[script] Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge [Updated: 2013.05.17]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 16:24

NighTragE wrote:do you know smth about ship modelling? =)
Not really. Science, philosophy, artificial intelligence, 3d engine design, computer security, yes.

...3d art...well, I prefer to not have have people tearing out their eyeballs from sheer horror :lol:

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 22:44

Wow... cant wait to download (finally got the custom ships to spawn properly, and they are able to set up as the swarm...) 30 minutes....

hmmmmm...

yeah.... that would definitely require upgrading my usual defenses by several orders of magnitude.... :P (and then maybe doubling that..)

on a side note (and the reason i logged on) was the thought I had..

how about the wild ones have a percentage chance per hour that they live after hatching, to "evolve" to the next larger class? (up to large of course)

and has anyone managed to make the Deathstar and that superlaser??... I think we may need it for the queen :P lol

:lol:

nice surprise and you work fast...

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 22:59

7ate9tin11s wrote: ...3d art...well, I prefer to not have have people tearing out their eyeballs from sheer horror :lol:
now i am intrigued .... are we talking salvidor dali in 3d or we talking gore horror, or is it just so confusing to the eye? enquireing minds and all... :lol:

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 15:19

7ate9tin11s wrote:
NighTragE wrote:do you know smth about ship modelling? =)
Not really. Science, philosophy, artificial intelligence, 3d engine design, computer security, yes.

...3d art...well, I prefer to not have have people tearing out their eyeballs from sheer horror :lol:
:lol:

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 16:53

Been playing a more economic-based game and will be making the following adjustments for r3 (Probably early next week). They will not take effect in prior r1/r2 starts so I suggest making them manually through the options for a more rounded experience :wink:

1. Shift M3 class fighters to small group from medium. There are two reasons to do this; First, it makes existing swarms slightly harder; Secondly, the cost of using an M3 to generate eggs (with the small potential of getting a m1/2/7 egg since they are a medium and large potential of an M6/8 egg) was basically free money and ships. Swarms will need to be adjusted as well.

Code: Select all

Ships > Small > Add Fighter
Ships > Small > Add Advanced Fighter (XRM Only)
Ships > Medium > Remove Fighter
Ships > Medium > Remove Advanced Fighter (XRM Only)
Swarms > Mediums > Half both min and max values
2. Reducing swarm count. Currently the economic devastation is a bit too high from the swarms and I suggest reducing the number of swarms in the universe from the r1/2 default of 1 per 30 sectors to 1 per 45 or 1 per 60 sectors (So 75% or 50% of the current value, i.e. 8=4 to 6)

Swarms > Number of Swarms > Set to reduced value
3. Reducing the number of eggs/wilds for performance reasons.

Eggs > Small > Set to 125
Eggs > Medium > Set to 75
Eggs > Large > Set to 25
Wilds > Set to 150
Other changes which will be made and take instant effect in r3, but cannot be done through the options include:
1. M5's will not be able to generate eggs. This will lessen the egg spam in sectors and prevent the same M3 issue for small/medium eggs.
2. Player Egg generation costs will increase by roughly 50% of hull consumed
3. Eggs cannot generate eggs :shock:
4. Egg naming for players will go from 'Small Player Egg' to 'Your Small Egg'
5. Player-owned eggs and hatched vessels will not begin undamaged with all weapon slots filled. They will have from 50-90% hull and have a 50% chance, per slot, of an empty weapon slot

Plus whatever else I fix/change/add :D

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 18:18

789@
Do you ever sleep? :D hehe

Btw about the reward for killing Queen and normal swarms/invasions

Small Swarm Reward money:

5000 cr per Incubus
10000 cr per Scout
15000 cr Per Interceptor
35000 cr Per Fighter
150000 cr Per Corvette
500000 cr per Rakshasa
1 mil cr per Carrier
1.5 mil cr per Destroyer

Eggs:

Small Egg 50 000 cr
Medium Egg 100 000 cr
Large Egg 150 000 cr

Queen hachery sector:

Same amount of given cr's but x2 for Carrier/destroyer/rakshasa and 5 mil for Queen

So total money will be around 20 kk or smth like that.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 18:49

The download link for r2 appears to be missing from the x1tp.com page. And the "alternative download" link appears to be another spam-collection site (that requires registration).

What does "Player Hatred" do? How does this compare to the vanilla Kha'ak in TC?

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Thu, 13. Dec 12, 23:25

Player hatred ramps up the chance the swarm targets you or yours.

:twisted:

crank it up and they will seem to be everywhere you go... when they come, they come for you!

MUAAHHAHAHAHA

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 02:37

DrBullwinkle wrote:The download link for r2 appears to be missing from the x1tp.com page.
Interesting, the link is only there while I am logged in. Looks like a shadow ban. Perhaps they do not like having multiple versions of the same script up on the site.

Now to find somewhere else to host files.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 02:46

I would be surprised if there is any problem with multiple versions. Send a note to SS_T. He is pretty good about support for his site.

I use the Google Code site that I gave you the link for (in the same post as the link for x1tp). You can use the public login in the instructions that I linked, or get your own login from LV.

So... what does "Player hatred" do? How does it vary from vanilla Kha'ak behavior in TC? And what are the Kha'aks doing if not hating the player (98% of the time)?

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 02:50

DrBullwinkle wrote:So... what does "Player hatred" do? How does it vary from vanilla TC behavior? And what are the Kha'aks doing if not hating the player (98% of the time)?
At a technical level, player hatred is a dice roll from 0 to 99 that is thrown every time a swarm is choosing which sector to attack. If it falls below the specified player hatred value the swarm will attempt to target a sector that has a player asset within it (Station or movable ship)...basically they will put the hate on the player :D

Oh, and I would use the common login for the google code site, but someone went and put verification on it. What is the phone number or city?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 02:57

Curses! Foiled again!

It would not surprise me if Google did that because they noticed people using the same login from all around the world *sigh*. You could PM LV and ask... but it would be just as easy to ask him to add your own Google account to the site.

In the meantime, you could email it to me and I can post it for you, as a temporary work-around while you are waiting for responses from SS_T and LV.

And thanks for the explanation about player hatred... it makes sense now.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Fri, 14. Dec 12, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 03:34

DrBullwinkle wrote:In the meantime, you could email it to me and I can post it for you, as a temporary work-around while you are waiting for responses from SS_T and LV.
Emailed, please let me know when it is up. :)

/Will look later tonight
//For now the Teladi must pay!
///PAY for making slow irritating ships! :fg:

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 08:25

Well... the custom ship option does work wonderfully....

popped in to a sector as the swarm attacked and there were the custom ships tearing up the sector. (I counted at least 7 Large) and the ships were custom ships added through the plugin manager....

With the custom ships being way more powerful than the average Kha'ak...
(Jorkin's 3 B5 shadow vessels, worked wonderfully.... )

I upped the med to 10-25 (the m3 has 7x25 MJ shields), and the large up to 2-9 (only 2x2GJ shields, but very potent weapon configs) anf the scout (m5 has 8x5MJ shields and 4 ISRG) min up to 10...

I did reduce the number of swarms to 5 and the number of wild to 120 or so per your update/advice earlier in the post.

The potential for a 1 swarm customized swarm as a addon or possibly a multiple instance of the script (maybe to simulate multiple fringe elements)
maby make a capture behavior (where the swarm captures up to half the ships n sector and takes the people off the stations causing an across the board drop in relations, just enough survivors were left to spread the tales.. maybe they were captured for slaves, maybe for food, depending on the nature of the "enemy" in your story)
Last edited by SirDeathwalker on Fri, 14. Dec 12, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 17:24

*looking through personal script repository*

Hmmm...tracker mines that actually track and kill...

Sounds like an option for those small eggs in r3 :twisted:

/wanders off to work...

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 14. Dec 12, 19:07

OOhhh!!

Is that you??? ;'D

are you back for good this time? ;)

because, i was thinking about IR lately a lot ;D

right now I have end-of-year madness @ work, but...

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sat, 15. Dec 12, 19:02

Hi 7ate9tin11s

Very good script.

I found one problem: destroyed medium Eggs (laser tower) leave old wares of X3 Reunion.

PS. I play AP + XRM. Maybe this is the reason for the problem?
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 05:40

Yacek wrote:Hi 7ate9tin11s

Very good script.

I found one problem: destroyed medium Eggs (laser tower) leave old wares of X3 Reunion.

PS. I play AP + XRM. Maybe this is the reason for the problem?
:?

What wares do you see? I thought the game engine did not drop items from lasertowers :oops:

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 10:03

7ate9tin11s wrote: What wares do you see? I thought the game engine did not drop items from lasertowers :oops:
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sun, 16. Dec 12, 17:43

Yacek wrote:image
I play XRM as well and have yet to see an egg drop junk items. Hmmm, a 'U' class container with quantity 2. I think 'U' items are upgrades like rudder, cargo, and speed (not sure). I will alter the generator to ignore upgrades on LT's for r3.

There is really nothing else that can install 2 of in the build script though

/Weird bugs... :rant:
//Well the Kha'ak are weird bugs too
///Don't kill my complex bugs, I did not mean it! :khaak:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”