[script] Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge [Updated: 2013.05.17]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

7ate9tin11s
x4

[script] Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge [Updated: 2013.05.17]

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 06:00

Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge
Anonymous Argon wrote:"You know, it almost makes you feel sad for them. Between the Terrans, Xenon, and new ships by Otas corporation and others the Kha'ak are just not much of a threat. True, some of their ships can be a bit of a pest, but their sparseness and predictability make them a minor threat at most."

"It makes me wonder though, what will be their response to our rapid technological jumps? Will they be a threat again?"
Downloads:
:!: R3: https://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/d ... IK2_r3.zip
r3 contains bug fixes and hopefully a fix for the squash mine lockup issue some have reported, this is untested due to time constraints and can be downgraded/upgraded by just overwriting files. No restarts or anything needed :)

R2: http://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/do ... IK2_r2.zip (Thanks Bullwinkle!)

Usage
The menu can be accessed by toggling the AL task or in the optional Community Configuration Menu. On initial startup IK2 will examine the universe, this may take quite a while on an existing game. Once it is finished the menu will be available to enable and control IK2. For uninstallation, set IK2 to disabled through the menu and wait until shutdown of the script is complete.

Overview
  • Swarming Behavior - Kha'ak ships now prefer to target the same things as their neighbors. This leads to massive focus fire like is often used by players to reduce enemy numbers quickly.
  • Customized Death - Ships? Sizes? Sectors? Amounts? Times? Swarms? Abilities? Yeah, everything can be customized.
  • Eggs - Kha'ak ships can lay eggs, which will eventually spawn into new vessels. Even player-owned Kha'ak ships...ever wanted to spawn a destroyer? :twisted:
  • Player Hatred - The masochistic among you can ratchet up the player hate to be swarmed more often, while the cowards can keep it low to only be victims of random chance.
  • P2P Jumping - The most loved and hated feature from IK has returned to let Kha'ak ships perform in-sector jumps to quickly encircle and destroy targets (starts disabled). Don't worry though, your Kha'ak ships and even some others can do it to!
  • Swarm Notification - If a swarm is going to arrive and you have a ship or station within 3 sectors of the swarm, a message will be sent. Act quickly, the swarm waits for noone!
  • :!: Hatchery Sector - A queen and her brood sleep here, ever waiting, ever dreaming. Do you dare wake her?
    WARNING: This is a near impossible battle, save first!
  • :!: Queens Vengeance - So you actually killed her? Impressive. Can you survive the 30 minutes of focused swarm attacks that can optionally follow?
Player Commands
  • Insector Jumping - Undamaged Kha'ak ships or ships with both a jumpdrive and unfocused jumpdrive can execute insector p2p jumps to a target for the energy cell cost of a 5 times an insector gate jump (so 50 for a corvette) from the navagation menu. The ship must also have navigational software installed so they know where they are going. :roll:
  • Lay Eggs - Kha'ak ships with special command software can find this command under the general command options. For the player, laying eggs slowly canabalizes the hull of the ship to make an egg. After a time the egg will hatch into an appropriate vessel for the egg size, there is always a chance of laying eggs of a larger or smaller size than the current ship. Do be careful though, hull can be expensive.
Compatibility
  • So far no incompatible scripts or mods have been found. Combat scripts tested include XRM, MARs (Make sure to turn it on for all AI ships :fg: ), KI 1.2, and Karma (Makes life extra difficult :roll: ).
  • For IR2, Jack08 recommends disabling the IR2 'Improved Kha'ak' option to prevent the minor buildup of extra Kha'ak in the universe.
Future Plans
  • :!: Reward - Need to add more than a feeling of accomplishment for beating the queen...money is trivial at that endpoint of the game so what are your ideas?
Helping 7ate9tin11s
  • Difficulty Levels - I would like to put in some pre-defined difficulty levels in for those that fear to tread the customization maze. Please post your settings and suggestions!
  • Bugs - Find something broken? Let me know!
Technical Details
Text File: 8974
p2p Jump Command: 229
Hatch Egg Command: 1230
Lay Egg Command: 1231

Good luck out there! -7ate9tin11s

:!: Change Log
-Hatching AI eggs no longer call a non-existant script if too many eggs have hatched...basically they will now hatch if the hatched scripts go below the limit now
-Basic attack all script will no longer be ran on mines, satilites, stations, and other inappropriate targets selected to be eggs or ships. I think this will fix the mine lockup issue some have had.
-Hatchery sector is now randomized properly on initial startup
-Captured swarm vessels don't self-destruct
-Menus give hatchery information
-Swarm manager now recognizes and uses vengeance protocols
-Several fleets of Xenon I's were harmed in the testing of the hatchery.
-Hatchery toned down to 99 at 50% s, 25% m, 25% L from 125 at 33% s, 33% m, 33% L...I found a way to win, will you?
Last edited by 7ate9tin11s on Fri, 17. May 13, 17:25, edited 11 times in total.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 06:08

Reserving some space.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: [script] [alpha] Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 06:18

Sweeeet!

Thanks for bringing a real enemy back to AP, 789!

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 06:44

as posted on another thread...

SWEEEEET!!!! (drools over the download)

(wonders what a Kha'ak - Xenon fight would look like when they attack the same sector/station, especially one of the ones where there is a strong response to.... hopefully it will be sufficiently "furry" to be worthy of the description of "cluster...")

Should I be using a dedicated wingman for protection now?

Either I will have to invest more heavily in defenses, or keep my footprint in the universe small to concentrate the defenses...

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 07:00

SirDeathwalker wrote:(wonders what a Kha'ak - Xenon fight would look like when they attack the same sector/station, especially one of the ones where there is a strong response to.... hopefully it will be sufficiently "furry" to be worthy of the description of "cluster...")
Well, it made for a pretty lightshow in testing...until they decided my little corvette was tasty. :shock:

SirDeathwalker wrote:Should I be using a dedicated wingman for protection now?

Either I will have to invest more heavily in defenses, or keep my footprint in the universe small to concentrate the defenses...
Wingman? :lol:
Wing-armada...perhaps. 8)

It really depends on how it is customized. The default swarm of 66 ships has 0 to 5 large ships (M1, M2, M7 ), 5 to 15 medium (M3, M6, M8, TM), and the rest small (M5 and M4). It is more an act of god than a pest to be dismissed...especially with p2p enabled.

/Oh yeah, usage instructions...off to edit parent post yet again!

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 09:14

7ate9tin11s wrote: Wingman? :lol:
Wing-armada...perhaps. 8)
!
You haven't seen what i like as a personal ship, and the usual weapon load out is usually pretty nice, decent speed with cycrow's turbo boost, But it looks nice, loaded right up and it does list the ships added to the Kha'ak by the plugin manager. How about a way to configure the wild ones ship availability too? (maybe limit them to only certain of the available ships, or even unique ships)

(... though the effect might be accomplished by removing the available to the swarm and assigning whole new ones..... but that kinda defeats the purpose)

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 17:10

SirDeathwalker wrote:How about a way to configure the wild ones ship availability too? (maybe limit them to only certain of the available ships, or even unique ships)

(... though the effect might be accomplished by removing the available to the swarm and assigning whole new ones..... but that kinda defeats the purpose)
Currently the wild ones come from the swarm availability lists and only hatch from eggs, small eggs make small list Kha'ak, medium to medium, and large to large. So if the ship can be used by the swarm is can become a wild one (or even yours with the right egg and some luck!).

If I was to put in another set of 3 configurable lists for wild ones then there could only be 500 ship types per list instead of 1000 :roll:

I will think on it, does anyone else see a need to have different lists for wild and swarm Kha'ak?

/Really want to get hatchery done
//That will give you a run for your money
///if it works how it should :oops:

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 17:30

cool... :)

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 00:34

Cant DL ... both links are loading endlessly :(... anyway is it compatible with Khaak Invasion 1.2?

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 01:46

NighTragE wrote:Cant DL ... both links are loading endlessly :(
Hmmm...seems to work for me, try going to the page directly: http://www.x1tp.com/root/index.php?opti ... 3&cid=1568

NighTragE wrote:... anyway is it compatible with Khaak Invasion 1.2?
Should be, but I am testing them together tonight. I will post again with the results.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 03:58

Looks like they play nice...pity about the sector both hit at once though. :twisted:

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 09:26

so... potentially....

the Kha'ak, both swarm and invasion, the Xenon, pirates (pirate guild 3), Yaki (Yaki Armada), and response fleets (improved races 2.0) could in theory, attack the same sector at the same time.... (wonders what he can do to set about pushing the universe into that very scenario... ) that would be one unlucky system (incredibly ironic if said system was lucky planets). Could be even more interesting if Pheanon Corp was also trying to expand into that sector at the same time ( a potential 7 way furball without the player's forces involved...)... oh, to a space fly on that wall.... with a hd video camera... ;)

With both playing together I get the type of distinctly different groups with completely different personalities doing completely different things I was hoping for (the random Wild one's make it even more random...)

And with the customization of the ship lists, you can even make them look different :D (imagining a Swarm of B5 Shadow vessels after cranking the large ships in the swarm to 2-9 and med to 10-25 for the shadow fighters)

(makes me think of a request..... someone who knows how to add/modify the engine sound associated with a vessel when you get close)

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 10:08

Based on your posts this one is compatible wit Khaak invasions and XRM at the same time?
Any special installation requirements?
Haste-whip TrixX!

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 13:18

Tnx mate for link.

EDIT: Compatible with AP right? Asking just to be sure.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 16:45

NighTragE wrote:Compatible with AP right? Asking just to be sure.
Yes, developed on AP. Also works great with XRM, Kha'ak Invasion 1.2, Karma, MARs, etc. In general, I have not found anything incompatible yet and I play with a rather large host of scripts in my normal games.

The default number of wilds, swarms and eggs can be adjusted to improve performance/deadliness as well. I do not yet have actual difficulty levels yet for pre-set stats (I am looking for suggestions on those!), but everything is very customizable.

/wanders off to add a compatibility section to parent...

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 18:01

Ok cool mate, ive tested in game and invasions/swarms appear very often where can i customize this (timescale between invasions/swarms)? Also i didnt noticed i get any money for killing them.

Ps: Got MAJOR invasion in the Family Zyarth... 4 Dystroyers, 2 Carriers and tons of M7's and Eggs, barely get out alive but Xenon I rocks :P (freakin love that ship ) XD

Also i have TC plots in AP and seems it works well! Btw is it smart to eneble swarms in Khaak Border/Core sectors? Im asking because i love to kill them.

And final question:
In Family Zyarth after last incursion there are no more stations :(, will stations will be respawned or?

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 11. Dec 12, 19:19

I was looking over the customization and realized you are a genius... an evil genius :twisted:

this can be made to simulate almost ANY group as an "out of control" rebel or outlaw element, just sowing chaos and destruction is a seemingly indiscriminate manner (kinda like your average terrorist org (if you like to simulate that sort of thing)).... where you can tone it down to nuisance level or crank it up to necromonger/scorched earth level. (set the swarm to a large number of minimum large, and a lot of medium)

-just by switching out the ships available....

methinks my universe is going to get very interesting in the chinese sense of the word...

:twisted:

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 03:11

NighTragE wrote:Ok cool mate, ive tested in game and invasions/swarms appear very often where can i customize this (timescale between invasions/swarms)?
To customize time, open the menu, select 'Swarms...' and change the rebuild time. Alternatively, reduce the number of swarms in the universe to 1 or 2 and keep the same timing.
NighTragE wrote:Also i didnt noticed i get any money for killing them.
If you have the police license for the sector you should receive the normal payouts. It also works wonderfully with the bounty system for XRM and, I think, the bounty boost plugin also works (I use it, but do not have logging turned on...I like anonymous money pouring into my accounts! :D )
NighTragE wrote:Ps: Got MAJOR invasion in the Family Zyarth... 4 Dystroyers, 2 Carriers and tons of M7's and Eggs, barely get out alive but Xenon I rocks :P (freakin love that ship ) XD
Pre-released beta allowed for up to 15 m1/2 ships in a swarm...are you suggesting I should not have toned it down? :roll:

If you want it to be harder the same swarm menu mentioned above will let you adjust the swarm composition to anything you want. Please let me know what you find to be good values and what you would call your personal difficulty level. I may include it when I add difficulty presets (it is currently at 7ate9tin11s easy mode... :fg: )
NighTragE wrote:Also i have TC plots in AP and seems it works well! Btw is it smart to eneble swarms in Khaak Border/Core sectors? Im asking because i love to kill them.
Ah, this beings up a point most will not have noticed. The sector blacklist starts pre-populated with any sector that contains an invincible object. There is also a greylist that holds recently attacked sectors and any unknown sectors without player assets in them. The graylist is occasionally checked and sectors are removed if they become valid. I wanted the action on populated sectors.
NighTragE wrote:In Family Zyarth after last incursion there are no more stations :(, will stations will be respawned or?
Yes, unless you have killed god, the sector will automatically rebuild. It usually takes 3-24 hours depending on how god feels though.
SirDeathwalker wrote:I was looking over the customization and realized you are a genius... an evil genius

this can be made to simulate almost ANY group as an "out of control" rebel or outlaw element, just sowing chaos and destruction is a seemingly indiscriminate manner (kinda like your average terrorist org (if you like to simulate that sort of thing)).... where you can tone it down to nuisance level or crank it up to necromonger/scorched earth level. (set the swarm to a large number of minimum large, and a lot of medium)

-just by switching out the ships available....

methinks my universe is going to get very interesting in the chinese sense of the word...
Why thank you. Technically I could put in a little menu option to spawn a new IK instance, then select a race/enemy and it would be complete. Perhaps one day if I get ambitious ;)

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 07:02

Oh yeah:
Version r2
[ external image ][ external image ]
Or visit the download page directly.

New Stuff
  • :!: Hatchery Sector - A queen and her brood sleep here, ever waiting, ever dreaming. Do you dare wake her?
    WARNING: This is a near impossible battle, save first!
  • :!: Queens Vengeance - So you actually killed her? Impressive. Can you survive the 30 minutes of focused swarm attacks that can optionally follow?
I may have to tone down the boss battle a bit more, it is rather harsh. It harkens back to the original Insanity mode that could take the universe in an hour...but all wrapped up in a single sector.

The technical details of the 'boss' fight are as follows:
-The sector has 99 eggs in it that are arranged in a diamond shape around the sleeping queen. They are randomized, but should end up around 50% small, 25% medium, and 25% large.
-There is only one queen and whatever Kha'ak the game engine have spawned there (usually a cluster or 3)
-Any non-player enemy of the Kha'ak is instantly destroyed to make it a 'fair' fight
-The queen is invincible to missiles until she awakens by having a ship get close enough.
-The queen drains energy cells and energy from your vessels. The more vessels in the sector the faster the queens shields increase.
-At the start of battle and every ten minutes or so the queen will summon a swarm to assist. Yes, you can adjust options for weak swarms to make the fight easier...coward :wink:
-The queen only uses p2p jumping and does not ever use the engine on her ship. She also does not jump to your ships to get killed, the chase is on!
-The queen will use a small 5-15 missile flurry occasionally. These target missiles aiming at her before going for ships.

Let me know how you beat her and what you think should be done to make her more powerful or balanced.

-7ate9tin11s

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 15:47

789@ Wow you put an effort into this :D, btw do you know smth about ship modelling? =)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”