Imperial Laboratories - Nuclear Tracker Mines 1.0 5/11/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Imperial Laboratories - Nuclear Tracker Mines 1.0 5/11/12

Post by LV » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 21:38

Imperial Library Scripts Must be Installed!

[ external image ]

Manual Install required

version 1.0

Introducing Nuclear Tracker Mines

Found at the bottom of your main Combat menu ----------

After This Poll I happily went into my laboratory to create the next Imperial Plugin from the wishes of the baying mob

As usual the concept is simple, the reality wasn't but "mine goes boom, instead of pffft" is now complete

Core Menu
[ external image ]

Now this is how it should work and how i do it but please try to find combos that cause issues and report back, it's working fine for me.

=======================
Change Mine Settings - This will allow on the fly changes to existing deployed mines so you can change enemy races, range and also ship classes to attack

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

============================================
Set Enemy Races
[ external image ]

Wax on wax off - then save

========================================
Set Ship Classes To Attack

[ external image ]

Wax on wax off - then save

==========================================
Deploy Mine

Do this only when you have the yield set, feel free not to, you may lose your stuff but why listen to me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Set Yield

This is where you see the true power of this fully operation Death Star 8)

[ external image ]

Any single Item on your ship can be mixed to create a mine. As you can see, in addition to this once you finalise the mix you will get a bonus depending on what type of wares you have chosen to mix to your final yield. (note yield can go up as well as down!)

Each item has an initial yield value and once chosen it will no longer be in the menu to choose from. The higher the cost the more yield although some of the more basic stuff like food and bio's will only return low yields if mixed as a standalone.

[ external image ]

Once you have finalised your mix you can then deploy your mine. (Warning escaping this menu or the MAIN menu at this stage may remove wares but not drop the mine, dithering is for girls!) it will ask for a range - If you choose "Detonate When Attacked" it will do so.

Looking at your mines you will see the yield and range in the display, if the range is 1 then this means it only detonates when attacked ;)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

==============================================

Forum Minion :- OK LV, so you made a fancy looking navigation beacon, what does it actually do. (I didn't use a mine as they seem to be a little slow in doing what my scripts tell them when they decide to listen at all)

LV :- Well, well, well, what do you think it does, does The Empire do small; or do things tend to die a horrible death when touched by the imperial glove.

Lets do this by way of a pre-emptive FAQ

Q. Hey LV, I made a 13 megatonne yield mine, nothing died bar an m5 that was very close to it.
A. Would you also drop a single droplet of water via a pipette onto your tongue and say ""I'm Still Thirsty"

Q. I made a big mine and broke the bank, It went off and i saw the "Game Over" Tagline - what's the point in a weapon that kills me idiot

A. One may want to leave the sector if one does not want to be involved in a large Nuclear Blast - It's not rocket science (well actually......)

Easter Egg - Maybe utilising things that get left behind after a detonation may allow ones shields to be impervious to the blast ;)

Q. Easter Eggs, it's nearly Christmas you fool.

A. Do i appear Jolley to you?, tis is the season to keep ones eyes on dead stations and heavy capitals

Q. How do i kill a station then
A. Get a mine close and wait for a target to appear, size matters ladies ;)

Q. Can i pick my mine back up
A. Have you ever seen even a Hollywood movie where the pilot collects a guided warhead mid-flight? .... NO

Q. There is no sound when i deploy or when the mine finds it target
A. Someone didn't read the great big text at the start of this post about Imperial Library scripts being installed did they ?

Q. Your Tracker Mines have a range and do they move?
A. Yes they will move towards their target but only for short time then detonate, the further away from the target the less damage will be inflicted

Q. Does this mean if i set a range of 50k and the mine activates it will not do damage for ships further away.
A. Yes but you can always make a 2 billion cr mine, that may still take the entire sector out :)

===============================

I think that's everything covered off the top of my head, feel free to feedback, the math seriously has got on my tits so i'm open to a few tweaks.

Did i mention that

Imperial Library Scripts Must be Installed!

---------------------

FINAL WARNING
At 1.0 this script is not an ALP meaning once installed it should not be removed if active Nuclear Mines still exist in the game

=============================================

Tech Stuff

t file 8865

Command Combat 356
Last edited by LV on Mon, 5. Nov 12, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 22:24

Making WMD out of Beef and Marines... :lol: Terrorism has advanced to the next level it seems.
1 megaton is the equivalent of how much shield damage at ground zero?
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 22:32

Good questions but i really couldn't say, I just tweaked the explosions until they felt right to me (as i said i'm open to feedback as everything at my disposal is free)

The last three weeks have involved quite a few sectors becoming empty or untouched tbh, trial and error...................

In reference to your comment over the mix, anybody who can categorically prove mixing beef and marines does not involve a deadly risk of explosion can "Step into my office" :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 08:48

Have you ever seen even a Hollywood movie where the pilot collects a guided warhead mid-flight? .... NO
Spoiler
Show
Iron Man did that in Avengers.
Anyway, excellent idea ! :D Brewing a bomb out of meatsteaks, missiles, passengers and spaceflies sounds like a lot of fun to me !
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 09:27

Ikaruga wrote:Brewing a bomb out of meatsteaks, missiles, passengers and spaceflies sounds like a lot of fun to me !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_eKj3lBIPM
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 14:09

:skull: BOOOMM :skull:
:o :rofl:

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 00:22

Marines plus Meatsteaks? I bet that's an explosive combination under any circumstances.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 09:32

The explosion would be even bigger if the marines were ...
:)
8)
... beefed up !

YEEEAAAAH !
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 10:02

So the X-Rebirth supernova was the result of LV loading his entire empire into a single mine? :lol:
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 22. Nov 12, 09:30

IDEA: Could this thing not be used to make some kind of terrorist / revenge mod?
For example, you really anoy some race or company. When your reputation reaches the lowest level, they start some revenge action. A covert M3 fitted out with cargo bay shielding and one of these mines is send out. It travels the sectors untill it reaches anything belonging to the player.
It flies close to the station then places the egg. Then, the M3 turns red and flees as fast as possible to safety.
The moment it is placed, a random countdown starts (e.g. 2-5 minutes).
After placement, the station crew also notices the danger within a random period of 30-60 sec. After getting aware of the danger, a message is sent to the player :'Uh Oh....HELP!'.
Now, if the player is fast enough, reaches and destroys the mine before the countdown reaches 0, ok. If not - goodnight Gracie.

How to identify the danger beforehand? Few ideas:
- Let's say, the split are the anoyed race. They would then take a paranid m3 (if the player is befrended with the paranid). But the pilot would still be a split.
- Also some hint could be given by the naming of the ship.
- And, if getting too close to the m3, say < 1km, it looses its cover and reveals its true nature

What do you think of such a mod?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”