[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 19:40

How do I uninstall this?

I opened the script editor and found the MARS uninstall bit, but I have no idea how to run it. I tried hitting R, but then it asks me if I want to remove MARS from a ship or station, or null.

I'm confused needless to say.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 20:02

It's asking you for a place to run on. After pressing 'r', simply hit 'Enter' twice (the script will run on 'null', i.e. globally, and terminate then).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 20:15

I did that but I still have the MARS upgrade in my ship and I still have MARS options for my turrets.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 20:30

Did you also do the other steps named in the FAQ?
Gazz wrote:Q: How do I uninstall MARS?

A: You
- delete scripts\setup.plugin.gz.mars.xml
- in the script editor run plugin.gz.mars.uninstall
- save the game.
I guess after saving the game, you also have to load it again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 20:54

Yup. I did that all.

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Sat, 3. Nov 12, 03:30

When I first tried to install this I did so through Cycrow's plugin manager. It said it installed okay, but I didn't see it in the list of installed plugins, so I extracted the zip in my X3TC directory.

Could that be why I can't remove it normally?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 3. Nov 12, 14:42

You are playing TC, right?

1) If you followed the uninstall instructions correctly, then MARS must be uninstalled. Installation method is unrelated. Remember that previous saved games may still have remnants of MARS... only the save after running the uninstall script is fully uninstalled.

2) Note that Missile Defense Mk2 is included with MARS, so you will have to uninstall that as well: Delete setup.plugin.gz.missile.def.mk2.xml.

3) If you do not enable the options for enemy capital ships then, by default, MARS does not function on enemy ships. See page 19 of the the manual for the configuration options. There was some misleading advice in the universe thread on that point.

4) If you still have problems with boarding after ensuring that it is not a turret script causing your trouble, then re-read my post about boarding your target Osaka in the Universe thread. Especially point (2) in that post.

5) If you want to be able to board while giving MARS to enemies (which is a fun challenge after you have mastered the vanilla game), then use X3 Editor to change Boarding Pods to fragmentation type. This makes it possible to board against MARS-equipped capital ships with lots of flak cannons. It does not guarantee boarding -- it just makes it possible.

gleak
x3tc

Post by gleak » Sat, 3. Nov 12, 20:05

MARS or SMART , wich one you prefer guys ?

i have a question about this mod.
we know OOS and IS fight math aren't the same. does SMART mod take care of that, and populate maximum of the turret when OOS ?
i want to know if i must switch back to vanilla action for my OOS ship and keep smart enable only for IS

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 3. Nov 12, 23:30

You will have to ask about Smart in the Smart Turrets thread. MARS does automatically populate turrets with maximum-damage weapons when OOS.

I can also say that MARS is surprisingly CPU-efficient, given all that it does.

gleak
x3tc

Post by gleak » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 00:18

i want to try this turret mod .
i just downloaded a 5.2.4 zip archive named mars-tc.zip
is it okay for X3 AP ?

but when i install it with X plugin manager, the archive is not on the list. i didn't have any error appeared after intall (install archive)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 4. Nov 12, 01:59

MARS Repacked for Plugin Manager

MARS v5.26 Repacked for Plugin Manager (for Vanilla TShips) for AP 3.x

MARS v5.25 repacked for Plugin Manager (for Vanilla TShips) for AP1.x-2.x

The Plugin Manager will automatically renumber the included fake patch. The fake patch has TShips modified for Repair Goblins. Both TC and AP versions are in the fake patch; in their correct folders.
  • If you install this manually (instead of using the Plugin Manager) then put the fake patch into the correct folder for your game and renumber it appropriately. See Installation Tips if you need more information about Fake Patches.

MARS for Plugin Manager for Major Mods (XRM, XTC, etc)
MARS v5.26 for major mods (XRM, XTC, etc.)
Use this version if you have a modified TShips that already includes MARS repair goblins. (v5.26 is identical to v5.25)

Important: You may have to get a modified t file from your mod's developer.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Thu, 6. Jun 13, 22:42, edited 5 times in total.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Mars weapon system./Goblins

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 05:51

I am playing AP with Mars and Marine repairs installed;

I have two questions the first involves my attempt to sneak up and cap a Hyp/V.

as soon as I change Friend/Foe settings my Goblins launch themselves at the nearest police patrols in sector.

Any suggestions how I can disable the goblins auto launch settings whilst I cap the Hyperion ?.

Second is that since installing the above scripts I have experienced a greater than expected FPS drop any suggestions on how to rectify I'm running an Intel dual core 3.4ghz chip with four gig of ddr2 ram and an NVidia 1Gb Video card.

scripts were installed via Litecubes plug in manager.

Edit: Merged with MARS thread, as per S&M posting rules. X2-Illuminatus
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 06:44

In this forum you should post in the thread for the script about which you inquire. In this case: MARS Fire Control. That way, the author will see your post, other users may help, and it will help to keep the forum organized.

There is a hotkey to recall Goblins. It also disables Goblins from re-launching for several minutes. Details in the MARS manual.

Note that Goblins launched against most ships simply harass the enemy. They do not actually do any damage.

There is also a hotkey to disable MARS turrets. You may want to use that after you have stripped your target's shields.

MARS is the heavyweight turret script. Depending on which options you choose and which ships you run it on, it could be CPU-intensive. Personally, I have never had a problem with performance (I run MARS on enemy ships). Is the FPS drop noticeable? Or merely measurable? On which ships have you enabled MARS?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 21:04

Dr Bullwinkle;

Mars is on all M class ships ie Capitals

The FPS drop is noticable and becomes worse the longer I play.

I have tried reducing graphics loading but to no avail any suggestions w3ould be appreciated.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 23:24

By "M class" do you mean military ships? Including fighters?

Is MARS enabled on all of your capital ships? Or all enemy capital ships? Or both?

Try setting MARS to run only on the player ship to test whether MARS is causing the performance problem.

Which version of Marine Repairs are you using? Tatakau's or mine?

I experienced a problem with Tatakau's version, in which multiple copies of the script would "pile up". Check the Global Tasks section of the script editor to see whether that is happening to you. Ordinarily, tasks with names including "tatakau.repair" should appear only briefly and disappear. If you see a page full of them, and they do not clear in a few seconds, then it is the pile up problem.

I believe that I fixed that problem in my version. Probably. :)

joajoha
x4

[MOD] Battlestar Galactica AP + M.A.R.S

Post by joajoha » Wed, 14. Nov 12, 07:41

Hi.

I have edited the 7047-L044.xml file to make it compatible with the custom weapons of [Mod]Battlestar Galactica AP.

Link to thread:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... battlestar

Link to file:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxkYbRh ... 9GVUk/edit

(As far as I could read, I am allowed to modify the 7575-L044, to make it compadibel to other Mods. Let me know if I am mistaken and I will remove the file :) )

EDIT: I just now saw the FAQ section on the MARS thread, could have saved me alot of trubble :lol:

Taro8
x3tc

Post by Taro8 » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 22:52

I have problem with readtext in AL.

In main AL in only have 0-250. Further options have 0-two thousand something. there is one very weird ID with around million something. I installed, downloaded and reinstalled mars few times, but without success.

t files are where thy should be.

Please help, this is one of the must have mods.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 23:18

What problem(s) are you having? Be specific. Tell us the exact errors that you see or post screenshots.

What language do you play? Which game (TC or AP)?

Taro8
x3tc

Post by Taro8 » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 23:32

English TC, 3.2 with XTM and some other mods.

The problem is that I dont have any MARS related text, here's what I have in AL page:

http://i.imgur.com/mxfig.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7ozBh.jpg

Im sure this is MARS as this block of text appears only when MARS is installed.

t files from MARS are in t folder as they should be.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 23:46

Could MARS be altered so that it doesn't try to use long duration (~2sec beam) beam weapons at fighters?

The PALC works fine, but a Plasma Beam Cannon won't do diddly to an M3. Contact is only maintained for a fraction of a second.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”