EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Rebirth release date
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 10. Dec 12, 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

NLS wrote:
CBJ wrote:
As for your claim that "every fan are angry", that is quite simply bogus. There is a handful of people in this thread who don't seem to be able to accept that we (or more accurately the publishers) are not ready to start the marketing campaign for this game yet, and that we are not in a position to tell them more about the game until that happens. Some of those people also don't seem to understand that a key element of marketing is timing, and that blowing your marketing budget and telling all there is to tell too early is worse than saying very little and leaving people wondering. Everyone here is eager to hear more; some are frustrated by the wait. Most, however, have the sense and maturity to understand that shouting "fail" when they don't get what they want achieves absolutely nothing.

Well calling your fans immature won't help.....

He didn't call all the fans immature, just the immature ones. Razz

Shrewd135

PostPosted: Mon, 10. Dec 12, 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This is just a manipulation campaign so egosoft keeps people guessing and spinning so they do not lose interest, while they take their sweet time finishing the game.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 10. Dec 12, 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ Shrewd: Good one! I cannot help likening that comment to a live TV reporter asking a celebrity musician outside a posh charity dinner venue some questions about their imminent next masterpiece release.

'What is it about?' - 'No comment.'
'Will it be like your previous works?' - 'No comment.'
'When will it be ready?' - 'No comment.'
'Why can't you tell us anything more?' - 'No comment.'

To the audience: 'See, this is just a manipulation campaign to keep people guessing and spinning so they do not lose interest!'

Sorry, I just could not resist!

Dr2i

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 00:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Alan Phipps wrote:
@ Shrewd: Good one! I cannot help likening that comment to a live TV reporter asking a celebrity musician outside a posh charity dinner venue some questions about their imminent next masterpiece release.

To the audience: 'See, this is just a manipulation campaign to keep people guessing and spinning so they do not lose interest!'

You're just one sarcastic person. But you do that with class.

Sibilantae

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 00:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

NLS wrote:

Well calling your fans immature won't help.
I think your data are bogus btw. Maybe "every fan are angry" is a bit far, but I somehow feel that this is a more proper fan "distribution": Most of the fans just don't care and don't bother any more, some are ungry and some try to make a sense in everything and buy whatever you sell them (and I am NOT talking about X games) - not because they are stupid or anything like that, but because they CHOOSE to believe and not trouble themselves too much.

You can choose to keep using your fan-base statistics of course (and you will).

Keep up the good work... (or whatever you do)

NLS, you are not the fan base. You also do not speak for the fanbase. I'll tell you one thing though - I may not be ungry, but I am rather hungry!

Quote:

On another note, it is interesting as after Star Citizen (coming in 2014), Braben (or mr. Vaporware as I like to call this Elite legend) also started working on Elite: Dangerous also for 2014. Braben's creations (after Elite) where notorious for delays, early bugs etc. (reminds anybody of anything?) I am not so sure Elite 4 will indeed come out 2014. But image if it beats X:R schedule. Very Happy Now that would be funny.

Not particularly - both of those games, being crowdfunded, need to have had their marketing already begin in order to get their funds, Star Citizen being the clear example of its success. ES is not under the same constraint - if they get their funding from DS, then they need not market it to the fans up front. My point is that the demarcation of "when full-time development begins" is much clearer in the case of the crowdfunded games than in publisher-funded games, because we as customers have it shoved in our faces in the former, but not the latter.

Len5

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 01:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Clearly noone can speak for all the fans, because all fans think/feel differently about Egosofts strategy.
Maybe someone can make a poll to make clear how many are angry and how many don't care or dó care but don't mind about it.

I personally do care, I'm looking forward to the game, but I don't mind it's taking a bit longer and that there isn't much info now. I mean, it's not like it's the end of the world... or is it? *looking at calendar*

santi

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 01:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

At the end of the day the angry and the patient are just expressing a desire to play now, the next instalment of the X series, of course the developers obviously need their time to finish the game, but we know, that while Elite planted the seed, X series have been the ones to take forward the concept and improve upon it. The wait is hard but simply because we want to know if it will be worthy.

StarSword

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 01:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think it would ease a lot of our minds if somebody at ES besides CBJ would show up and tell us they're not dead. They don't even have to tell us anything in particular about Rebirth.

I'd also like to be king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat...

TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes
Toramo

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 02:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Like i said, in my opinion, it was a false start.
But egosoft will never admit it.

Their last post just convince me about my feeling.

You maybe think i'm immature, good for you.
Anyway if you dont understand that a lot of people are frustrated to check this forum and to discover everyday this same screenshot, then, i can't help you more...

We all know that a game development is probably difficult, both by the technical knowledge and the financial aspect needed.

It is pretty easy to publish a screenshot by month i think... Yes we talk about 12 picture in a year... Why did you can't do that ?(except the marketing campaign isnt launched ??)

NLS

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 02:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

StarSword wrote:
I think it would ease a lot of our minds if somebody at ES besides CBJ would show up and tell us they're not dead. They don't even have to tell us anything in particular about Rebirth.

I'd also like to be king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat...

They did show up and did tell us they are not dead and still developing it.

NLS

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 02:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Len5 wrote:
Maybe someone can make a poll to make clear how many are angry and how many don't care or dó care but don't mind about it.

30 seconds to lock?
Else I might try it.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 02:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Toramo wrote:
Anyway if you dont understand that a lot of people are frustrated to check this forum and to discover everyday this same screenshot, then, i can't help you more...

It is pretty easy to publish a screenshot by month i think... Yes we talk about 12 picture in a year... Why did you can't do that ?(except the marketing campaign isnt launched ??)

Once again, I have answered these points before, but I will repeat those answers for your benefit. We understand perfectly well that people are frustrated, but we are not in a position to do anything about it. The publishers want to save the best material for the build-up to release, and we have to abide by that.

eladan

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 02:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

NLS wrote:
30 seconds to lock?
Else I might try it.

If you posted the question objectively, and didn't simply use it as yet another forum to rant about lack of info, I suspect it would be fine.

galatei_tf

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Egosoft and distributors should also take into account the fact that waiting can't take too long, as those who were interested, will simply get on with anything else, and if it happens that something quite interesting pops up soon, an opportunity may be missed. We all know, that distributors are exceptionally bad at building up of anticipation, and making a timed release, and quite often, developers suffer. They just have no clue how to do proper market research.
I don't mind late release and waiting, in fact just recently, I picked up an interest in another title, and now will wait for a promo to get Rebirth, no matte if it takes another year.
Good luck.

Shrewd135

PostPosted: Tue, 11. Dec 12, 03:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Alan Phipps wrote:

That is very inaccurate.

Its more like that same actor saying...

Actor- "Hey have you seen the promo for my new upcoming movie?? You should buy it!"
People- "Oh really? Awesome, who is in the movie?"
Actor- No comment
People- "When will it be coming out?"
Actor-No comment
Actor-"I can tell you that it has been in production and it is a movie."
People- "Can you give us any idea of the release date???"
Actor-"Why are you asking me all these questions??? I Told you that I cannot tell you even though I am promoting it!"
People- "Because you are a jackass, and we fell for it"

There would not be a REBIRTH forum, if they were not promoting the game.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 99, 100, 101  Next