct.

The "unknown placeholders" that you see are not actually in the lib.cb.random files. You see them because the editor you are using displays them that way due to the TShips file that it can find.

But, yes, your approach should produce similar results.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 18:27

Thanks for bringing Albion back to life with your mods ... Your mods give the perfect balance to the game... Searching and patience is it's reward ...but, always a but ...when i locate a new ASS some of the equipment is unreadable..starting ... ZA_EMP_BLANK or 10173, 10063 ..... Have looked around but can find no other refernce to this ..What have I done wrong ..... :?:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 01:48

Thank you, birdtable.

Those sound like EMP wares, and I do not know why you would see them in an A.S.S. ship. Can you give me the exact names, with all of the numbers? I can try to look them up.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 23:16

Hi ....The trouble is that these wares/equipment are missing from equipment docks etc ... For example i cannot find a bioscanner anywhere,, so i think i will do a complete uninstall and start again with just your mods and see what happens ..... but out of curiosity what is ZA_EMP_10053_WARE_CUSTOM1_1_999992cr This does not appear to be a problem for others so i must have got to many old and unused mods still floating around in the folders....... Thanks for assistance.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 00:04

ZA_EMP_10053_WARE_CUSTOM1_1 is a custom ware used by EMP - Extended Mod Pack. However, I do not know which script uses ware 10053. LV uses it in his example, so it may be one of his scripts.

EMP is a system that is intended to allow scripters to use custom wares in their scripts.

EMP is built into the Plugin Manager. If you use the PM to install a script that uses EMP, then the PM tries to include the EMP information for that ware. However, the PM can be fooled by other installations of EMP.

The result is that EMP tends to be flaky (unreliable).

Common problems are:

- Following the instructions for an old script, which leads to a broken EMP installation.

- Ignoring the instructions but installing a script using one of the old EMP wares. These wares will no longer work with current EMP.

- Manually installing a script that uses an EMP ware without using the PM *and* without installing EMP.

If you post a list of your current scripts then I can try to help you to track down the culprit(s). For scripts installed using the Plugin Manager, you can get a list from the Help Menu (Export Package List).

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 18:00

Hi ... This looks like it could be the culprit .... Community Extended Mod Pack V2.01 Aalaar/Cycrow ........ Why and when it was used cannot remember. ..... :?: :?: :?:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 19:11

Yes, very likely.

That is an old version of EMP. Remove it, open and close the Plugin Manager (so that it can do its magic), then re-try your game.

Probably you installed it because some other old script told you to... sadly, those instructions are out of date.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 21:12

Greatly appreciate your guidance ... Have not only removed old EMP but also did a total flush out .....just your mods and Cycrows Salvage... Gives just enough to keep up the interest without getting too many ships to salvage .... Then i only use the ships that have been discovered ,,, no purchasing of any ships/marines etc .... still found no ships with marines so no need to worry about boarding yet. ...... Once again thanks for your input for me and to Albion Prelude .... Have a good Christmas.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 21:18

And thank you for your reports, birdtable.

You can use scripts that require wares. Just know that some of the older scripts use older wares which are incompatible with current EMP. If you need an old script to be fixed, then post the link Bullwinkle's List.

Also, use the Plugin Manager to install scripts requiring custom wares. Do not install a separate version of EMP -- let the PM do it.

Kaplah!

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 15:18

Great plugin, goes well with your others of course.

My only problem, is I found a super tuning... and it spawned inside the atmosphere of a planet, and I blew up as I was closing in on "hot 2km" :D

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Tue, 8. Jan 13, 20:08

Hmmmm seems the tunings are just plain invisible unless you drop an advanced satellite right on top of them. So most likely it wasn't in the atmosphere to the point where it would kill me, they're just not normally visible.

:O

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 22:26

can you remove the #deca from the spawn list? It's supposed to be a 1 of a kind ship only obtainable during the Terran Campaign...but I just found it floating in space...

didn't even know what it was until I googled it (can't seem to claim it either, and even using marines the boarding has failed a few times...still trying though).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 00:51

There are a few unique ships that can spawn -- with very low probability. That is part of the fun of the script (at least for some players).

Rather than my changing the script for everyone, you could simply destroy any ship that you do not want and another ship will spawn somewhere else on the next cycle.

It is a Terran ship, sort of. So boarding may be more difficult than it was during the plot. You might need highly trained mechanics and/or boarding pods. But it should be boardable.

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 01:58

DrBullwinkle wrote:There are a few unique ships that can spawn -- with very low probability. That is part of the fun of the script (at least for some players).

Rather than my changing the script for everyone, you could simply destroy any ship that you do not want and another ship will spawn somewhere else on the next cycle.

It is a Terran ship, sort of. So boarding may be more difficult than it was during the plot. You might need highly trained mechanics and/or boarding pods. But it should be boardable.
Gotcha, I already destroyed it (took a while...lol) but that makes perfect sense.

Don't have a ship capable of using boarding pods yet, but maybe I will if I see it again to give it a shot :).

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 14:20

The mod adds a nice reward for exploration and improves the game (especially mixed with your detector). Thanks for that. One minor thing though.. any purpose to flagging the ships with a special name? I am running the NPC bailing mod as well and I would rather not know for sure where something comes from... adds some mystery I suppose or at least not reminding me of a specific mod's presence.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 7. Feb 13, 20:04

The script does use the (A.S.S.) in the ship's name when it removes "stale" (old) ships. It will only remove ships that it added -- any other abandoned ships are left alone.

I can probably make that a configurable option in a future version. Thanks for the suggestion, Binesi.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”