[SCRIPT] Reduced Enemy Missiles

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Reduced Enemy Missiles

Post by Graxster » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 04:23

I rewrote several of the stock fight scripts to reduce the amount of "missile spamming" that enemies do now. These scripts will bring the missile fire rate back down to X3 Reunion levels (approx 5-10% chance). What prompted me to do this was that I started a custom game and was getting missile-spammed (5-10 missiles per encounter) even when attacking a small group of Pirates. Tough to survive that in a Buster. Looking at the scripts, they pretty much just unload on you 35-100% of the time. That's too much for a pilot like me, :D.

Enjoy!

-Grax

SPK

[ external image ]

RAR archive

[ external image ]
Last edited by Graxster on Fri, 28. Nov 08, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 14:16

Thankyou very much for this. I was getting really annoyed at going into battle and hearing nothing but bloody beeping and "Al-Al---Al--Aler---Alert---Aler--"
Rawr.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 17:50

Hehehe. And then you hear, "Ty..ty..ty..ty..ty..ty..ty..typhoon missile self destructed", lol.

-G

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 18:03

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 03:10

when i click on the link i get service unavailable , server bandwith exeeded ?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 04:23

Nope. Link is working fine for me. Try again.

-Grax

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 04:26

How does this script work in relation to m8 and m7ms?
do they still function (did they ever?)

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 04:31

These scripts pretty much make so-called "missile-boats" useless. I've seen M8's fly up to a Xenon and just fly around in circles until they die.

-G

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 04:44

:( oh well.

Then again, they carry too few missiles to be useful anyways (I see like 5 on an m8...)

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 05:28

still tells me service unavailable oh well will try another time

edit: tryed both links and it tells me the same thing , will try to click again and again we ll see ;)

edit 2 : it worked this time dunno why i was getting that unavailable thing

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 00:12

Hell yes.

Just got the game and I am already fed up with the missile spam. I haven't even seen enemy craft shoot their lasers; they just shoot missiles all over the place. Even friendly ships spam them, and a lot of the time, they shoot them right towards me ><

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 13:25

Had to get it,

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 17:13

i don't want to have NPC M7M wasted...but i am really sicked of Al...Al...Al...Al...Al...Al...Al...Al...ert (actually it's about 10 times more worst than what i've type here, i am encountering about 4~5 M7M in RRF plugin.

MonkeyBananas

Post by MonkeyBananas » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 19:31

Is this compatible with AP?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 20:41

MonkeyBananas wrote:Is this compatible with AP?

Probably not, because it modifies the vanilla scripts.

But you do not need it in AP, because AP already nerfs missiles from TC levels.

Set your turrets to "Missile Defense" and/or use Mosquito Missile Defense if you are having trouble dealing with missiles.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 13. Apr 15, 13:48

Just making a note of a couple of conflicts that Reduced Enemy Missiles has with Salvage Command Suite. I am going to try to work them out myself first.

!fight.attack.object.std.pck

Edit: Only one conflct, I am tired and accidentally included the !init.gz.set.mod.pck file.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 02:04

When I open the file !fight.attack.object.std.pck from Reduced Enemy Missiles in X-Studio, I get this message:

Unable to identify the document type, the file may be damaged or unsupported.

It also doesn't open in X3 Editor 2, and the in-game script editor doesn't list any of the scripts that begin with an "!".

Can you recommend anything that will allow me to get at the code in this file?
bibo ergo sum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 10:42

The file is okay and not damaged, as far as I can tell.

There are two easy ways two unpack .pck script files:

1. Extract the file with 7zip and add the file extension .xml to the extracted file. For this to work, the option to show file name extensions has to be enabled within your OS.

2. Open the Cat manager from the X3 Editor 2 (under Plugins). Under "File" create a new catalog (name and location doesn't matter). Drag the .pck script file to the now open window of your newly created cat in the X3 Editor 2. In the "Add Files" dialog, leave everything as it is (default settings should be "Compress: Check Compression Filter", "Compression: Automatic" and "If already exists: Ask") and press "OK". The pck file was now added to your cat. Now in the X3 Editor 2 click on the "Extract files" symbol. Select the destination location and if it isn't already, enable the option to "Decompress compress files". Afterwards hit "OK". At specified location, you will now find the .xml script file.

The first method is faster for single files. While the second is bit more complicated, but allows you to easily unpack a whole script package of pck files or all scripts from the scripts folder.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 12:46

ok, got the second method to work on a newly downloaded copy of reduced.enemy.missiles.rar, thanks for the info.

Kind of hard to read in X-Studio, blue on black is barely legible.

[Edit: fixed that in the preferences]

Once I get the differences between the two versions of !fight.attack.object.std.xml figured ouit and, hopefully, combined in a single version that works with both packages, I just reverse the process to make a .pck file to use instead of the two I started with?

Edit: Is there another HTML editor that can read these nonstandard HTML files? It's difficult to do a side-by-side comparison of two files in X-Studio (or I haven't found out how to do it).
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 14:04

ok

Both versions have changes that are different, so I took the (smaller) change from the SCS version and migrated it to the REM version, which I am calling "SCS-REM Compatibility Patch". I am going to try to make a !fight.attack.object.std.pck out of the !fight.attack.object.std.xml file now and see how far I get with it.
bibo ergo sum

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”