[SCR] Commercial Agent [2010-04-28 X3TC 3.3.03]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 03:37

oh really, so in a station that doesn't buy any resources he wont level up? lol I see.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 07:06

That is why I dont use CAG. I always build closed loops, so I never need to buy anything. Thus, no leveling up is possible, so CAG is totally useless.

Its a big hole in the logic as far as I'm concerned.

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 08:33

Well, I think CAG was designed for people who place stations in sectors that are already established, yet missing things. Which is essentially the entire X3 Universe, very full of holes. So a sector with Solar Arrays and Cahoona Factories would need some Beef Factories, so instead of making a complex, you can make a beef factory and have a CAG do the sector trading.

Then again you can just put a sector trader in there... I dunno

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 15:48

Conbadicus wrote:Then again you can just put a sector trader in there... I dunno
Exactly.

CAG is focused. Some people like it, and that's great.

However, I just create a bunch of UT's and they handle all of my factories without any effort other than setting the prices.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. Jul 12, 16:23

As per S&M forum rules, please always ask questions about a script or mod in its respective topic.

***merged***

You can get trained pilots with the help of the Commodity Logistics software:
CLS readme wrote:Hint: If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
CLS and CAG pilots are interchangeable. So when you have a CLS trader with an appropriate rank, you can start him as CAG and he will keep his experience.

You can also train pilots by setting up certain routes. See Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Vicius

Post by Vicius » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 18:27

Download links aren't working.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 19:19

Check the third post of the previous page. There you find a link to Lucikes website, where you can download the script.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

rbettele
x2

Post by rbettele » Fri, 20. Jul 12, 19:31

I always seem to have problems with CAG doing anything other than default..

For example:
I have a shield complex, just needs a bit of crystals topping up to keep it running.
So I turn on CAG for my trade ship. Auto naming 9, White list wares to Crystals and 1 MJ Shield.. Everything else default.

So the guy should buy in crystals and sell my shields right ??
Nope! CAG on standby... forever it seems.

Station params have crystals and shield destinations in range at given prices...

Without changing ANYTHING I can set the trader to Buy crystals for best price and he will launch straight away or Sell for sheilds and again launches straight away...
OR
If I just turn on CAG with all default settings he'll launch and go buy stuff... (but not always what I want him to!)

Why !!!???? :evil:
What am I doing wrong ???
Dont blame me it's all my parents fault !

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 23:09

Hi,

For some reason Commercial Agent options seem disabled under XRM mod.

I've tried bonus + downloaded the latest script+lib versions from lucike webpage and the result is exactly the same... The script exists, it is acknowledge but the options remain grey (not possible to select) even when the trader has all the equipment needed to start.

BTW this is on X3TC has someone else have this problem with community agent on XRM??? Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 09:59

The script exists, it is acknowledge but the options remain grey (not possible to select) even when the trader has all the equipment needed to start.
The first time you start the CAG command, the appropriate ship has to be docked at a station. Otherwise the pilot is not able to enter the ship.

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Wed, 29. Aug 12, 21:00

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
The script exists, it is acknowledge but the options remain grey (not possible to select) even when the trader has all the equipment needed to start.
The first time you start the CAG command, the appropriate ship has to be docked at a station. Otherwise the pilot is not able to enter the ship.
Sir you are quite right! Many thanks for this insight - docking the trader was one thing I haven't tried. . :D

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 06:51

Is there any easy way of blacklisting pirate bases? My commercial representatives want to sell spaceweed to them and end up suiciding on laser towers.

I could blacklist every pirate sector and every pirate base but with XRM also installed.. that's over an hours worth of work. Plus the pirate bases are regularly destroyed and respawn.

There's gotta be an easier way right? Anyone have an idea? (Other than don't sell drugs. Which I admit is fair)

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Sun, 14. Oct 12, 13:40

Set Pirates to foe at their ship menu.

djjmatexxe

Post by djjmatexxe » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 18:35

Hi

My highest lvl CLS2 pilot stands IDLE at the argon fed shipyard, fully loaded with ecell, it should be transporting ecell to my complex in The Wall from Elena's Fortune.

Here's a log from it, plz help.

Commodity Logistics Software MK2

Script version: 3302
Libraries version: 3409
Pilot Union version: 3307

Pilot: Leo Halter
Pilot rank: Logistician
Flight time: 11:17 hour
Employ time: 23:57 hour
Payment: 13,410 credits
Profit: -128,974 credits
Expenses: 0 credits

Promotion: Yes
Payment: Station account

Ship name: CLS2 Your Mercury LO
Ship class: TS
Ship type: Mercury
Transport class: Extra Large Containers XL
Cargo bay size: 3000 units
Cargo bay volume: 1 units

Relation to Argon: Neutral
Relation to Boron: Neutral
Relation to Split: Neutral
Relation to Paranid: Neutral
Relation to Teladi: Neutral
Relation to Xenon: Foe
Relation to Kha'ak: Foe
Relation to Pirates: Neutral
Relation to Goner: Neutral
Relation to ATF: Neutral
Relation to Terran: Neutral
Relation to Yaki: Neutral

Commodity Logistics Software MK1: installed
Commodity Logistics Software MK2: installed
Fight Command Software MK1: not installed
Fight Command Software MK2: not installed

Transporter Device: not installed

Supply Command Software: not installed

Jump Drive: not installed
Jump Drive: disabled
Jump Drive: allowed
Jump Drive energy: 300 energy cells
Jump Drive minimum jumps: 1 jumps

Home base: Energy Hub (Elena's Fortune)
Home base class: Complex Hub
Home base type: Argon Complex Hub
Station account: 165,994 credits
Global account: 13,583,752 credits

Ship in the same sector: No
Wait for request signal: No

Minimum transfer on collection: 5 %
Minimum transfer on delivery: 5 %

Waypoint: Energy Hub (Elena's Fortune)
Ware: Energy Cells
Ware price: 0 credits
Transfer code: 3000
Price and cargo bay at station: 14 credits, cargo bay 14,613 units (22 %)

Waypoint: Meat Hub (The Wall)
Ware: Energy Cells
Ware price: 0 credits
Transfer code: -3000
Price and cargo bay at station: 18 credits, cargo bay 0 units (0 %)

djjmatexxe

Post by djjmatexxe » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 21:24

One more thing... What happens with the money CAG pilot uses to buy resource? I can't really summarize my problem, so I'll just write down the whole situation.

One day, my SPP runs out of Crystals... OK, I tell myself, so what? My CAG pilot will take care of it... And yeah he goes and buys about ~1800 crystals... A Medium SPP can hold about ~700... The CAG goes and sells the rest almost instantly... But the SPP's station account goes down from 500k to almost 0...
What happened to the money that the CAG pilot got from selling the surplus crystals? To my global account, or into the Void? Most certainly not my SPP's account... This sh*t happened twice already, so its not really profitable... AND IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PROFITSSSS!

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 17:42

I am having problems with understanding the autotransfer feature.
How do I set:

- 1 When station's funds drop below a certain amount > Move X amount of funds from Player's account into station's account.

- 2 When station's fund reach a certain amount > Transfer X amount of credits to Player's account.

Thanks.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 16:55

Maybe the following link / information could be edited into the first post of this thread by a moderator?
DrBullwinkle wrote:[Script is available on] Lucike's web site. CAG is called "Representatives" there (or "Trade Representatives").

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 19:08

You took my post out of context, ptb. Most people get the CAG software from the Bonus Pack. Lucike's version may be slightly different (although I do not know of any documentation about possible differences). Usually, Lucike's versions are better-maintained than the Bonus Pack but, in the case of CAG, I think it is pretty mature (meaning "stable") in the Bonus Pack version.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 19:12

DrBullwinkle wrote:You took my post out of context, ptb. Most people get the CAG software from the Bonus Pack. Lucike's version may be slightly different (although I do not know of any documentation about possible differences). Usually, Lucike's versions are better-maintained than the Bonus Pack but, in the case of CAG, I think it is pretty mature (meaning "stable") in the Bonus Pack version.
My point is that the links in the first post are dead, and this thread is still pointed to from the "[Index] Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict" list. If you think that the link to this thread should be moved to the "Discontinued: Deprecated or no longer available" section, that is a different matter.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 19:55

People who have ever used any forum before (not just the EgoSoft forum) know enough to check the last couple of pages for updated information. The first post does not always have to be maintained (although it is nice if the original poster is still available).

In this case, the links to the software should include the Bonus Pack, since that is where most people get the script.

Your campaign to update all of the links on the forum is noble, even if sometimes over-enthusiastic. However, when you post incorrect information, it is more confusing to newbies than it is helpful. I'm just trying to help you to get the correct information. :)

AP Bonus Pack
TC Bonus Pack
Lucike CAG "Representatives"

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”