[SCR] Commercial Agent [2010-04-28 X3TC 3.3.03]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Sun, 2. Dec 12, 19:14

Please help, my CAG is not selling anything from my ore mine in Antigone's Memorial :evil:

I've trained him to courier, set him to sell ore in CAG config and still he does nothing.
Used search, tried to change many values with 0 result...
Its very frustrating :(

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Dec 12, 21:12

Maybe lower the selling price for ore at his homebase?

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Mon, 3. Dec 12, 15:46

Yes, i've found that it was the problem. Now all works as intended :)

And courier is not good idea to start with, turned out that it is really better to train pilots with CLS before.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 00:34

I've run into another problem with my CAG:
I have the closed-loop complex of CIGs and FAAs (1 factory of each) in Antigone's Memorial and max level CAG Mistral Freighter assigned to it with following config:

Trade Duties:
Purchase Resourses (10%)
Sell Products (0%)
Sell Products Freighter Cargo Bay (X%)
Purchase intermediate products (20%)
Selll intermediate products (Y%)

No matter what X or Y are, he ALWAYS just sells interm. products and NEVER sells CIGs :evil: (Not range/jump config problem - complex says that closest buyer for CIGs is at 2 jumps range and Interm. Prod. are being sold over all galaxy) What I am doing wrong? :(

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 06:57

Well you might want to put something else than 0 in sell products.
Sell products=sell what the factory/complex produces

And for the sell intermidiate , I think the number there says when they are allowed to sell
so you might want to ramp it up.. The best is probably to use the preset trading profiles.
F signature

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 7. Dec 12, 08:32

Peanutcat wrote:Well you might want to put something else than 0 in sell products.
Sell products=sell what the factory/complex produces

And for the sell intermidiate , I think the number there says when they are allowed to sell
so you might want to ramp it up.. The best is probably to use the preset trading profiles.

Unless I am mistaken:

- Sell Products (sell product down to %)= the amount of products that trader will leave in the station. If it is set to 0% it will attempt to sell all, it you set it to 10% it will leave that amount in the station and sell surplus above that percentage. Set to 100% should sell none.

- Sell intermediate products - The percentage set above which the I.P. are sold, similar to the above setting. The higher the setting the more stock is left at the station. 100% sells none , 0% sells all. There is also a setting to specifically set what to do with intermediate products (Buy,Sell,Buy Sell and None).

- Purchase intermediate product - Again same principle but in this case it will buy intermediate product when stocks fall below the percentage stated. 0% never buy, 100% buys always (kind of).

Although my CAGs normally do as expected they do occasionally refuse to work, on those occasions two things have proved useful.

1 - Reset his settings to default and restat him adjusting the settings one at the time.

2 - Leave him be for a while and just assume that he is on strike, often enough he will resume working as instructed of his own accord.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 09:34

I have no idea what is wrong this time :(

2 SPP XL complex in Menelaus Frontier, intended to buy cheap e-cells and to sell them for best price...
Energy Sells are set as intermediate product, with buying price 12 cr (shows that even at 1 jump there are supplies)

First GAG who is supposed to buy is set up that way:
Ware list(Trade list): Energy Sells
Trade Duties: Shopper
Purchase resources: 101%(disabled) (have tried 80% too, just in case)
Sell prod. fr. cargo bay: 101%(disabled)
Purchase intermediate: 80%
Sell intermediate: 101% (disabled)

So he supposed to buy cheap e-cells so other traders could sell them at better prices but he is idling all the time!
I dont get what is wrong :x

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 11:33

lumbrius wrote:I have no idea what is wrong this time :(

2 SPP XL complex in Menelaus Frontier, intended to buy cheap e-cells and to sell them for best price...
Energy Sells are set as intermediate product, with buying price 12 cr (shows that even at 1 jump there are supplies)

First GAG who is supposed to buy is set up that way:
Ware list(Trade list): Energy Sells
Trade Duties: Shopper
Purchase resources: 101%(disabled) (have tried 80% too, just in case)
Sell prod. fr. cargo bay: 101%(disabled)
Purchase intermediate: 80%
Sell intermediate: 101% (disabled)

So he supposed to buy cheap e-cells so other traders could sell them at better prices but he is idling all the time!
I dont get what is wrong :x

I don't quite understand that.

2 solar power plants complex, intended to buy cheap e-cells...

If the purpose of the complex is to sell for best price, wouldn't e-cells be the product rather than the resource?

Also why do you need to buy e'cells when you have invested in 2 xl spp?

If the complex is set up correctly last thing you need to worry is buying e-cells.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 15:51

Brinnie wrote:I don't quite understand that.

2 solar power plants complex, intended to buy cheap e-cells...

If the purpose of the complex is to sell for best price, wouldn't e-cells be the product rather than the resource?

Also why do you need to buy e'cells when you have invested in 2 xl spp?

If the complex is set up correctly last thing you need to worry is buying e-cells.
I want to agitate NPC economy a bit by redistributing e-cells from NPC SPPs to their factories. These my SPPs are only for storage, I've disabled production on them, and e-cells are set as intermediate, no product. I dont need neither e-cells nor money, I have millions of e-cells from my other complexes and 2bil+ credits :)

So, maybe I should use 2 different complexes - to set up 2 different e-cell prices to buy and sell? Or it is still possible to set one CAG to buy e-cells as intermediate for SPP with some other settings rather than these above?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 21:09

lumbrius wrote: I want to agitate NPC economy a bit by redistributing e-cells from NPC SPPs to their factories. These my SPPs are only for storage, I've disabled production on them, and e-cells are set as intermediate, no product. I dont need neither e-cells nor money, I have millions of e-cells from my other complexes and 2bil+ credits :)

So, maybe I should use 2 different complexes - to set up 2 different e-cell prices to buy and sell? Or it is still possible to set one CAG to buy e-cells as intermediate for SPP with some other settings rather than these above?

That is something that never even crossed my mind. :)

I am only going to say this as an unqualified guess but maybe the CAGs are having difficulties with coping with ECells being product and intermediate product at the same time. Having a crysis trying to figure out whether to buy or sell.

Generally speaking if I want the CAG to buy, regardless of whether it is intermediate products or resources, I set the "Purchase ..." to 90-99 though the default setting is not a bad start.

If I understand well you want to buy as much energy at low price so too have an effect on the economy. I am not good enough with economics to grasp the concept so excuse If I am talking crap but I would not use the SPPs to do that.

The way I see it SPPs are better for producing energy, whether for personal use, sale or both. I would use rather large complexes that only need ECells (they are otherwise self sufficient), something like bogas and bofu, soya farms and soya husk...
For ex. 20+ soya farms/soyeries complex to absorb the cheap e-cells from the surrounding sectors, while producing a product which is in demand in the local sectors.

I would use enough CAGs to buy ECells only at low prices from NPCs only. If you have enough complexes like these ones you should buy a large chunk of the cheap ecells.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 26. Dec 12, 01:21

Wouldn't UT's (or ST's) do the same thing -- except with easier setup?

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 12:02

They actually would, but I want to have control over groups of wares separately.

Well, that's another weird thing I'd like to report:

Dragonfly missile complex, 1 GAC as trader:
Energy cells and Ore in trade list
Trade duty: Trader
Buy resources 80% - ok, he does that well.
Purchase intermediate products 101% :!: - to disable it
Sell intermediate products 90%
- and he goes to buy Ore when complex is full of ore 8320/8320 instead of selling it??? How it can be ever screwed?? :evil:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 12:26

lumbrius wrote:They actually would, but I want to have control over groups of wares separately.
The Economy and Supply Trader would be a better choice then.
lumbrius wrote:and he goes to buy Ore when complex is full of ore 8320/8320 instead of selling it???
Selling Ore? Why should he sell a resource?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 22:07

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Selling Ore? Why should he sell a resource?
I've set Ore as intermediate product, because complex is making slightly more Ore than required :)

Solved that problem by setting Purchase resources to 50%, Purshase intermediates 0% (i.e. dont buy, works better than 101%), Sell intermediate 90%.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 18:27

Is there any way to make CAG and CLS pilots NOT to buy fighter drones and mosquitos? I've tried to eject Fight Command software bt they still do that.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 22:18

Bonus pack version = NO

Stand alone version = YES

Go to Lucike's site and download his latest version. It has options to set the amount of drones and missiles purchased.
Still life in the old dog yet...

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 20:59

Wouldn't that stand alone version mark my game ad ***modified***? :(

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 7. Jan 13, 21:08

Yes, it will mark your save as *modified*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Staxed

Post by Staxed » Tue, 15. Jan 13, 01:59

does anyone have a link to the current download? I can't seem to find it on his site (I also don't know german), and I checked the thread with links to his mods in it on this site and didn't see a link for this one?

I want to install the bonus pack but I want the updated versions of the scripts so trying to find this one.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”